List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may just have to adjust the game plan a bit for the fact that we don't have that Kosi/Gumby type target any more and look to hit-up targets more going forward, rather than the long bomb that we have been able to employ while we had Kosi playing decent footy.

Big Boy doesn't seem to spend a lot of time up forward for someone with a great set of hands. Seems strange when we have two ruckmen playing.

Can anyone who watches the VFL tell me anything about this bloke?

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/ryan-bathie

The former NBL and US college basketballer has played four NAB Cup games and has spent the rest of his time at the club learning the ropes as a key defender in the VFL. An athletic big man, he has played 37 VFL games for the Cats over two seasons. Despite showing much promise, he remains a speculative prospect.

He's a bloody great size at 198cm and 102kgs. I gather from the bio he'd be bloody MILES away, so this is just for interests sake..

not the time to be picking blokes from behind a tree, just need to draft best available, sign a free agent or two and draft a Chris Cain and the like from the state leagues with our later picks for that mid range gap filler.
Oh, and convince the young GWS and GC players they need to come to the magnificent Peninsula.

I like the Gumby angle, had the same chat with a current player/mate via text Saturday although his reliability worries me too much to pull the trigger if it came to it. I'd be picking someone from Gold Coast who is 4th tall in line and frustrated and homesick.
Dogs are crying out for Boyd, game set and match he goes there, superstar of the future and a great character kid.
It's a good year to be falling away, the last 2 years have been r*ped by the expansions whilst this years top 6-8 are the best since Judd and co but after that it's slim pickings.

It's pretty sad that we have nothing to show for our time at the top of the tree and all we can do is pick at the carcass to try and salvage something . Who would have thought 3 years ago we would fall so fast and would be talking of trading these guys. If not for the bounce of a ball they would be heroes. Sad stuff

That was then, this is now..Once again having been a member for 36 years, takes it toll on supporting the Saints..Frustration has crept in & after last night's insipid performance I'm really concerned that our list is only superior to the Dees & the Doggies..If we're not pro-active this year, through some savvy trading/drafting it could be another five years before we see finals action..If the draft falls away after the top 15 or so picks, trading for players has some merit..

One look at the Premiers of last year tells the tale..
Josh Kennedy, Ted Richards, Mitch Morton, Rhyce Shaw, Shane Mumford,& Ben McGlynn would have been in the 22 if not for his hammy. That's a quarter of a premiership side..

not the time to be picking blokes from behind a tree, just need to draft best available, sign a free agent or two and draft a Chris Cain and the like from the state leagues with our later picks for that mid range gap filler.
Oh, and convince the young GWS and GC players they need to come to the magnificent Peninsula.
Who is the Gold Coast forward who's homesick Brizza?

Not picking him, as I said, he'd be MILES away. Just curious. I'm trawling each team's site (I'm bored) for big blokes, and he sounds interesting is all

Not many decent free agents available

The FA i'd offer a 3 yr contract would be Beau Waters, if he can give you 20 games a season that would be money very well spent..! May not hold down a KD post, but his courage & toughness would be welcomed at St.Kilda..Since Bakes, GTrain & Hamill have retired, it's noticeable the lack of a few hard nuts running around for us..

The squeeze will be on GWS and GCS, but having a look at their lists, the really genuine talls are either fresh draftees and seriously underweight, or forwards which are not our highest priority next draft/trade period. They'll lock away the really good ones anyway.

Is there a list of restricted and full FAs anywhere? I'm feeling laz

The FA i'd offer a 3 yr contract would be Beau Waters, if he can give you 20 games a season that would be money very well spent..! May not hold down a KD post, but his courage & toughness would be welcomed at St.Kilda..Since Bakes, GTrain & Hamill have retired, it's noticeable the lack of a few hard nuts running around for us..
Re-signed not long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Mitch Brown be a Saint next year?

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-04-15/brown-finds-confidence
WEST Coast defender Mitch Brown says he wants to remain an Eagle despite requesting a trade to St Kilda during the off-season."I can see myself playing for West Coast in the future," Brown said.
"We have to weigh it up at the end of the year. I do love this club and I can see myself wearing the Eagles jumper."

Paper talk or breathing a sigh of relief he didn't come? The price for him was waaay too high IMO then, and if he gets a few games this year it will only go up...

It's pretty sad that we have nothing to show for our time at the top of the tree and all we can do is pick at the carcass to try and salvage something . Who would have thought 3 years ago we would fall so fast and would be talking of trading these guys. If not for the bounce of a ball they would be heroes. Sad stuff

Nothing to show? Hardly. What a great decade we have had, with such success over the last few years. So many great games, highlights setting the heart and imagination racing. Getting the opportunity to go to three Grand Finals, whilst not making it, you have to be there to get that chance of a flag.

Look back at the players, we have had the privilege of watching playing for the Saints, over these years. Some of these will listed amongst our greatest ever. As someone who has barracked for the Saints through years and years (decades) of being cellar dwellers, these were glorious years.

It is easy to be caught up with the fact that we are not up in the top four, where we rightfully deserve to be, but the biggest change at the Saints now, is that this time, it won't be twenty years until we are back again. You can already see the youth coming through. Give us another couple of drafts, lots more games into our youth and more glory years ahead.

The biggest thing that we have gained from those years, is the change of culture in the club, to a much more professional organisation, that has excellence at its core. I am proud of our time at the top and excited at the prospect of the next group of young Saints coming through.

Kosi has better turning circle and is quicker and better st ground level then bloody Gumbleton. He's hopeless.
Who kicked those four goals against us wearing the No 3 jumper for the Bombers..
I wouldn't expect the club to give too much, & our priority is to nab one, if not two ready made KD's.
Another inside mid is a must, & maybe then you might look at a Gumby..Keep in mind it's all hypothetical & any successful trade is based on what you have to give up, to gain..

Another inside mid is a must...

Curren is one, but for God's sake, one is right under our noses...

From http://truezebras.net/2012/12/18/adam-cockie/
Height (cm): 182cm
Weight (kg): 85kg
A super quick midfielder, Adam is hard at the football and has an outstanding work ethic. He is a smart player with good all round ball winning ability, and is a ferocious hard hitting tackler. He has good skills on both side of his body.
Cockie made his senior football debut for Subiaco in the WAFL in the opening round of the 2008 and went on to play in every game, including their third successive grand final victory. He also represented Western Australia against Queensland in Townsville in June.
He was drafted by West Coast with the Selection 18 in the 2009 AFL Rookie Draft, and was soon elevated from the rookie list to make his debut against Fremantle in Round 6, 2009.He played four games before being demoted back to the rookie list.
Cockie was de-listed at the end of the 2010 season. He spent the 2011 season playing for his former team, Subiaco, in the WAFL, before moving to Victoria play for Sandringham in 2012
In 2012 Cockie averaged 20.21 disposals, 2.95 marks & 7.63 tackles a game. He came 2nd in Sandringham’s Best and Fairest.

Unless there's something I'm missing...

Re Cockie, the first four words I strongly disagree with, hence why he isn't on an AFL list. Average skills, a little lazy, a good VFL player and no more, as I have consistently said for the last 15 months. It seems 18 recruiters out there agree with me.
Sorry Shaun......

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-04-15/brown-finds-confidence

Paper talk or breathing a sigh of relief he didn't come? The price for him was waaay too high IMO then, and if he gets a few games this year it will only go up...

You're hardly going to say your not playing at the club your at next year though. He didn't say he would definitely be at WC and he hasn't signed. I'm sure BJ was saying similar stuff last year. I do agree though with last years price, very glad we didn't get him. What would we lose if we picked him up in FA this year? A third round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back