List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was dropped the same week after he was put in front of the media, the smarter move for him is tog o back to Vic you would think.
Sounds like his mum might play a factor in his decision, She was desperate for him to get the trade back to Victoria last year. Forget who mentioned it but was on Friday night football i think few weeks ago

Re Cockie, the first four words I strongly disagree with, hence why he isn't on an AFL list. Average skills, a little lazy, a good VFL player and no more, as I have consistently said for the last 15 months. It seems 18 recruiters out there agree with me.
Sorry Shaun......
When we're crying out for a mature inside midfielder, are his deficiencies bad enough to preclude him from being of use to us, even in the short term?

The squeeze will be on GWS and GCS, but having a look at their lists, the really genuine talls are either fresh draftees and seriously underweight, or forwards which are not our highest priority next draft/trade period. They'll lock away the really good ones anyway.

Is there a list of restricted and full FAs anywhere? I'm feeling laz
Sweet f..k all available, that's why i persist at looking at other club's list & seeing what might be worth a crack..If you don't have too give up too much, & it's a win-win, we should entertain any potential trade..BUT first we must stitch up M.Brown..!!

You're hardly going to say your not playing at the club your at next year though. He didn't say he would definitely be at WC and he hasn't signed. I'm sure BJ was saying similar stuff last year. I do agree though with last years price, very glad we didn't get him. What would we lose if we picked him up in FA this year? A third round pick?
Brown isn't a Free Agent, he's uncontracted. To get him, we either trade, or try to sneak him thru the PSD...with a $1,000,000 price tag for year 1

Re Cockie, the first four words I strongly disagree with, hence why he isn't on an AFL list. Average skills, a little lazy, a good VFL player and no more, as I have consistently said for the last 15 months. It seems 18 recruiters out there agree with me.
Sorry Shaun......

Fair enough, I can't really write that on Player Profile that club used though! ;) those profiles were on old Sandy website before they updated it all. Need to "talk" players up.

To an extent i do agree with you, reckonCockie is a lot like James Magner, you know he's going give 110% every week and get you 20+ disposals and heap tackles.

Could he take next step? Well I'd say he'd have more chance then few on our list and quite few on other AFL lists. He probably isn't right player for us, club like Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Dogs that need some mature aged big bodies mids to "protect" their young mids.

Nothing to show? Hardly. What a great decade we have had, with such success over the last few years. So many great games, highlights setting the heart and imagination racing. Getting the opportunity to go to three Grand Finals, whilst not making it, you have to be there to get that chance of a flag.

Look back at the players, we have had the privilege of watching playing for the Saints, over these years. Some of these will listed amongst our greatest ever. As someone who has barracked for the Saints through years and years (decades) of being cellar dwellers, these were glorious years.

It is easy to be caught up with the fact that we are not up in the top four, where we rightfully deserve to be, but the biggest change at the Saints now, is that this time, it won't be twenty years until we are back again. You can already see the youth coming through. Give us another couple of drafts, lots more games into our youth and more glory years ahead.

The biggest thing that we have gained from those years, is the change of culture in the club, to a much more professional organisation, that has excellence at its core. I am proud of our time at the top and excited at the prospect of the next group of young Saints coming through.
I agree with those comments but 2nd is not first .

You can have a successful era, without reaching the ultimate success. For example, over the last 10 years, we have been the most successful club in the competition...10 years of "winning" seasons in a row

When we're crying out for a mature inside midfielder, are his deficiencies bad enough to preclude him from being of use to us, even in the short term?

If we are crying out so loudly, you'd think we'd try out Ledger and Curran.
While we are crying out small forwards are being selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Shaun......

not sure i agree with that assessment entirely, although the first four words were badly written. cockies strength is his power and ability to quickly gather speed and momentum in tight. but you are right outside of the contest he is not quick and lacks endurance

he would be a worthwhile rookie IMO, someone who i would use as insurance for an ageing hayes in his last year and incase dal/monty get injured

If we are crying out so loudly, you'd think we'd try out Ledger and Curran.
While we are crying out small forwards are being selected.
You see it... I see it....

Curren and Ledger would both get a game this week if it were me. Armo maybe needs a spell and Dal needs a rocket up the arse.

Maybe Saint Sational is a better place for you?
Lurked for years. Joined last year. Started my exodus this year. Painful place. Still post there too often.

Anyway... We digress...

Maybe Saint Sational is a better place for you?
Never been on saintsational not sure what that comment Even means . I was at 2009 gf and in no way did I feel like saying gee that was still a successful season . We did not win . While I am proud of what we did we came second. I love the saints but a flag is all that will complete my st kilda journey.

Wow that's lovely . Thought we played for flags. It got soft in here

Of course we play for flags and premierships, but simple maths, tell even the most challenged amongst us, that with 18 teams these are incredibly hard to win. If you judge success by only achieving the ultimate prize, you do miss out on so many highlights, both in footy and life.

But hell lets beat our chests and bemoan the fact that things are terrible and we are doomed. If that sort of thing interests you, you should, if you don't already, spend some time reading through the Melbourne forum.

Of course we play for flags and premierships, but simple maths, tell even the most challenged amongst us, that with 18 teams these are incredibly hard to win. If you judge success by only achieving the ultimate prize, you do miss out on so many highlights, both in footy and life.

But hell lets beat our chests and bemoan the fact that things are terrible and we are doomed. If that sort of thing interests you, you should, if you don't already, spend some time reading through the Melbourne forum.

Well if we finish 15 th hopefully at least the boys have fun and try their best. That's all that matters hey. .. Hippy

Well if we finish 15 th hopefully at least the boys have fun and try their best. That's all that matters hey. .. Hippy

Hippy? Ha ha now thats laughable. Run a national business with staff in all states. What is your claim to fame?

Saints forum is for discussing Saints matters, not for cheap, childish shots at other posters. Head to Bay 13, or elsewhere, if that is your interest. If you want to share opinions, give your viewpoint, interact with others, excellent and welcome. If not, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Hippy? Ha ha now thats laughable. Run a national business with staff in all states. What is your claim to fame?

Saints forum is for discussing Saints matters, not for cheap, childish shots at other posters. Head to Bay 13, or elsewhere, if that is your interest. If you want to share opinions, give your viewpoint, interact with others, excellent and welcome. If not, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's a football forum not a personal big note yourself forum. I don't need a claim to fame. My reason for being here is because I go for st kilda. I'm done with you.

It's a football forum not a personal big note yourself forum. I don't need a claim to fame. My reason for being here is because I go for st kilda. I'm done with you.

Bye. Careful with that door

Seeing that the back line are holding up fairly well, maybe instead of a monster backman we should chase a monster forward to help Roo out. Any mature age players from VFL or interstate teams that fit the bill?

Saintsational is the place for you mate. You'll enjoy it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back