Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when Port fans would berate players who didn't play for the jumper? Remember when John Cahill would challenge the players to lift and promising them he'd give them his own heart?

That Port Adelaide is dead. What we have now is a fully fledged AFL franchise driven by the public relations and spin masters. They'll praise Hinkley and the players for winning.

As much as I think Port would be better under a different coach, I do feel for the man (unpopular opinion).

He would have had the week from hell.
He can wipe his tears with the millions he’s siphoned away from a club that isn’t the strongest financially. He hasn’t earned a shred of sympathy from me.

As much as I think Port would be better under a different coach, I do feel for the man (unpopular opinion).

He would have had the week from hell.
Then he should quit.

He hasn't been forced into this position. He chose it for his own selfish reasons. Nobody wants him to coach us except his accountant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing gross.
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Two clueless teams going head to head resulting in a catastrophic outcome for us going forward.

We are bottom 4 quality, nearing wooden spoon levels.
I don't disagree with the first part but we're 2pts away from top 4 and 24pts ahead of 16th...
'Nearing wooden spoon levels' is laughable

The only positive from this game was there was more endeavour from the playing group today, regardless of the calibre of the opposition.

Youngest and least experienced team we've fielded in years.
Mead, Evans, Lorenz, Sinn, Sweet, JHF, Jones, Lord, MG, Narkle all less than 50 games and most under 21.
Maybe we need to persevere with and get games into youth, and let their enthusiasm permeate the older blokes.

Thinking it may be best for the club to let Boak, Dixon and a few others to be given the DCM, and move forward.

Well that was painful but we got the win that’s the main thing .
Hopefully they can work on getting some confidence back .
JHF best on ground
Allir our second best
Quite a few ordinary performances though.
Sweet is reasonable in the centre square but not much chop anywhere else but he has played under 20 games so he possibly gets there .
Evans wasn’t much but he did get better in the second half .
Narkle did more than McEntee.
Jones and Farrell under par .
Boak and Finlayson didn’t do much
DBJ ordinary
Butters good in patches but could do with a brain transplant sometimes
Lord ok Zerk Thatcher ok
Drew , Wines not bad . Sinn ok
But yea just good to get the win and hopefully we can build some sort of form starting from next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back