Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gutted. Just disgraceful umpiring for that umpire not to blow the whistle and pay 50. :rage:
Great games from Darcy Cameron, who has been enormous in the back half of this season and also Sidey.

The only good thing out of this debacle is that it probably didn’t cost us a place in the finals.Even if we had won our last three games we probably would have missed out on the finals on percentage because our percentage is so lousy.

Last edited:

We weren’t making the finals anyway, so it doesn’t really matter in that regard.

We need to stop going into our shell when we have a lead. It’s a real weakness.

But gee… that umpiring… abysmal. It’s a blight on the game.
Can’t be doing that next year. Just need to put teams to the sword. Sydney were on toast. Umpiring has been shocking for a long time now, I’ve told myself many times I don’t want to watch anymore 😂

Wait, Taylor Adams played!? And he's talking bloods culture fmd 😂😂😂 wow

Yeah it's pretty obvious teams have gone to work on our attempts to shut-down the game. Not sure why we would want to when we were clearly on top.

Also, that non 50 is the worst decision of the year. First he touched him when he wasn't in the contest. Next he ran about 8 metres past the mark. Next the umpire bloody told McStay to play on! Rushing his kick. Absolute choke job by that umpire. That is paid at every other moment in the game.

We go to sleep in 4th quarters. Can't mark, can't hold a tackle, can't kick a goal, gets run down - simply can't put the game to bed.

What happened to all the come from anywhere to win and never say die attitudes? we just let the opposition into the game week after week, every friggin week.

Doesn't deserve to play finals, fitting end to the season.

It’s beyond a joke at this stage. He is one of the worst trades of all time.
Pretty sure our mob of brilliant minds can outdo it this trade period.

Which spid will they give away next years first for this time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you choke a 27 point lead? We choked a 26 point lead against Freo?

Thats shocking coaching.

Freo we had an excuse because we were down to 1 on the bench and copped a random rule hardly anyone knows about.

Tonight was a total repeat of last week. Nice lead, decide to shut it down when too much time is left and we don’t play our way so never get the ball forward.

How do you choke a 27 point lead? We choked a 26 point lead against Freo?

Thats shocking coaching.
Has to be on the coaching group this loss. They must be sanctioning this approach of going full turtle mode for 20 min, our players do it far too often, it never gets addressed and it finally cost us our season.

Its only pot luck that this didnt happen 2 weeks in a row. Despite the umpires, who I'm sure we will all be told did a stellar job, we should have been able to hang on. Thats on us. That game was in the bag.

Another unforgivable last 10 minutes.

There was absolutely no reason for them to turn that around the way they did. They had nothing going for them. No momentum, no structure, nothing.

We just rolled over.

Sums up our season.

Too easy to blame the umps for this loss.

Don’t get me wrong, they were disgusting the entire match, but we played the wrong game style for that ground and for those conditions, missed easy set shots and left it waaaaay too late to sub off Schultz who gave us two thirds of **** all the entire game

The last 2 were ****ing disgusting decisions. Cox should have won a free kick for being tackled without the ball.

But the last one, the umpire closest to it and on the boundary with perfect view instructed his mate to not pay deliberate and yet he did…
That particular rule is destroying footy to be honest,it needs to be fixed,makes me want to stop watching footy full stop.

Fly Schultz direct from Sydney back to Perth, **** me dead, what an absolute train wreck of a trade. Haywood’s worth a first rounder; Schultz isn’t even in our best 22, he’s a downgrade on Ginnivan! 5 years we signed him for 🤦‍♀️
Absolute truth.

The only good thing out of this debacle is that it probably didn’t cost us a place in the finals.Even if we had won our last three games we probably would have missed out on the finals on percentage because out percentage is so lousy.
Our percentage funnily is lousy because we do the same thing , even when we win.

Luckily the ball has gone either side of the post a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back