Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Will try and calm down a bit but that was just so poor across the ground. Don't think anyone can come away with a pass mark after that game , Heeney and Grundy maybe.
St Kilda played well and kicked straight but when the ball was there to be won we were second best and out marked across the ground so many times. And our kicking at goal was atrocious.
Only positive is that we are having this slump now instead of the finals and we still are top.

Let’s look at it this way, Carlton & Essendon lost too, and yet we are still two games ahead. What our team must learn to do is stop expecting lower ladder teams to be easy beats. The players know what to do, they are professional footballers. Longmire can’t play the game for them and if the players don’t know what to do by now to turn things around, then they don’t deserve to be out there. A number of our forwards appeared lethargic and a bit lazy. Goulden had an off day. Blakey had a rare bad day. Warner glimpses of brilliance, but too many times would try and be flash - It didn’t and was never going to work. And Logan had the opportunity to pass to a few free players but wanted to redeem himself for last week, don’t bother mate, you are putting too much pressure on yourself.

Full Credit to St.Kilda they wanted it more

In footy this is often what it comes down to, I'm not surprised by today's result at all. You can't be complacent against any team.

I wouldn't say the wheels are falling off though, we lost to St Kilda at Docklands and Richmond at the MCG in both 2005 and 2012, we'll find out soon enough what this team is made of...

Paps really let himself down with that shot
McLean had to get it in quicker, Heeney was in a clear advantage position in front of goal and McLean slowed the play for some reason…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amartey has kicked 1 goal in the last 3 since Adelaide. Needs to be more consistent than that.

I liked that McDonald took it upon himself to kick the goal. Wasn’t a bad kick unlike others.

Poor on front of goals and around the ground.

Just shows winning away from home isn’t easy.

Looking shabbier every week over last month… genuinely worried now as looking more and more like 2023 Swans rather than the dominant side we were for first half of year.

Wish Logan looked for options when he marked at 1 min mark ..or even played on. Suppose he wanted to exorcise demons of last week..now he has double demons

Losing confidence in how we react in high pressure high importance moments late in game. We looked scared & panicky. Not finals worthy right now.

Smash the glass on the ‘in case of emergency - bring on Mills and Parker’ button!

I like that Logan took the responsibility, but there was nothing about how he has been kicking for goal lately that gave me any confidence.

If Papley kicks the easier shot Logan doesn't need his, he did everything right today for his, almost nailed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back