The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you imagine Burton being on the receiving end of one of Dunstall's sprays, oh how I love to dream :hearteyes:
Just one of Dunstall's glares of disapproval at Birdbrain would be great, when hes gathering some info and thinking "you actually ****ing did this? You run it this way?"

Doesn't really matter who they get to do the review unless things change.

Didn't Dunstall have a lot to do with Clarko getting hired at hawthorn?

Dunstall was why that happened.

It does matter though, because if you have a quality name who has been there and done it all with another club (like Dunstall) charing it, it makes ignoring any advice a very dangerous move.

It does matter though, because if you have a quality name who has been there and done it all with another club (like Dunstall) charing it, it makes ignoring any advice a very dangerous move.
Physically dangerous too

The fact Dunstall is involved gives me great hope, he cleaned up Hawthorn in a huge way back in the day. Now we wait and see how serious the club is but for all the Chapman knocking he did say when we found out the quality of the people doing the review we should be satisfied. I'm happy enough with the reviewers appointed I just hope they pull no punches and we get some meaningful change.

If you ignore the key recommendations of this committee, your name will be mud in the industry .....interesting that Dunstall requested Fagan sit in as an observer, I gather

If you ignore the key recommendations of this committee, your name will be mud in the industry .....interesting that Dunstall requested Fagan sit in as an observer, I gather

Probably a good call to have someone at the high end of the club involved as well (and Fagan would probably be the higher up with the most job security at the moment), gives more weight to make sure it occurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case it's paywalled

THE few people close to Jason Dunstall say he wouldnt have it any other way.
He may be aloof and even arrogant, but his devotion to Hawthorn Football Club is beyond question.

Not many people would immediately identify Dunstall as a pillar of the organisation
Most associate the man nicknamed “Chief” and “Piggy” with ape and fat jokes for his role on Fox Footy’s Yesterday’s Heroes segment with Danny Frawley.

They also know him as a commentator whose acid tongue belies a deep understanding of the game.

But Dunstall is far more than a vaudeville act.

He was a magnificent footballer, an all-time great, and according to former Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett, an equally great administrator.

“Jason is a very private individual and there is a public Jason Dunstall,” Kennett said.

Dunstall has been Hawthorn football director since 2004, the year he was interim chief executive, and is acknowledged for identifying Alastair Clarkson as the right coach for the club.

It was a defining period of transition for the Hawks after coach Peter Schwab was sacked late in the 2004 season.

A subcommittee that included Dunstall and Dermott Brereton had interviewed Gary Ayres, Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade for the coaching position.

History has it Brereton wanted Ayres, that Mark Harvey’s mobile phone number went missing and he missed out on an interview and, in the end, the search for an experienced coach was expanded to the search for the best coach.

Two minutes into Clarkson’s presentation, Dunstall was so impressed he basically announced the club had found its man.

Together, Dunstall and Clarkson have grown to be loyal friends, tenacious servants of the club, and the backbone of the football department.
Shouldn't be paywalled. I could read it.

Some great points on why Dunstall is a good chair for our review.

I am less sceptical now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, Dunstall, amazing. I'm stunned.

Pav, lol window dressing.

People quoting Pavs on field exploits is all you need to know why he shouldn't be on the panel.

No one has put forwards Jasons on field credentials, why is that?

Because they are not bloody relevant to conduct a review.

But one A+ and one C is pretty good for us.

Probably a good call to have someone at the high end of the club involved as well (and Fagan would probably be the higher up with the most job security at the moment), gives more weight to make sure it occurs.
Fagan has to understand, outside getting the report & a briefing ....what lead the committee to arrive at the conclusions .....makes it easy for Fagen to act on the report

Shouldn't be paywalled. I could read it.

Some great points on why Dunstall is a good chair for our review.

I am less sceptical now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Unusual ... The Australian is normally the most "paywalled" paper

How much do you reckon Brett Burton would be s**tting his pants right now? Dunstall won’t see through his crap.

What's the bet he's currently booking an overseas holiday at very short notice?

"Nah sorry guys I'm not going to be in phone range."

What's the bet he's currently booking an overseas holiday at very short notice?

"Nah sorry guys I'm not going to be in phone range."
Again Burton was horrible today at that interview .....might be smart, but if his communication skills are horrid, he can't do his current role !!!!

Wow, Dunstall, amazing. I'm stunned.

Pav, lol window dressing.

People quoting Pavs on field exploits is all you need to know why he shouldn't be on the panel.

No one has put forwards Jasons on field credentials, why is that?

Because they are not bloody relevant to conduct a review.

But one A+ and one C is pretty good for us.
Pav has to be one of the most respected names in the game. He's ideal to have on the panel.

just echoing the sentiments here. Dunstall is a guy that commands huge respect and he seems to be a no nonsense sort of person. Having Pavlich there as well means that you have 2 guys that have been in and around football for decades and both know what individual success looks like but also both were strong onfield leaders. Therefore I think that they are best placed to be able to pick out the fractures between the management and players and will have the reputation that to ignore their findings will be the club's peril. Now lets sit back and let them dig right through the workings of the club and wait for the recommendations

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back