Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting listening to Sam’s post match press conference where he spoke about Rama being stiff to miss out and how the squeeze to fit them all in is tricky. Mentioned the midfield is performing better with the new ruckman, that the spread of goal kickers wasn’t by design, spoke about Frosty’s willingness for a contest and that every line played their role. Spoke highly of HMo and Gunners and how their experience added much to the team. There was even a hint of a smile when discussing those two,

A lot of people bagging on Worpel, sure he didn’t get the numbers but he did a lot of the grunt work and was constantly at the bottom of packs forcing a stoppage.

Thought Frenchie was fantastic in the first half and Morrison has to stay.

Moore should probably be our captain tbh, such a tough player.

Great to get 4 points but pretty disappointing to only win the second half by 8 points, North are a rabble and we really should have put them to the sword.

I really liked seeing Moore in a few centre bounces, how many times has that happened previously? Also terrific to see Weddle and MacDonald go back with the flight into marking contests!

Interesting listening to Sam’s post match press conference where he spoke about Rama being stiff to miss out and how the squeeze to fit them all in is tricky. Mentioned the midfield is performing better with the new ruckman, that the spread of goal kickers wasn’t by design, spoke about Frosty’s willingness for a contest and that every line played their role. Spoke highly of HMo and Gunners and how their experience added much to the team. There was even a hint of a smile when discussing those two,
you forgot that he also mentioned last week's slippery, humid conditions ;)

Shout out to Moore.

Only small forwards to kick more goals in 2024 are Bolton & Weightman. Much more hyped small fwds that are equal, or behind him include Higgins, Elliott, Stengle, Papley, Rankine, B Hill, Kozi P & C Cameron. All in better performing teams than the Hawks.

Worth noting.

Nice stat.

Paul Curtis actually up there as well and has kicked more than Moore. Gave us a bit of trouble today in patches I thought

Good result, some players getting into form was important but there's still much work to do.
I don't listen to Oppo presses ever, but I thought I give clarko's a look, he was complimentary of our game but more importantly, whatever happened or happens from here on in, I will always respect, appreciate and remember what that bloke did for us at his time at our club. I honestly hope he picks the Kangas up from here on and wins a fair share of their games. Absolute legend of the HFC ..

So good to get the win finally and find out that we haven’t sunk to the lowest of low depths - on wards and up wards!
Didn’t see the game unfortunately so can’t comment, many here may be thankful for that. Go Hawks !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights of the game:
Harry Morrison and Jack Gunston’s leadership, experience and work rate was on full display. Gave really good and really calm assistance to the team.
Jai Serong in the team meant that Scrimma and Frosty had the opportunity to impact contests more. Scrimma tackling was a highlight, while Frosts willingness in contests is a superb attribute.
Chol competing in packs, his defensive pressure and his goal off. 3 steps from outside 50 was tremendous.
Dylan Moore getting on the end of excellent work through his industrious work rate was well deserved.
Meek battling hard in the ruck and kicking goals.
Newcombe and Nash finding form - in particular Nash who had the acid test out on him this week.
Cam Mackenzie is a star in the making - so composed.
Connor MacDonald in the first half.
Seamus Mitchell wanting to take the game on and run.
Josh Weddle showing he can do it at both ends.
While we didn’t capitalise in the second half, a resounding win was excellent and a morale booster.

Nash would want to be careful.

He's a Mitchell pet and I get why, the upside is enormous (literally, at 198cm) and his year last year was excellent.

But hustwaite and Stephens aren't going to be raw kids forever

I can't see 2024 Nash being part of a premiership team, 2023 Nash yes, but it's feeling more and more like an outlier...

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Probably not the game to comment on Nash's future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gives him the 5 coaches votes for this game.

Winning form is good form, I think the lads needed that to get the monkey off their back.

Makes you think how different our season could have gone if we had off kicked straight against Essendon?

Frost is definitely having a career best year but we shouldn't overlook how well my man Scrimmers is playing.

He's been an absolute rock at CHB, hasn't played a bad game all year IMHO.
It's almost like you spoke it into existence. Tbh, your posting last year was nauseating, but you deserve to bask in it this year because Scrim has been brilliant. Him and Frosty the pick of our backs across the year.

Moore is the spiritual captain of this side.

Heart and soul player. Must be inspirational watching the smallest player on the field crash into packs against the likes of Xerri in the middle.

Really loving Finn's work the last few weeks. Is actually doing some damage while negating an opposition. Sheezel had a lot of the ball but was ineffective.

Great to get 4 points but pretty disappointing to only win the second half by 8 points, North are a rabble and we really should have put them to the sword.

I really liked seeing Moore in a few centre bounces, how many times has that happened previously? Also terrific to see Weddle and MacDonald go back with the flight into marking contests!
I think you're being a little unreasonable here. You can't go on 9 goal runs all the time. It's quite common in blowout games for the losing side to peg back a few goals towards the end, yet we won every quarter. Can't be unhappy with that.

Probably not the game to comment on Nash's future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gives him the 5 coaches votes for this game.

I do understand what he was trying to say tbf. Nash has fairly poor foot skills and decision making compared to some of the naturally talented guys like Hustwaite that grow up playing the game. IF someone like Hustwaite could have the physical attributes and running capacity of Nash, there is no reason Nash should be playing over them. I think that was the point he was trying to make. FWIW he had a great game today though and firmly puts himself in the undroppable basket for another month

I think you're being a little unreasonable here. You can't go on 9 goal runs all the time. It's quite common in blowout games for the losing side to peg back a few goals towards the end, yet we won every quarter. Can't be unhappy with that.
Fair comment, look i'm stoked with the win and with a lot of the performances, just think we could have really destroyed them considering we were 45 points up halfway through the second quarter

It's almost like you spoke it into existence. Tbh, your posting last year was nauseating, but you deserve to bask in it this year because Scrim has been brilliant. Him and Frosty the pick of our backs across the year.
I always believed that this guy is a genuine A grade player. He's proving me right this year.

Many people like to focus on a players shortcomings, I tend to focus on a players strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back