The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair theyve always said the last two would be announced mid to late week.
If it is Pav, I suspect they'll focus more on the fact he was on the board of directors & President of the AFLPA, plus has completed an MBA.
I'm just looking forward to finding out who the other 2 people are now. Good news isn't often left to late Friday afternoon.
Still nothing? What a bunch of bloody amateurs
It will be news, whether its good or not depends on your mindset, some people are never happy remember, they enjoy a good whine
Given we all think it's a bit of a furphy and nothing will come of it, why would they care too much about it ??

I think they're **** scared these guys are gonna come for them.
How the fu** do you know that’s what it is? Jesus Christ... let it play out.

Amen
Jen
Amen !!!!!!

Pav has to be one of the most respected names in the game. He's ideal to have on the panel.

Respected player for sure, but president of a union, writing a book, mba out of a packet of cornflakes is meaningless.

Has he experience with or setting up a successful culture?

Has he been through or setup an external review?

Hey, we could of done a lot worse and it smacks of SA popularity type thing ( we all love you Pav) but in the end he will just be sitting there nodding to Jason anyway.

Last edited:

just echoing the sentiments here. Dunstall is a guy that commands huge respect and he seems to be a no nonsense sort of person. Having Pavlich there as well means that you have 2 guys that have been in and around football for decades and both know what individual success looks like but also both were strong onfield leaders. Therefore I think that they are best placed to be able to pick out the fractures between the management and players and will have the reputation that to ignore their findings will be the club's peril. Now lets sit back and let them dig right through the workings of the club and wait for the recommendations
Is Pavlich there more to focus on team harmony in the changerooms ......seems his AFLPA position would suggest that ....but also Sloane is the VP

Pav has to be one of the most respected names in the game. He's ideal to have on the panel.
Yeah but he is no Jason Dunstall...

I was underwhelmed with Pav. He could be a good operator, who knows. But he was a union man, as is Burton. So hard.to get excited.

Dunstall has been part of turning a club around that was close to merging and is now the most successful club of the post 2000 era. The fact he is involved and chairing it legitimizes it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will you ever know what he recommends?
Yes ...the key recommendations, excluding decisions on people, if it's unfavorable ....we'll just hear of certain people moving on as part of a re-structure / refresh of the place

The question now is whether we will implement anything Dunstall recommends.

That one is still up in the air
You would hope going to the effort of getting Dunstall involved we would.

He may have even made it a condition of him chairing it.

"Don't waste my time if the review is just a rubber stamp with minimal change, get a patsy for that".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Crows CEO Andrew Fagan will provide support to the panel as requested and directed by the Chair during the process that will examine all elements that impact on-field performance, including coaching, leadership, development, environment, high performance and list management."

Sounds like the club is very locked in to this being a review of on-field elements with no scope extending to management of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you may here bits and pieces, purely because of some outcomes, but unlikely you will here that much of the report
You'll hear key aspects ....but there's always respect for individuals in these reports, no matter which organization .....there will be no criscifixtions .....but wouldn't be great to see

r9lGQDK.gif

just echoing the sentiments here. Dunstall is a guy that commands huge respect and he seems to be a no nonsense sort of person. Having Pavlich there as well means that you have 2 guys that have been in and around football for decades and both know what individual success looks like but also both were strong onfield leaders. Therefore I think that they are best placed to be able to pick out the fractures between the management and players and will have the reputation that to ignore their findings will be the club's peril. Now lets sit back and let them dig right through the workings of the club and wait for the recommendations
Yes I don't know how good Pavlich is but the fact he's only recently retired is probably important so there is someone more in touch with the modern day game. Dunstall will be more important from the football operations in the upper management I'm quite sure.

I'm happy with Pav - we need someone who the younger players can comfortably discuss things with, I'd imagine Dunstall could be daunting.

"Crows CEO Andrew Fagan will provide support to the panel as requested and directed by the Chair during the process that will examine all elements that impact on-field performance, including coaching, leadership, development, environment, high performance and list management."

Sounds like the club is very locked in to this being a review of on-field elements with no scope extending to management of the club

This is a worry.

My hope was for a management consultant but I can’t quivel, Dunstall a quality appointment.

Took over as Director of Football in 2005 and presided over a clean out thst set the club up for over a decade.

His 9 years experience on the board at Hawks will be invaluable from both on and off field perspectives.

Not a professional head kicker - but a headkicker nonetheless.

He’ll do

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back