List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with all of this, love so much about Lalor. But is he too similar to Harley? Draper adds such a different type of mid.

Then Hewett if he can get himself right (praying) he's got the perfect blend of contested and outside game.
The reason why Dyson Sharps work so well is he's a defensive beast. From snippets Lalor isn't a defensive slouch (I could be wrong)

That's not an issue because Yeo is also similar to Harley Reid.

In an Ideal scenario we would have-
1. Dyson Sharp (Defensive beast who is brilliant on inside)
2. Harley Reid (Attacking beast)
3. Sid Draper (Outside outlet)

Players like Dyson Sharp and Lalor don't come around often. So pull the trigger.

Also while Lalor is temu Sharp. A temu Sharp is better then no Sharp. Since at the end of the day we need an elite inside player to really exploit Harley Reid getting tagged

However like I mentioned 100 times. I still would pick Sid Draper over everyone if given the chance

Last edited:

The reason why Dyson Sharps work so well is he's a defensive beast. From snippets Lalor isn't a defensive slouch

Players like Dyson Sharp and Lalor don't come around often. So pull the trigger.

Also while Lalor is temu Sharp. A temu Sharp is better then no Sharp. Since at the end of the day we need an elite inside player to really exploit Harley Reid getting tagged

However like I mentioned 100 times. I still would pick Sid Draper over everyone if given the chance

I want Draper for this reason. It's exactly how I see it too.

I am not to say this will eventuate but if we're able to somehow get that while still working Ginbey, Hewett and Chesser in and out the middle. Bloody beautiful mate!

It has to be said, I think there is Oliver Greeves or Duursma in 2025 cohort that has some fans too and rated just as highly as Sharp. Other posters probably could speak on this?

Edit: If we finish poorly again, I would be asking for PP to go along with our R1.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason why Dyson Sharps work so well is he's a defensive beast. From snippets Lalor isn't a defensive slouch

I don't know what defensive beast truly is but if its tackling and grunt work on the inside its only one side of the coin .

Priddis has/had ? The tackling record was he a defensive beast ?

But he was also a witches hat on the spread and in transition.

Harley is a terrible defensive runner and I suspect Lalor is also. They burn their petrol tickets in offensive and have no tank the other way .

Sid draiper is a good tackler but a fantastic 2 way runner . He is perfect for our team . His team mate Kade Herbert is a fantastic hard running winger who can also lay a mean tackle .

Get these 2 and I'm happy .

View attachment 2092975

Saw this on the Richmond board screen grabbed from Footy Classified. I'll legit spew if we give up a pick in the teens for Baker...no bloody shot.
If Richmond players are worth that much, they should have been top 4 this year, not wooden spooners

Have read suggestions that the Tigers will target our pick to get FOS and Jagga together, doesn’t sound like North are keen on Jagga. Wonder if we’d slide down to GC’s pick at 6 (for Rioli)? Would probably get 1 of the picks they get for Bolton/Baker on top?

If Fremantle went all in and got Baker, Bolton?

Pick 3 for 6, 17 & 41? Or 6 & 11?

Richmond #1 - FOS
Brisbane #2 - Ashcroft
North #3 Smilie/ Trainor
Richmond #4 - Smith
Adelaide #5 - Draper
Melbourne #6 - Langford
West Coast #7 - Lalor/ Reid?

Edit: Forgot North exist.

Last edited:
im doubling down on jack wooden for a rookie spot
Max Rhor has West Coast rookie written all over him. Super athletic tall who can be drafted as a development KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back