AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

they gave up some goals in a 20 goal to 17 goal shootout? Noooo!!!

In all seriousness though, you're agreeing with me. Hurley wasn't poor. Was he best on ground? No. But ****, we throttled them in a high scoring game. Shits me people want to take potshots after that, especially erroneous ones
What does a shoot out have to do with unforced errors in open play. Anyways, don't really care, we won so EAD norf.

Hurley is a gun but at the moment he is kind of hindering the way we want to play. We are at our best when we are taking the game on from the back half. He often seems reluctant to try release a player or take it on himself. There were times today where he marked the ball with momentum and players running past but his immediate reaction was to retreat and take a kick. He is also starting to dump the ball forward whenever under pressure.
This is probably harsh because he is a gun and is playing good footy. I just think the way he is playing at times is at odds with the way the team is trying to play

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

So why did we get shafted with the free kick count again? Under 3 a qtr vs their plus 5.

Last edited:

Well done, great game and too good. Thought we battled manfully but Corey McKernan is a player, should have won a Brownlow in 96. Great to see him still playing like the best CHF/ruck the game has seen.

Good luck for the remainder of the season. Oh and there is a rivalry and i wish we played you guys twice as a season. Actually playing a fellow Vic club that's going ok twice a season would be a novelty.

Game was a microcosm of where both sides are at. North structure up very well, source most of their stuff from clearances and contested ball and bring a really clear method, we're far less structured (although that part is improving) and like to ping everything off the half back line but I just think there's a clear gulf in talent between the two sides.

We had more class players come up trumps in more big moments, pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuck in a dance concert for the WHOLE game. Kept score updates constantly. Bloody nervous the whole time. Not sure if my ticker will las the replay. Great win. Phew
You too? I got out at 3/4 time so yelled at the radio on the way home in the 4th (wife was with kids in 2nd car as they had to get there plenty early)

Besides 10 minutes in the third quarter, that was as close to a perfect game as one would want to see at this level.
Good to see Trav play a good game without a clanger, he seemed to have worked on his composure.
Smack is just Smack.
Myers gave me the bird for questioning his place in the side.
The three S's were just sizzling.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back