Draft Watcher SMYTHE's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not his first league games. He played 3 last year as a 16 year old, recording a BOG performance with 21 disposals. He’s come out this year and has put another two BOG performances up. How he isn’t talked about in contention for no.1 is baffling considering the work he’s doing against men
Feels like he is starting to be mentioned a lot the last 48 hours.

I am wondering what his weaknesses are.

Feels like he is starting to be mentioned a lot the last 48 hours.
People seem to forget the body of work he’s put in as a junior. Was electric last year as an underager. All Australian, SA MVP. First 3 months of the year was sidelined with a fractured leg, came into the U18 champs with 2 weeks of training under his belt and still recorded a 21 disposal average. Has now come back to SANFL and has dominated league football. He gets disregarded as an accumulator when compared to VIC counterparts when in fact the difference is he really hasn’t played u18s football in quite a while. The one game he did play at the u18s level this year he had 31 and looked a cut above the rest. I don’t think you’ll find a player with a more decorated junior career than draper and he’s proving why he can’t be overlooked as we come to the pointy end of the season

Hi mate!! Just wondering if the Draft was today who you would have Fremantle taking with their picks.

Not his first league games. He played 3 last year as a 16 year old, recording a BOG performance with 21 disposals. He’s come out this year and has put another two BOG performances up. How he isn’t talked about in contention for no.1 is baffling considering the work he’s doing against men
He is my current number 1. However, you're spreading a ton of mayo on his SANFL performances last season. He didn't play seniors until he'd turned 17. His 21 disposal game was impressive, but definitely not BOG worthy to my mind, and his other performances were very quiet. Not that I'm knocking the kid.

He is my current number 1. However, you're spreading a ton of mayo on his SANFL performances last season. He didn't play seniors until he'd turned 17. His 21 disposal game was impressive, but definitely not BOG worthy to my mind, and his other performances were very quiet. Not that I'm knocking the kid.
Not much mayo, yeah two quiet games but he was the top vote getter in his 21 disposal game?

Sssshh

Sestan is 188cm but he plays smaller than his height.
Yeah if Petty goes it would completely change our draft hand but I dont really want to lose him. he's a very good defender.
No he doesn't lol

He's been playing as a big bodied inside mid who then rests up forward similar to how they use Petracca. They are trying to build his tank up and this was confirmed to me when I spoke to an assistant coach when they came up for a training Community camp in Victoria earlier this year.

When he's rested up forward he can certainly take some strong contested mark. Plays absolutely nothing like a small forward and even just watching the VFL game yesterday confirms this.

Would actually help if you actually paid attention to the team you support Danster. Very similar to the bizarre statement you made of Taj Woewodin not debuting last year when in fact he actually played 4 games.

No he doesn't lol

He's been playing as a big bodied inside mid who then rests up forward similar to how they use Petracca. They are trying to build his tank up and this was confirmed to me when I spoke to an assistant coach when they came up for a training Community camp in Victoria earlier this year.

When he's rested up forward he can certainly take some strong contested mark. Plays absolutely nothing like a small forward and even just watching the VFL game yesterday confirms this.

Would actually help if you actually paid attention to the team you support Danster. Very similar to the bizarre statement you made of Taj Woewodin not debuting last year when in fact he actually played 4 games.
Obviously he needs to work on his tank. No need to speak to an assistant coach to know this. You can tell in all of the time trials that he ran. But when I say that he plays smaller, I mean more like it surprised me that he is 188cm. He has short, stumpy legs and plays low to the ground. That doesn't mean he can't take contested marks.

Regarding Taj Woewodin, I knew he'd already played. It was just oversight when I listed a bunch of players. I knew he'd already played because I remembered his running goal near the boundary at the G. Tell me how I don't pay attention? I literally watch every game, and go to training in the off-season and watch plenty of Casey. I'd back my judgement well over yours.

They wouldn’t do it for this year given teams are running a business and effectively set themselves up last year for this year and would demand compensation if the afl changed the rules this year.
Some will be changed but none that would affect the pick swapping and points build up some teams have, that most likely will get changed, but it would come into effect for next year and the AFL would have to make sure all teams are advised before the silly season begins this year so they can arrange themselves, take stock and attack the trades and pick swaps with the knowledge of the new rule.
How much notice did they give clubs when they pushed NGA picking to after pick 30?

New Rankings - TOP 40

1. Sid Draper
  2. Josh Smillie
  3. Finn O'Sullivan
  4. Levi Aschroft
  5. Jagga Smith
  6. Harvey Langford
  7. Murphy Reid
  8. Leo Lombard
  9. Sam Lalor
  10. Harry Armstrong
  11. Luke Trainor
  12. Taj Hotton
  13. Tobie Travaglia
  14. Bo Allan
  15. Xavier Lindsay
  16. Alex Dodson
  17. Jack Whitlock
  18. Joe Berry
  19. Isaac Kako
  20. Hamish Davis
  21. Tom Gross
  22. Christian Moraes
  23. Sam Marshall
  24. Harry Oliver
  25. Jobe Shanahan
  26. Matt Whitlock
  27. Ben Camporeale
  28. Angus Clarke
  29. Jonty Faull
  30. Cooper Hynes
  31. Alix Tauru
  32. Tom Sims
  33. Harry O'Farrell
  34. Noah Mraz
  35. Kayle Gerreyn
  36. Jess Dattoli
  37. Adrian Cole
  38. Tyler Welsh
  39. Lucas Camporeale
  40. Clancy Dennis

Hi mate!! Just wondering if the Draft was today who you would have Fremantle taking with their picks.
Sorry for late reply, and hard to say.
I would be trading them for players to be honest.
But players they would be tracking in no particular order;
Sam Lalor, Harvey Langford, Luke Trainor, Harry Armstrong, Tobie Travaglia, Joe Berry, Bo Allan, Taj Hotton and maybe bidding for Isaac Kako.

New Rankings - TOP 40

1. Sid Draper
  2. Josh Smillie
  3. Finn O'Sullivan
  4. Levi Aschroft
  5. Jagga Smith
  6. Harvey Langford
  7. Murphy Reid
  8. Leo Lombard
  9. Sam Lalor
  10. Harry Armstrong
  11. Luke Trainor
  12. Taj Hotton
  13. Tobie Travaglia
  14. Bo Allan
  15. Xavier Lindsay
  16. Alex Dodson
  17. Jack Whitlock
  18. Joe Berry
  19. Isaac Kako
  20. Hamish Davis
  21. Tom Gross
  22. Christian Moraes
  23. Sam Marshall
  24. Harry Oliver
  25. Jobe Shanahan
  26. Matt Whitlock
  27. Ben Camporeale
  28. Angus Clarke
  29. Jonty Faull
  30. Cooper Hynes
  31. Alix Tauru
  32. Tom Sims
  33. Harry O'Farrell
  34. Noah Mraz
  35. Kayle Gerreyn
  36. Jess Dattoli
  37. Adrian Cole
  38. Tyler Welsh
  39. Lucas Camporeale
  40. Clancy Dennis
What are you looking to see from Jagga Smith for him to challenge the four guys above him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Dodson confirmed he is opting into the draft or will he pursue basketball?

What are you looking to see from Jagga Smith for him to challenge the four guys above him?
To be honest not much. There is no complete standout this year, they could all be grouped together and chosen in any order. I just like the different athletic attributes those named above him here have compared to Jagga and my favourite is Sid. I feel that those above him and Levi here on my list have a possibly higher ceiling over their career trajectories.

Still has not come out and said anything yet
Cheers, feels like it makes more sense to pursue basketball with the AFL always there as a fallback option via a cat B rookie spot, given how lucrative basketball can be.

POSITIONAL TOP FIVES

KPD
- Luke Trainor - Matt Whitlock - Alix Tauru - Harry O'Farrell - Noah Mraz
KPF - Harry Armstrong - Jack Whitlock - Jobe Shanahan - Jonty Faull - Tom Sims
MIDS - Sid Draper - Josh Smillie - Finn O'Sullivan - Levi Ashcroft - Jagga Smith
Gen DEF - Tobie Travaglia - Sam Marshall - Harry Oliver - Angus Clarke - Lachie Jaques
Gen FWD - Taj Hotton - Joe Berry - Isaac Kako - Jess Dattoli - Malakai Champion
RUCKS - Alex Dodson - Logan Smith - Floyd Burmeister - Evan Smith - Flynn Penry

Someone jumped in and answered but yes, my response would be the danger of freo or gws having a bid.
Would be ironic if we beat GWS is the first final, finish 1 place ahead of them, and them bidding on him literally one pick before us.

Would be ironic if we beat GWS is the first final, finish 1 place ahead of them, and them bidding on him literally one pick before us.
nathan fillion castle GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Watcher SMYTHE's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back