Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for Gold Coast round 6

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite Zen about tonight. As opposed to the last 4 weeks I've been furious.

Few reasons why.
#1: We had a bloody crack. Yes, ran out of petrol in the last but effort requires no talent and finally saw solid effort tonight.
#2: Some more good stuff from the younger players. Beaten in the last but otherwise good.
#3: A change in game plan from the coaching staff, adapting to the opposition and actually seeing the team execute (mostly). We clearly out played them in the first half and didn't play into their hands.
#4: Dusty's best game all year, went missing a bit and is definitely not up to his lofty past but actually showed glimpses of being a damaging bull.
#5: Generated a lot of opportunities, if only we had kicked straight.

Now I just hope over this year and next pre season someone works with Taranto on his disposal, he could be a top 3 midfielder in the comp if his disposal was more damaging.

Loved Junior's dedication to the chase, his hit on Brayshaw was the highlight of the night.
Was The low light for me.
Not the chase but the decision by the ump.
If that's an indication to where the game is heading.
Then the game is stuffed.

Also, that is now 10 of 24 quarters played this year where we have kicked 1 goal or less.

Disgusting. Broken. Unacceptable.

Probably just repeating what others said but its cathartic to jot down your thoughts 😆
  • Pickett was poor defensively
  • Jack played well all night
  • Did Vlaustin have new boots on cos he slipped over on like 3 crucial occasions
  • Dusty had a lot o misses but id back him in to turn it around. His goal at the end was a ripper
  • Cumberland good
  • Baltas getting better
  • Someone needs to sit Bolton down and say what I dunno, but he cant be in here doing 1 thing a game without being better defencively
  • Short back in so good, he brought class straight away
  • Taranto best game for the club he was excellent
  • Looking forward to Broad coming back

Jacks a bloody warrior. Moved around very well for a one man show, can hold his head very high.

We’ve missed Short’s foot skills immensely. Probably our best for mine.

Hopper and Taranto were great at bringing short into it and that’s what we’ve recruited them for. I love Prestia but he’s been down compared to Hopper and Taranto but has escaped a fair bit of criticism.

Our rucks battled but you could see they were getting on top of us in the last and starting to get some critical clearances. Liked Ryan’s game, took more marks and if he could’ve kicked straight could’ve had a breakout game. We’ve got enough to work with there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes after developing most of the current generation of stars and turning blokes like Dusty from good into elite.

Have a read of what he’s done at Melbourne in helping develop blokes from fringe to firm contributors.
Heard some very different things about Chocos influence at the club
Did help Dusty but he was far from a positive influence in the club
You think it’s a coincidence that he had to go back to school footy afterwards for a few years before getting another afl gig

Broady thank god is back next week.

Sonsie to come in and be given a good run of games.

Ralphsmith out until he learns to kick and hit targets under pressure. Or even under no pressure.

Mansell ? No idea where that all ends up ?

Cumberland, Ryan, Clarke, Miller play them rest of year.

Overall our Tiger cubs go alright. The future is bright.

And I'm backing Dimma 100%. The rebuild is upon us and I'm gonna enjoy the ride.

We won't make the 8 but when we click I reckon we're gonna make a mess of some of the so called finals prospects the rest of the year.

GO TIGES 🐯 Have a nice evening fellas. Be kind to one another. Lest we forget.

New Zealand Peace GIF by The3Flamingos

Ffs he was playing forward and it never went there . Band me a forward who had an impact in the last quarter .

No it was a positive. I mean his impact in that last is why he would be a great sub. Especially if he won't be playing as a mid. Cotch's last quarter was solid. He had more impact in the last 30 ish minutes of the game, then he had in the 90 minutes previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back