Autopsy Roast & toast vs Suns & changes for West Coast round 8

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a great day yesterday.
Took three hours to get to the game thanks to V/Line.
Had some ****wit sitting behind us with no clue.
My vape caught fire in my pocket during the last quarter almost causing a mass evacuation where I nearly came to blows with said ****wit behind us.
We played like shit and lost.
Said fire ruined my $100 Macpac vest and melted my Kit Kat Chunky that I was saving for the trip home.
Dropped my Hungry Jacks chips on the concourse no less than 30 seconds after buying them and was absolutely craving the bastards.
Took three hours to get home thanks to V/Line.
Got on the wrong bus going home so had to get a $50 Uber from Geelong station instead of Marshall station to Barwon Heads.
Got home and the dog had vomitted all over the loungeroom floor and had to clean it up while nearly barfing myself because it was disgusting.
Set the alarm to watch Spurs vs Liverpool and watched Spurs go three goals to nil down, only to come back to level it at 3-all with two minutes to go only to see Liverpool score 30 seconds later.

I guess the question may be asked about trading away the future for Taranto and Hopper. I'd ask, how sh!t would we be right now if we hadn't?
Exactly. It may prove to be wrong in hindsight but it looked the right decision to me and to many others, including the club.

It’s always said that you need to know where your list is at. That’s not always easy to know.

Anyway, our list isn’t a bottom four group. I don’t believe it’s talent we’re missing. For whatever reason it’s not clicking. Everything looks wrong at the moment: Enthusiasm, skill, confidence, selflessness, synergy….I could go on but they’re all missing and more.

From the outside you can’t tell what it is but I don’t think it’s talent. It’s everything else.

You don’t have a year like last year when we should have been top four, was the highest scoring team, coughed up a win against Geelong in an epic game that we should never have lost etc etc and not have the talent.

It’s can’t be talent. The fact that we didn’t finish top four; that we didn’t nail those wins is the clue as to what our problem is and it’s even bigger this year.

Had some ******* sitting behind us with no clue.
My vape caught fire in my pocket during the last quarter almost causing a mass evacuation where I nearly came to blows with said ******* behind us.
We played like s**t and lost.
Said fire ruined my $100 Macpac vest and melted my Kit Kat Chunky that I was saving for the trip home.
Dropped my Hungry Jacks chips on the concourse no less than 30 seconds after buying them and was absolutely craving the bastards.
Got on the wrong bus going home so had to get a $50 Uber from Geelong station instead of Marshall station to Barwon Heads.
Got home and the dog had vomitted all over the loungeroom floor and had to clean it up while nearly barfing myself because it was disgusting.
Set the alarm to watch Spurs vs Liverpool and watched Spurs go three goals to nil down, only to come back to level it at 3-all with two minutes to go only to see Liverpool score 30 seconds later.
It’s a pity your vape didn’t cause a mass evacuation. They may have cancelled the game. Sounds like a shit day out all round mate - wonder if your dog had watched the game at home given the vomit?

Are we transitioning/rebuilding or going for a flag?
I honestly think both. I think we believed we could squeeze another flag out of the list with TT and Hopper but injuries have just destroyed that. Getting them assists with the transition and will prove sound list management I think/hope 🙏

Yeah, because you’re guaranteed to get an elite midfielder with a couple of good draft picks …. Dow, Phillips, Thomas, Ellis, Petreski-Seton, Settlefield…. I’ll name 50 more dud midfielders from the last 10 x drafts taken top-20 if you like?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Give me the top 3s from the last few years

I've said this before - but I'm not a fan of the 50m penalties.
They should be there only for late hits or dirty hits behind play or for petulantly throwing the ball away. Stepping forwards over the mark, or umpire abuse (which is not throwing arms up in frustration or asking what that free kick was for) can also be included.

FFS. A 50m penalty for wanting to man the mark. Or for stepping sideways or backwards off the mark. I think they are stupid rules.

My vape caught fire in my pocket during the last quarter almost causing a mass evacuation where I nearly came to blows with said ******* behind us.
Thanks for that Tugga, needed a good laugh, you had me in tears.
At least next Saturday can’t be any worse.
Can it???????

Miller Out for sure... Bradtke In, Samson 2nd ruck behind Soldo

Grimes has lost all his composure this year.

Kmac has to go, maybe plays a good role in a tope team that can carry him, but offers nothing outside of "he runs all day"
Bradtke didn't even play VFL and is a mile off AFL level. No chance.

So wasn’t that bad a day/evening then 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradtke didn't even play VFL and is a mile off AFL level. No chance.
I missed he didn't play AFL, so thats on me...

But Miller is a mile off AFL level at the moment, so you have to try something.

I know they have been playing Bauer back , but maybe bring him in as a forward

Taranto did it all.
Ryan needs to play every game he can. He’s a goer and can genuinely play both ruck and forward.
Baker, Martin, Bolton, Rioli, Short, Vlastuin, Broad can go home relatively happy.
Not sure about Young yet but at least he always has a crack.
Balta is more early Rance than late Rance.
Grimes is more cooked than Jack, but not as much as Cotchin.
Ross a nowhere footballer in this side but needs a month to try and find something.
Dow must play next week.
Miller not a ruckman, or a forward, or a defender. Rudderless. Time to see if Nyuon deserves another contract.
Soldo first footy back was bang on average, but worth keeping as a backup ruckman.
Hardwick stupid coaching has cost us two weeks in a row. Subbing Miller last week and moving Balta was the wrong move. Going with 3 ruck rotation and dropping the smalls in Mansell and Clarke was the wrong move. No pressure in the forward line.
Every single one of our young guys who played senior footy last year has either regressed or flat out not improved. Clarke you could argue has been ok. Gibcus hurt. Ralphsmith average. Maurice has been meh and then got hurt. Cumberland looked meek after Dimma thought it would be a good idea to whack him (why!?!?). Ross promised so much as an inside mid with his EF performance but has been punted with Taranto and Hopper in, + our refusal to retire Cotch. Sonsie is young but he was awful yesterday and looked miles off it. Miller’s collapse has been really surprising and really shit to watch.
Hard to see a way out of this.

Can it???????
Going on a houseboat up in the SA Riverland on Friday for a week with no mobile reception and hopefully our game isn't on FTA TV.
I'll be blissfully unaware of ow the game turns out on Saturday unless I see a mushroom cloud from 400km away at around 3.30pm.

I'd pay good money to see that...;):D

was a worry the bolded bit. noticed the not much back at the time too : [

samson showed more leadership than guys with 200 games plus
Leadership team need a spray

leadership as a collective has been lacking throughout the year

when Sammy Ryan slotted the goal in the last to give us hope, he was yelling at all players around him saying CMON CMON!…not much love coming back

moments later, Soldo has a set shot 39 m in front ( for some reason can’t cope with the pressure if it all) ….taranto stupidly calls for it in the pocket near the boundary line….we know what happened ffs…whole side decides to pack it in (again)

I’d say it’s really only been Baker, Rioli that have both shown grit consistently throughout 23…

That 50M penalty happened right in front of me and all the Richmond fans gave it to the umps as no way that was 50, I saw at least 4 GC players do the same thing with no penalty, also the kid has been badly missed managed over the past week and was left out of both VFL and Seniors for the Anzac game, I would be down as well, very poor from the coaches when we see experienced players like Macca & Marlon still in for poor form and ill disciplined acts which result in goals and changing the game, Marlon was better yesterday but Macca was putrid
wake up... it's called the protected zone we don't like it, but players should be smarter than that now. sonz wasn't switched on. he was shocking he may have been a bit crook that is the only excuse i see for him.

Can it???????
I layed a bet on the Egirls @6.40 so it will ease the pain if we lose, if we win I will be elated

Going on a houseboat up in the SA Riverland on Friday for a week with no mobile reception and hopefully our game isn't on FTA TV.
I'll be blissfully unaware of ow the game turns out on Saturday unless I see a mushroom cloud from 400km away at around 3.30pm.
The only good thing about footy at the minute is the dissent rule seems to have gone the way of the dodo
Every man and his dog were throwing up their arms across all games and don’t think I saw 1 paid

If we can't beat west coast then we are seriously screwed

Banks and Bauer have to debut this week, maybe also give dow a run

Give prestia another week off

Play Cotchin the sooner he gets to 300 the better, playing him against weaker sides also makes sense.

Rest Jack, last time we gave him a week off he came back with a spring in his step for two weeks and we are going to need him against geelong and essendon

Give Grimes a rest

Drop Miller

Need to play a more balanced side pushing mids like sonsie and ross to outside roles doesn't work

Put short into the midfield aswell as pickett who did some good stuff in the 4th quarter when we were pushing

Put Baker back to HF where he has played his best most impactful footy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back