Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Since 2020 we probably would have given up on a game like that half way through the third.

Seems like head dropping and limp away performances will no longer be accepted.

Could see (and half expected) a 10-12 goal loss happening halfway through the 3rd.

Definitely a change directly stemming from a new voice imo

Having a lot of trouble processing this one. First and foremost, **** yes. So good to win. To win in Tas. To win 2 weeks in a row. To put another tick next to Schofield's name.

Where I do feel for North is that they lost despite playing pretty consistently for 4 quarters. We switched off for a half and those long stretches of the game where we don't score are still too frequent. Lots to do there.

Gaff, like Darling last week, was great. Rolled back the clock.

Love the resilience we've shown the last 2 weeks. Get your head read if you think these guys aren't responding to JScho.

i can see Reid tiring a bit, its his first year and i rekon the club are keeping him away from the center after the bruising Derby

Reid's exceeded what I expected out of him this years to be honest. He's a young contested bull with an average? fitness base at the moment...first half of the year was great, now's getting tagged, roughed up and sat on before even playing 20 games is something barely anyone's ever gone through.

Couple more pre-seasons and he'll fight through it.

Gov was incredible and Allen played out of his skin in the second half. Yeo’s fourth quarter was superb too - kicked an important goal and stood up big time in the middle when LDU was threatening to take over the game. And Ginbey just keeps getting better.

That said, Dewar’s goal might have been my favourite moment. Love watching this kid play

Negatives:
  • A lot of passengers until half way of the third term.
  • getting slapped by xerri
  • Getting kited by opponents midfield structure who are able to move it out without pressure out the back of stoppage

Positives:
- McGovern just may be the greatest of all time, he does it time and time again

- Big big effort to get the win for a highly morale benefiting away game for the team morale

- North getting a dog up em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t underestimate the benefit these late season wins will have on the group. Got ourselves away from the spoon and our younger crew are getting the chance to grow in their roles whilst being protected by our older boys. Getting some traction with our green shoots.

Our efficiency up forward inevitably got us the win, but Gov really held up his end of the bargain down back as our one key back. This description of him mid week from Daniel Hoyne really is accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back