Autopsy Roast & toast vs Suns & changes for West Coast round 8

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taranto did it all.
Ryan needs to play every game he can. He’s a goer and can genuinely play both ruck and forward.
Baker, Martin, Bolton, Rioli, Short, Vlastuin, Broad can go home relatively happy.
Not sure about Young yet but at least he always has a crack.
Balta is more early Rance than late Rance.
Grimes is more cooked than Jack, but not as much as Cotchin.
Ross a nowhere footballer in this side but needs a month to try and find something.
Dow must play next week.
Miller not a ruckman, or a forward, or a defender. Rudderless. Time to see if Nyuon deserves another contract.
Soldo first footy back was bang on average, but worth keeping as a backup ruckman.
Hardwick stupid coaching has cost us two weeks in a row. Subbing Miller last week and moving Balta was the wrong move. Going with 3 ruck rotation and dropping the smalls in Mansell and Clarke was the wrong move. No pressure in the forward line.
Every single one of our young guys who played senior footy last year has either regressed or flat out not improved. Clarke you could argue has been ok. Gibcus hurt. Ralphsmith average. Maurice has been meh and then got hurt. Cumberland looked meek after Dimma thought it would be a good idea to whack him (why!?!?). Ross promised so much as an inside mid with his EF performance but has been punted with Taranto and Hopper in, + our refusal to retire Cotch. Sonsie is young but he was awful yesterday and looked miles off it. Miller’s collapse has been really surprising and really s**t to watch.
Hard to see a way out of this.

Agree with most of this.
Miller is the equivalent of Gourdis, Post, McBean, Elton, Hughes, or any other 'flavour of the month' tall we've had over the last two decades, who never worked out.
Won't make the Griffiths level, which let's face it, was a low bar.

Never been his biggest fan, but Hardwick - damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Made some ordinary moves of late, but I'd rather he make ordinary moves than the none it all, which I have been critical of in the past.

PS. The fact Cumberland sunk in the wake of a critique is on Cumberland himself.
Which maybe symptomatic of this team as a whole right now. No one wants to take responsibility or be accountable bar a few.

Could we see banks in for Macca straight swap this week
Banks is a really good user of the ball.
I'd like to see more body of work from him in the twos, but I wouldn't be against debuting him either.

Another positive from today. Dimma cracked a smile in the presser. At least he hasn't lost his sense of humour. Some perspective. If you loose that, then well you know the rest. Chill out fellas, it's only a game
a game the players dont seem to be enjoying at the mo

If we can't beat west coast then we are seriously screwed

Banks and Bauer have to debut this week, maybe also give dow a run

Give prestia another week off

Play Cotchin the sooner he gets to 300 the better, playing him against weaker sides also makes sense.

Rest Jack, last time we gave him a week off he came back with a spring in his step for two weeks and we are going to need him against geelong and essendon

Give Grimes a rest

Drop Miller

Need to play a more balanced side pushing mids like sonsie and ross to outside roles doesn't work

Put short into the midfield aswell as pickett who did some good stuff in the 4th quarter when we were pushing

Put Baker back to HF where he has played his best most imapctful footy
Banks is a really good user of the ball.
I'd like to see more body of work from him in the twos, but I wouldn't be against debuting him either.
The eagle’s have nothing their reserves got belted by over 100 for the third week in a row
If not this week when?

The only good thing about footy at the minute is the dissent rule seems to have gone the way of the dodo
Every man and his dog were throwing up their arms across all games and don’t think I saw 1 paid
Stephenson from North got 100m paid against him (resulting in a goal) for dissent by razor ray. Looked like he asked "what for" for the initial 50m. The initial free was dodgy too as the player seemed to duck his head into Stephenson shins.

wake up... it's called the protected zone we don't like it, but players should be smarter than that now. sonz wasn't switched on. he was shocking he may have been a bit crook that is the only excuse i see for him.
Wake up LOL, OK so why did the GC players who did exactly the same not get penalised?? Yep he was not good, but there were plenty of others equal to his input yesterday

If we can't beat west coast then we are seriously screwed

Banks and Bauer have to debut this week, maybe also give dow a run

Give prestia another week off

Play Cotchin the sooner he gets to 300 the better, playing him against weaker sides also makes sense.

Rest Jack, last time we gave him a week off he came back with a spring in his step for two weeks and we are going to need him against geelong and essendon

Give Grimes a rest

Drop Miller

Need to play a more balanced side pushing mids like sonsie and ross to outside roles doesn't work

Put short into the midfield aswell as pickett who did some good stuff in the 4th quarter when we were pushing

Put Baker back to HF where he has played his best most impactful footy
I don't understand the concept of resting these guys, and especially Prestia who has already had one week off. I know we need to get Cotch to 300, so like you would like to see it sooner rather than later to be honest. Playing these older guys who are cooked, is like taking injured players into a GF.

Was a great day yesterday.
Took three hours to get to the game thanks to V/Line.
Had some ******* sitting behind us with no clue.
My vape caught fire in my pocket during the last quarter almost causing a mass evacuation where I nearly came to blows with said ******* behind us.
We played like s**t and lost.
Said fire ruined my $100 Macpac vest and melted my Kit Kat Chunky that I was saving for the trip home.
Dropped my Hungry Jacks chips on the concourse no less than 30 seconds after buying them and was absolutely craving the bastards.
Took three hours to get home thanks to V/Line.
Got on the wrong bus going home so had to get a $50 Uber from Geelong station instead of Marshall station to Barwon Heads.
Got home and the dog had vomitted all over the loungeroom floor and had to clean it up while nearly barfing myself because it was disgusting.
Set the alarm to watch Spurs vs Liverpool and watched Spurs go three goals to nil down, only to come back to level it at 3-all with two minutes to go only to see Liverpool score 30 seconds later.
I mean if you didn't vape none of that would have happened so... It's on you brah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the concept of resting these guys, and especially Prestia who has already had one week off. I know we need to get Cotch to 300, so like you would like to see it sooner rather than later to be honest. Playing these older guys who are cooked, is like taking injured players into a GF.
Unless my maths is wrong and it could be Cotch needs a rest otherwise his #300 will be Freo at Optus
Rest one week and it is saints at the G tigers home game

Teams will be lining up to play us on current form
I know, bet they can't wait to thrash us by 21 points and boost the percentage. We have lost 5 games and our average losing margin is that 21 points. We are playing rubbish footy and our average losing margin is 21 points. If it was 51 points then yeah rage but if you're playing like a busted suitcase and the opposition who are on top of their game that round are only just beating you then it's not all that bad in my eyes.

Comfortably our worst performance of the year, every other game we have had good patches varying from one quarter to three. Yesterday was poor, and really disappointing. It was nice to see Dimma show some of his pain in the presser, I don't know why exactly because obviously he cares but sometimes that can be lost when coaches/players always play the straight bat to the media. Made me feel a bit better, again I don't really know why.

So much went wrong it's hard to know where to start, clearly without Lynch our forward line isn't functioning which was a fear plenty had. Ball movement didn't help yesterday but forwards also don't help themselves with poor finishing and positioning. 90% of our kicks going inside 50 where under pressure, so they were high, loopy and falling short. Our forwards continuously got caught behind. While they should expect better ball movement and delivery I50, you need to adjust and make the best out of sh1tty service. Adapt or die and unfortunately yesterday we did the latter.

Moving forward we really are at the point where we just have to look at games quarter by quarter until we get some confidence and flow back into our game. Come out early against a bad West Coast and make a statement, blow them away. I do not know what this season holds long term for us, but a big win is badly needed and there is a golden opportunity to get it on Saturday.

Warning to oppo posters doing bogus votes on our board.
several of you have been banned this morning.
final warning to the rest.
Who the hell goes onto another board and posts bogus votes, seriously that's primary school antics and these idiots are probably adults. FMD what losers.

Thanks for that Tugga, needed a good laugh, you had me in tears.
At least next Saturday can’t be any worse.
Can it???????
Yes it can.

Tim kelly gonna have 35 and 3+ goals
Nothing surer

That 50M penalty happened right in front of me and all the Richmond fans gave it to the umps as no way that was 50, I saw at least 4 GC players do the same thing with no penalty, also the kid has been badly missed managed over the past week and was left out of both VFL and Seniors for the Anzac game, I would be down as well, very poor from the coaches when we see experienced players like Macca & Marlon still in for poor form and ill disciplined acts which result in goals and changing the game, Marlon was better yesterday but Macca was putrid

I dunno man, if it was me I would have left nothing on the field. Worked my absolute ****ing ass off, put my head over the ball at every opportunity, gut run till I puked. But maybe you and I are different in that manner. Can't excuse him for those weak, gutless 3 quarters of football. And you can't compare it to Macca and Marlion who left nothing on the field and worked tirelessly. Yes they played shit, but they at least tried.

Going on a houseboat up in the SA Riverland on Friday for a week with no mobile reception and hopefully our game isn't on FTA TV.
I'll be blissfully unaware of ow the game turns out on Saturday unless I see a mushroom cloud from 400km away at around 3.30pm.
Or the houseboat hits a snag and you sink.
You’ll probably be able to extrapolate how we are going from there given your current run of luck.

I know, bet they can't wait to thrash us by 21 points and boost the percentage. We have lost 5 games and our average losing margin is that 21 points. We are playing rubbish footy and our average losing margin is 21 points. If it was 51 points then yeah rage but if you're playing like a busted suitcase and the opposition who are on top of their game that round are only just beating you then it's not all that bad in my eyes.

Yeah and it was 24 points against a CRAP team called Gold Coast who couldn't beat a drum.
Gold Coast might have beaten two other sides yesterday - maybe only one.

I couldn't care if the average margin is 3, 11 or 77, you lose.
We won't win games kicking scores in the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s.
We might manage the margin somewhat as we've been doing, but we won't win.

Or the houseboat hits a snag and you sink.
You’ll probably be able to extrapolate how we are going from there given your current run of luck.
My in-laws are going and my mother-in-law can't swim, so that might be a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back