Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent point I reckon. :thumbsu:
Plus, the AFL needs to tweak the rules so that they are more clear cut and less open to subjective interpretation.
Doing away with instructions on emphasizing the 'rule of the round" would help also. That simply contributes to inconsistency and confusion in everyone's minds - players, coaches, supporters.
Yes SP, there are so many things that can be done to assist the umps. Incremental improvement is a start.

Does it though?

Bombers don't look too flash to me. Where has it helped them?

And I can't think of many/any games the Cats have won purely on an umpiring decision.
Gee

Short memory mate

Watch the 2022 qualifying final replay

We would have won that game by 4 goals without Rosebury

There’s even a convenient highlight package of the decisions in question on YouTube

Yes, CFC, just honest mistakes. Until the game and its administrators as a whole, refuse to accept the very high number of officiating errors that occur in every game every week nothing will really change.
The game needs to shift from ' players make mistakes so do umpires ' to a starting point of expecting every call to be correct and working toward that happening.
It's a mind set shift, from acceptance of average to expectation of excellence. Surely the biggest professional sport in the land needs to drive toward the latter.
Until it happens we have to live with a chorus of justified complaint and knowledge that games are decided on the ' acceptance of average' adjudication.
The AFL’s aim is to manipulate the game to the version that they think will get them the most viewers and therefore broadcast dollars. They don’t give a rats if the umpiring is unfair, inconsistent or to complicated.

Unfortunately our gamestyle when trying to save a game involves lots of stoppages, something they don’t want.

Are you actually insane enough to believe officials could be organised into manipulating results? Who is in on it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Umpires have conscious and unconscious bias
It’s more subtle than your rant

Ask Greg Williams about his Brownlow votes when he had 45 possessions

I definitely believe that they through conscious bias can change or manipulate yes the result of a game and it’s delusional of even you to assume that everything is squeaky clean at afl umpiring level and nothing to see here

Yes so put me down on the manipulated. possible column

Are you actually insane enough to believe officials could be organised into manipulating results? Who is in on it?

I've never understood fans who believe in umpiring conspiracies, yet continue to follow the game. If I believed that the umpires were manipulating results, I would stop following the AFL. What would be the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask grant Thomas what the umpires said to him on the plane back from Perth after st kilda game

An off hand comment doesn’t scream organised conspiracy. Having had the unfortunate experience of Thommo as a coach, I wouldn’t be putting any weight on anything that comes out of his mouth

I've never understood fans who believe in umpiring conspiracies, yet continue to follow the game. If I believed that the umpires were manipulating results, I would stop following the AFL. What would be the point?

If I believed it I would be interested to watch it to see how far it goes? Are the afl execs risking their million dollar salaries and lifelong financial security just because they hate the Pies? Especially when the Pies in finals means more afl revenue?

You have a very naive view of human behaviour if you don’t think it’s possible

There was an umpire charged last year for releasing details of Brownlow votes

Lots of these guys grow up hating the pies like 80 percent of the football public
It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities to take their conscious bias into a game
Anyway I don’t really care what you think A@$!wipe
I don’t think lateral thinking is your strong point

If I believed it I would be interested to watch it to see how far it goes? Are the afl execs risking their million dollar salaries and lifelong financial security just because they hate the Pies? Especially when the Pies in finals means more afl revenue?

Who said anything about executives ?
Jesus

It’s a subtle bias from umpires on the night

I don’t think these guys meet at the watergate hotel to plan their moves before a game
lol

You have a very naive view of human behaviour if you don’t think it’s possible

There was an umpire charged last year for releasing details of Brownlow votes

Lots of these guys grow up hating the pies like 80 percent of the football public
It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities to take their conscious bias into a game
Anyway I don’t really care what you think A@$!wipe
I don’t think lateral thinking is your strong point

Like I say, conspiracy theorising is preferable to bagging our players. Glad to have shifted your lateral thinking.

I know this will get mocked and what not but it's the honest truth from second hand stories. My mum was a social club member for years in the 80s and 90s and an ex Collingwood player who switched clubs and later coached a team(I won't mention who) told my mum Straight out that we would lose to Essendon one day and that it was pre planned. We were up by 40+ points and lost the match. I've even met this player and his dad on a couple of occasions where they know her name first hand. Peter Daicos also knows my mum's name first hand I was blessed enough to meet Nick and have a great chat with him before he was drafted. People would be surprised with what goes on behind closed doors. One umpire I can't remember his name when he retired in the 90s admitted to absolutely hating Collingwood, my mum's partners brother worked with razor ray in accounting and he admitted to absolutely hating a few players including Jack Riewoldt so the unconcious and conscious biased would have to be a factor considering their humans making heat of the moment decisions and that's at the very least.

I know this will get mocked and what not but it's the honest truth from second hand stories. My mum was a social club member for years in the 80s and 90s and an ex Collingwood player who switched clubs and later coached a team(I won't mention who) told my mum Straight out that we would lose to Essendon one day and that it was pre planned. We were up by 40+ points and lost the match. I've even met this player and his dad on a couple of occasions where they know her name first hand. Peter Daicos also knows my mum's name first hand I was blessed enough to meet Nick and have a great chat with him before he was drafted. People would be surprised with what goes on behind closed doors. One umpire I can't remember his name when he retired in the 90s admitted to absolutely hating Collingwood, my mum's partners brother worked with razor ray in accounting and he admitted to absolutely hating a few players including Jack Riewoldt so the unconcious and conscious biased would have to be a factor considering their humans making heat of the moment decisions and that's at the very least.
Every one who is sound of mind would realise as a possibility but Mr A@&)&wipe is slow on the uptake

It's disappointing that Fly mentioned it. I understand that he's frustrated but now the click bait hungry media's going to be all over it.
Let them be. Who cares. Can we be anymore hated by opposition fans than we already are? He's human. How many Collingwood supporters were screaming the same during the last term? Sometimes logic and balance go out the window when your team loses in such painful circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back