Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with this, wish he'd cut it out. Had a friend at a game recently mention how astounded he was to hear how harsh Marra was arguing with West about a mistake.

Yeah he gave West an absolute spray recently.
There's no doubt he makes good leads that aren't honoured, but he's in shocking form.
He's been poor all year.

Brendan Fevola used to engage in similar behaviour but he had the runs on the board. He was an absolute weapon when up and about . Richo too.

I don't like it when people call him lazy or uninterested, as my spider senses go tingly when it's often the indigenous boys who get called such adjectives . Gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself.

There's no doubt he makes good leads that aren't honoured, but he's in shocking form.
He's been poor all year.

Brendan Fevola used to engage in similar behaviour but he had the runs on the board. He was an absolute weapon when up and about . Richo too.

I don't like it when people call him lazy or uninterested, as my spider senses go tingly when it's often the indigenous boys who get called such adjectives . Gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself.
I suspect he tries hard and fitness might be a factor but look at his second efforts and defensive pressure compared to Naughton’s.

He’s just not very intense.

I’ve seen plenty of non-indigenous players called lazy or disinterested on this board before. Long bow to draw.

I didn’t see Marra whinge to his teammates, but I saw him drop 3 sitters and another gettable. He has absolutely no right to critique teammates when he is torching their great kicks to him because he is not concentrating enough. That’s all dropped chest marks are, lack of concentration.
Gave Cody a massive spray after he kicked it short on a shot on goal and then proceeded to **** up a mark himself about 30 seconds later

Something interesting to note, this data is from a couple of weeks ago, but on all metrics Gallagher is actually one of the best field kicks in the side and 34th afl wide. Would suggest these stats are deceiving (see number 4….)
View attachment 2033864
Caleb Daniel 24th worst kick this season is wild.

He's been poor all year.

Don’t bring his indigenous into this. It would be paternalistic not to criticise him because of his ethnicity. Any indigenous player would want to be treated like anyone else. Marra is stinking it up at the moment and has basically all year. Tim English is getting the same level criticism and both seemed deserved. We get some players aren’t as talented, fans will never take lack of interest or intent. And if he’s criticising teammates demonstrably too it’s not a good look. You seem to be accusing some on here of some seriously bad intentions because of your ‘spider sense’🤦🏻

This is such a shocking take. I saw Jamarra on several occasions standing flat-footed making no attempt to chase or apply pressure to opposition when the ball was in our offensive 50. You’re calling me racist for calling him out on that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The covert racism directed towards Jamarra on this forum is gross. Sure he was not his best today and he isn't the finished product but I don't think it justifies the vitriol on here from some posters.
He didn’t play his best, I’m not sure there was any racist subtext there in any posts I could see?

There are plenty of contexts where implicit or even explicit racism is an issue, not sure a forum where all of us desperately want all of the players to succeed (let alone a number 1 pick) is one of them.

If it’s there you should call it out, I know I will.

Jamarra was terrible today. His intensity is just not there.

Say it every week , but we can't keep carrying Gallagher if we're having a real ping at finals. Once we start playing better teams he'll get shown up more and more. I think he'll be a really good player, but he's just not ready yet. His inability to stick basic tackles is shocking.

Lobb in defence was great, and I liked Naughton up the ground.

Darcy was unlucky not to be paid a clear mark, and some arm chops/frontal contact I thought. The standard of umpiring today was very low - for both teams.

Caleb Daniel 24th worst kick this season is wild.
It is.

I wonder if it's because his instructions are to use his kicking skills and vision to clear the congestion and break opposition zones? That is, he may be routinely trying the high risk/high reward type kicks. If that's the case (I don't have any stats to say either way) then it's understandable his DE would be way down compared to someone who habitually does the easy chip kick sideways to a loose defender in the pocket.

Caleb looked pretty good in the VFL today. I don't know if it justifies a recall yet, and whether it would translate to the higher pace, higher intensity game at senior level but he's still got that vision.

The covert racism directed towards Jamarra on this forum is gross. Sure he was not his best today and he isn't the finished product but I don't think it justifies the vitriol on here from some posters.

Agree. How dare you all bag English for today as well and the crap that Vandermeer, Bramble, Lobb etc have got all year, you're all a bunch of racist bigots. Oh wait..

Jamarra was terrible today. His intensity is just not there.

Say it every week , but we can't keep carrying Gallagher if we're having a real ping at finals. Once we start playing better teams he'll get shown up more and more. I think he'll be a really good player, but he's just not ready yet. His inability to stick basic tackles is shocking.

Lobb in defence was great, and I liked Naughton up the ground.

Darcy was unlucky not to be paid a clear mark, and some arm chops/frontal contact I thought. The standard of umpiring today was very low - for both teams.
No reason Gallagher should be playing over someone like Garcia in the exact same role. Harmes too should be easily ahead of him next week.

Watching Lobb today in a new role has made me think why English has never been given that defender responsibility.
Given that English is a terrible tap ruckman, I wonder why Sweet, who is a genuine tap ruckman, was never the #1 ruck role and English went back as as a key defender.
Missed opportunity.

Watching Lobb today in a new role has made me think why English has never been given that defender responsibility.
Given that English is a terrible tap ruckman, I wonder why Sweet, who is a genuine tap ruckman, was never the #1 ruck role and English went back as as a key defender.
Missed opportunity.
Have you watched sweet play for port?? There is a reason he couldn’t get a game at the dogs (hint - he’s shite)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back