Autopsy Things we learnt against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Its good to see aliiir and naismith looking good

Richards was shit when the pace was up, ok as it slowed, i am sorry but he cant play as a forward long term, not with heeney to come back

Cant see it Grim

Edit: Can now
Yeah I hate how they squeeze in 2 pics into one tweet.

613S9iQ.png

Does anyone know who went onto Rodney Dangerfield after quarter time? Whoever it was did a good job.
7 said it was josh kennedy.

well done guys made a lot of coin off you guys 3.20 lel. also enjoyed seeing the cats fans melt

9 goals in 13 games is hardly having the knack.

Only kicked multiple goals in one game for us. Round 2 v Carlton he kicked 3.

6 goals in the other 13 games

Brilliant win against quality opposition at their home ground.
Rampe was Gold and Allir Allir is awesome
Hannebery needs to improve his disposal efficiency as his habit of turning it over is getting problematic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun midfield when they're on, helped by having a quality ruckman back in. Hope Naismith stays injury free as he is a bit prone. Loving our young players, don't worry about Mitchell, make sure the next contract goes to Beatson.

A confident and fit Rohan is a joy, Cats better keep their hands off him. AA is fast becoming one of my favourite players. Welcome back Paps, Teddy in the forward line helped straighten us up. Could do worse than him being LRT 2.0

Rose was a bit of a passenger, but I don't think he is far off it. He keeps trying hard all game, so can't fault him on that. Sinclair on the other hand is just poor.

Massive game on Thursday, we win if we bring tonight's intensity.

From game preview (written last Sunday night)
I'm actually quietly confident about this one if we bring our A grade contested footy game to the cattery. The Cats tend to crumble under sustained pressure. We can't let them play keepings off like they did when they destroyed the Bulldogs. If we can limit the effectiveness of either Dangerfield or Selwood (or both) and keep up our tackling intensity for four quarters we are a big chance in this game especially if the conditions are a bit slippery. And...... we'll need to go a bit taller this week i think.

Response from Cinderalla Man:
God luv ya!

Yes, Cinderella, there IS a god and he certainly loves me. At least I have faith in my team. Hope you enjoyed the gutsy win like I did. Jeez, I must be a genius, especially as the game panned out pretty much as I suggested. (We killed them around the packs). I believe in our players and coaching staff just like board members such as Superstar Swan, Like Parker No.1 and, especially Swansrule100 (and others). Well done for a show of faith lads! We were 30 seconds away from winning last week and some of the fairweather members of this bored thought we were "doomed" for a belting against the Cats. I always go into a game thinking we are half a chance at least.

Jack- Congartulations on your 200th Kieran and you played an important part in the win too.
Mills- a superb game. If he doesn't win the Rising Star award this week I'll take back what I said about God from my last paragraph.
Rampe- The Geelong supporters must have been sick of watching mop it up and rebound time and again.
Parker, Jack, Hannebury and Kennedy- killed them in the clearances and around the packs with their quick hands
Towers- another good game with 4 quarter involvement. The usual one or two clangers well and truly made up for with 2 goals.
Grundy and Smith solid down back again.
Allir, Hewett, Papley, Jones, Naismith all good contributors in different ways.
Rose was a little off tonight but still tackled well and got the ball out on occasions.
The 3rd quarter this week won us the game, unlike last week's 3rd quarter performance.
Geelong's score would have been absolutely pitiful without the 3 charity goals in the first half.

1. Rampe is an all australian or should be.
2. Aliir is a player. I actually think come finals time he will be in our best 22. With Talia on the sidelines, we actually have good KPD depth.
3. Mills.
4. Naismith can Ruck. He just needs to offer more around the ground.

Towers is improving at the contest and puts his body on the line. Finding alot more footy now but never in my years of playing and watching footy have i seen a player deliberately dispose of the ball, straight to the opposition as much as he does.

By that i mean, he has the ball, finds a target in his sights, looks at target and either kicks or handpasses to said target...only for the camera to pan to the destination of the ball.....straight to an opponent.

Really starting to frustrate...works hard...but lets himseld amd the team down consistantly

Towers is improving at the contest and puts his body on the line. Finding alot more footy now but never in my years of playing and watching footy have i seen a player deliberately dispose of the ball, straight to the opposition as much as he does.

By that i mean, he has the ball, finds a target in his sights, looks at target and either kicks or handpasses to said target...only for the camera to pan to the destination of the ball.....straight to an opponent.

Really starting to frustrate...works hard...but lets himseld amd the team down consistantly
Spot on, Tedeski? Bedford?

He doesn't deliberately dispose of the ball to the opposition. His disposal is poor at times.

It's hard for me to put into words how satisfying it is beating the Cats at Simonds when you're a Swans fan from Geelong, one of the best H&A games I've ever attended. There was also plenty of Cats fans who kept talking about Aliir and asking about him...he really impressed tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Things we learnt against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back