Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To the first part of your post, I couldn't agree more that some of the clash jumpers are horrendous but I think that's because they haven't gone down the sensible path of making them predominantly white. That's how you end up, for instance, with Essendon's abominable grey. Melbourne's clash jumper, on the hand, looks good.

As to Darryl Baldock, I, too, remember the photo of him in the Collingwood jumper and I think it's a sign of respect for a vanquished opponent and I'd take that any day over today's look-at-me ******ism.

Ive got no problem with players swapping jumpers after the ceremony...its the kind of old style tradition that I really like. (It used to happen in my local club but it was too expensive to replace a full kit of jumpers each season.) but its unfortunate that the real iconic pic of the Saints only flag is diminished not because of what Baldock is wearing, but of what he's not, and in regards to the 'ism' I'm with you!

More than a VFL grand final berth at stake for Richmond Tigers players
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-richmond-tigers-players-20170914-gyhzq3.html

Dylan Grimes says Richmond Tigers ready to bring the 'heat' in preliminary final
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...eat-in-preliminary-final-20170914-gyhylj.html

Tigers to keep September squeeze going
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-15/september-stranglers-tigers-ready-for-prelim-squeeze

Tigers footy boss admits “I had a little tear in my eye”
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/15/tigers-footy-boss-admits-i-had-a-little-tear-in-my-eye/

Last edited:
CAn the poster who did that video of the spanish guy laughing at the Caddy trade update it to add that Geelongs pick 56 they included in the trade got us Jack Graham - that would be the ultimate insult to Geelol
I was hoping someone would do it with the 'away' final being played at the MCG, the 'catman, and the woman upset with her team getting 'boooooed'.

This is such a foreign place for us to be in. We've had our QF win, we've had our GF ticket ballot application ... now we just sit and wait for our prey to come to us next week. There's a calm before the storm!!!

Yeah it's weird... there's not really much to talk about.

Oh well, to opposition observations!

Correct. I'm partially colour blind and I struggle, at times, especially when players have their backs to the camera and both teams have white or light coloured numbers on a black or dark coloured jumper.

Same ais, not to mention in day games where players are in and out of sun/shade.

With it affecting about 8℅ of the population (overwhelmingly males), you'd think there would be a few each game, be interesting to know if they were under or over represented at the top level.

70 pages and still no posts from mopsy or Goldust

I'm genuine when i say i really want to hear your thoughts on the game. i respect your opinions be it good or negative.
Two things Been pretty busy with other stuff, i didnt even see the game until the following night. The other thing is a lot of people have complained about the negative posts all the time'

This year they have ticked off a lot of boxes and played damn well against Geelong, the best ive seen em play in 30 yrs. I figure people dont want to hear negatives when we have actually achieved something, so i have stayed away.
Hopefully its a time for rejoicing despite what i think. I just think its time to let people have their moment in the sun.

Personally i am surprised i thought id be really excited about having a good chance of getting into a g/f but im not, as i have been saying the game and the club no longer hold sway and i think there are other things i prefer doing.Dont get me wrong i will be cheering them on as much as the next bloke but wont lose any sleep win lose or draw.As i have said this is it for me there is not a lot of joy in it any more.

As someone who can sit back and be dispassionate about it i ask myself Do i have doubts ? The simple answer is you bet ya. i still think we could significantly improve on what we have, and i still think we need to win it this yr because i think we are very much like the dogs of last yr, imo we could well not even make finals next yr the competition is that close. I still think we are very vulnerable in key areas and seriously lack depth which means nothing if we get through one more game unscathed on the injury front.

My main concern still remains the lack of another talented tall fwd and our ability to kick a big score against good sides. Even against Geelong we only had 6 goals to 3/4 time. I still think we only get half of the equation with the three amigos, yes they provide plenty of fwd half pressure but we are not getting much else out of them lately. Two goals between the three and they had just 23 disposals as a collective and thats been a theme for most of the yr.Throw in Townsend who has been good for us but only had three touches all game and thats a huge part of your fwd half not getting their hands on the ball.

Also if injury hits because in key areas there is literally nothing to replace certain types with.
Lose Jack no tall fwd. Lose one of Astbury or Rance no tall defender to come in. Lose Nankervis and we lose one of our best mids hes been huge all yr at the contest.At the moment we only have the two A grade mids and any side would miss the loss of Martin in particular.
I also know we have some blokes who are extremely fragile under pressure.

They have played some great footy as a team over the last month or so and are on a wave, but i still think we are vulnerable because of all of the above and wont be getting too cocky because of it.At the end of the day whatever happens happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone. Watching the VFL something interesting occurred to me. Port Melbourne Borough FC are wearing white shorts, are the away team, but are playing at their home ground against the Williamstown Seagulls who are the no 1 seed. THE OUTRAGE!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Geelong & changes for PRELIM FINAL

Back