List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sides looking to win a flag in the next two years would jump at Dal Santo, even if he is passed his best. If you can get him in a side with a couple of really good inside mids to get it out to him he would still be an asset to some sides.
Dal Santo & our Rd 2 pick for Bomber Gumbleton & their Rd 1 pick..;)
Dal Santo & our Rd 2 pick for Roo Hansen & their Rd 1 pick..;)

Dal Santo & our Rd 2 pick for Bomber Gumbleton & their Rd 1 pick..;)
Dal Santo & our Rd 2 pick for Roo Hansen & their Rd 1 pick..;)

Dal would be perfect at the Roos or the Bombers as an outside mid..
We pick up a KP player & another pick in the 10-16 range, for trading Dal & pick 23-26..!

On current form, Dal wouldn't be missed..

I'd rather see Raph Clarke back in a Saints Guernsey before seeing Lachie Hansen in one, Just because he was a high draft selection doesn't mean he is any good. He is crap, Has few good performances a year but is useless.

This is just my opinion, I don't rate him at all. Many North supporters even admit how crap he is.

Good post
CJ and Ray suffer because of their kicking and the need for good disposal hurts. I don't think he has suffered under Watters at all - he was always in and out of the team with Lyon.
I actually blame Laidley - he has full reign over the game plan and I don't like it. PErhaps it is reactionary to our lack of skill and with more skilfull players coming in then we will move to game plan that is actually up the middle and not down the flanks.
Laidley is over-rated, & has always been over-rated..Leigh Tudor should be poached as an assistant next year..! Was expecting big things from guys like Armo, Dal, Saad & others this year, but some have stagnated & others backwards..

I'm not sure why some people have such a fascination with Gumbleton?

We currently have all of Lee, White, Siposs, Stanley, and Hickey/McEvoy, that can play as our tall forwards. It's simply not a pressing issue.

Genuine A grade quality in the midfield, and good KPD's are.

In terms of midfielders, look at what we had whilst at our peak in 09/10: Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Goddard. That's 4 genuine gun midfielders. With all due respect to our current crop, there's only one of our midfielders who we could say is at least a slightly decent chance of reaching that level, and that's Steven; even then, it's a long shot. Everyone else is either too young to pass judgement, or will only reach a 'very good' level. The more high-quality kids we bring in, the greater the chance we have of unearthing the next core of elite midfielders, which goes without saying, are extremely vital to any flag tilt.

I'd rather see Raph Clarke back in a Saints Guernsey before seeing Lachie Hansen in one, Just because he was a high draft selection doesn't mean he is any good. He is crap, Has few good performances a year but is useless.

This is just my opinion, I don't rate him at all. Many North supporters even admit how crap he is.
You should watch more footy because he was v good last fri night, & played well the week before..
Is playing his best footy at CHB & is finally reflecting his high draft pick..!!
We have a huge gap on our list, of players aged between 22-26 & i can't see rejects like Shepheard from the VFL as a solution..

We currently have all of Lee, White, Siposs, Stanley, and Hickey/McEvoy, that can play as our tall forwards. It's simply not a pressing issue.

At this point in time the only tall (KPF) out of the above mentioned, I've got confidence in, is Spencer..
Siposs is strictly a third tall, whilst Rhys is being groomed as a CHB.. Lee is unproven, Hickey & Macca, have yet to display any forward nous & are considered for now as ruckman..
I just keep looking in to the crystal ball & see a lack of genuine quality talls who can be a matchwinner on our list as a forward..

Spencer is our one certainty..

With Saad, Curran, Milera, TDL, Maister, Dunell and Lee already on the list, I'm a bit dubious about taking on more and more state league players, not without letting others go.

Other VFL backs like Pederson, and Hartigan have hardly cemented their positions for the future.

As for Gumbleton, with the amount of footy he's missed over the years I'm not surprised he doesn't immediately set the world on fire. But I can see a spot for 1.97m 97kg forward who can waltz in and kick four against us.

I've seen a spot for one ever since Gehrig left.

At this point in time the only tall (KPF) out of the above mentioned, I've got confidence in, is Spencer..
Siposs is strictly a third tall, whilst Rhys is being groomed as a CHB.. Lee is unproven, Hickey & Macca, have yet to display any forward nous & are considered for now as ruckman..
I just keep looking in to the crystal ball & see a lack of genuine quality talls who can be a matchwinner on our list as a forward..

Spencer is our one certainty..
How is Spencer White a certainty? He is yet to play an AFL game.
If we need proven "key forwards" why go after Gumby? He hasn't really proven himself.

We must look to fill that vacuum of 23-27 yr olds..
I'm open to any suggestion at this stage, keep in mind the following players over 30 next year..
Dempster, Roo, Milne, Joey, Dal & Chips..Lenny, Schneider, Koz & CJ didn't play..That's a qtr of our list..
Then we have around 20-24 players aged 22 or under, with only 9 or 10 players falling into the important 23-27 age bracket..

How is Spencer White a certainty? He is yet to play an AFL game.
If we need proven "key forwards" why go after Gumby? He hasn't really proven himself.
Spence is no certainty, but he's the one who can "potentially" be the one..
I'm looking at a more mature player who can instantly have an immediate impact..
Other than Gumby who else could be a target..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you on nearly all except Gwilt and Dempster who I think would attract something and Joey still has cache (at least as much as Dal).
I rate Joey as much as Roo and Lenny, in that he can call his own shots! His transformation from 2nd tagger to AA-ish form midfielder this year has been unbelievable really. He is a keeper

I rate Joey as much as Roo and Lenny, in that he can call his own shots! His transformation from 2nd tagger to AA-ish form midfielder this year has been unbelievable really. He is a keeper
Agreed, he's been far and away our most consistent midfielder this year, wouldn't think about trading him for a second.

Agreed, he's been far and away our most consistent midfielder this year, wouldn't think about trading him for a second.
Joey Montagna is untouchable, but Dal's form is a worry.. In my books he's vulnerable & will have to turn his form around fairly quickly or we might even shop him around..
Would have to be a win-win trade for all parties, & i wouldn't be at all surprised if their are interested clubs come the end of the season..

Spence is no certainty, but he's the one who can "potentially" be the one..
I'm looking at a more mature player who can instantly have an immediate impact..
Other than Gumby who else could be a target..?
I think that would be about the last thing we'd be needing at this point.

For starters, we have Nick Whatshisname who is likely to be playing FF or CHF for the next couple of seasons and we are wanting to get games into Hickey, so that is most likely two of the 3 spots and from next year we'll be well and truly expecting Lee to be ready (if he's not in there within a few weeks, if he gets some consecutive games under his belt at last) and by then you can bet that we'll be wanting to start getting some games into that Spencer bloke you speak of, not to mention that we also have Beau and even Rhys. So I just don't see someone like Gumbleton coming onto our radar at all, as much as it would be handy to have someone like that at FF right now.

Don't forget that when Watters was asked on radio (SEN) recently whether we would be having a crack at Buddy, that his answer was an emphatic and immediate "no" and that the reason he gave was not that he would cost too much, but that we had White and Lee on the list and were really happy with them/expecting big things from them going forward and as such had no particular need to bolster our key forward stocks and would instead be looking to find someone for a key back position and midfield.

They are by far and away our biggest needs as things stand right now.

I like the Gumby angle, had the same chat with a current player/mate via text Saturday although his reliability worries me too much to pull the trigger if it came to it. I'd be picking someone from Gold Coast who is 4th tall in line and frustrated and homesick.
Dogs are crying out for Boyd, game set and match he goes there, superstar of the future and a great character kid.
It's a good year to be falling away, the last 2 years have been r*ped by the expansions whilst this years top 6-8 are the best since Judd and co but after that it's slim pickings.

We don't have anyone who can stand and take a contested mark of a ball coming into the 50.
If we went after someone like that we would pretty much have to completely undo our trading and drafting strategy of last year though, which saw us invest rather heavily to get Hickey, Lee and White. We've made our bed and we'll probably be lying in it for the time being, with FB/CHB and midfield being greater needs right now (especially with Armo still only averaging 20 possies per game this year :()

Kosi has better turning circle and is quicker and better st ground level then bloody Gumbleton. He's hopeless.

It's pretty sad that we have nothing to show for our time at the top of the tree and all we can do is pick at the carcass to try and salvage something . Who would have thought 3 years ago we would fall so fast and would be talking of trading these guys. If not for the bounce of a ball they would be heroes. Sad stuff

We have invested heavily in Lee and White and the way Roo is going he's still going to be a focal point for a couple more years so I think we are more likely to go after quality mids and key backmen before we go chasing tall forwards come trade time. I think we are better off drafting another young key forward, groom him for a couple of years while Lee and White start to come good and Roo gets ready for retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back