List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose Armo, go for Crouch. The numbers that kid put up in the TAC Cup are insane. A genuine extractor who will thrive in a contested environment, just surround him with some classy outside players and he could be a difference maker. I think it is quite convenient that both Aish and Kelly ooze class.
I'm thinking go for him either way. What are his foot skills like?

I'm thinking go for him either way. What are his foot skills like?
Matt Crouch, North Ballarat Rebels
181cm 80kg
Comparison: Matthew Boyd
Crouch is a top-notch inside midfielder who excels at winning the hard ball. He is exceptionally tough and has an outstanding work ethic. Crouch, the brother of Adelaide's Brad, represented Vic Country at the U18 Championship despite having a broken hand. Crouch is a player that will go about his business without fuss for all four quarters. He is a leader at the North Ballarat Rebels, Crouch's character is shown in the way he plays. Like Bulldog Matthew Boyd, Crouch is a master of winning clearances around the ground, he is a true blue-collar worker. The defensive pressure that he applies is also very beneficial to his team. Unfortunately for Crouch, like Boyd he can often struggle with his kicking. Crouch's kicking must improve if he is to become a top tier player in the league.

^From my mock. He needs to be a handpasser, like Armo he struggle by foot.

In case you didn't notice we already had space to burn and have just retired Kosi, Milne and Blake. Cap space we have, suitable draft picks to trade, you possibly don't.

You're not exactly flush with cash though. Dals contract is easily money you can be pumping into your football department etc to expedite the development of your youngsters.

If we lose Armo, go for Crouch. The numbers that kid put up in the TAC Cup are insane. A genuine extractor who will thrive in a contested environment, just surround him with some classy outside players and he could be a difference maker. I think it is quite convenient that both Aish and Kelly ooze class.
Armo lost me slightly when he was about to board a plane with Martin & Fisher for their "holiday"..
You don't keep a low profile hanging out with Martin & Chips.
Crouch, Kelly & Bruce for pick 3, Chips & Armo is a no brainer..
That's 2 definete stars in the making & Bruce with a heap of upside as a future KD..!

Armo lost me slightly when he was about to board a plane with Martin & Fisher for their "holiday"..
You don't keep a low profile hanging out with Martin & Chips.
Crouch, Kelly & Bruce for pick 3, Chips & Armo is a no brainer..
That's 2 definete stars in the making & Bruce with a heap of upside as a future KD..!

I think definite is a bit too much, but there is definitely star potential there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not exactly flush with cash though. Dals contract is easily money you can be pumping into your football department etc to expedite the development of your youngsters.

Salary cap has a minimum expenditure, as well as maximum, of something like 95% so you cant just go short a player or two and dump the funds elsewhere.

Don't think that's how it works buddy

I feel as though it might. Money is money. As long as you're paying your minimum cap amount you're not obliged to pay any more and then you can use your cash for something else. We haven't paid 100% of the cap for the past few years for the very same reason. We don't have much money so we pay the minimum, and pump the rest into football department expenditure etc.
Correct me if I've misunderstood how money works.

Sorry I've been at work but has Terry "the dream list maker" Wallace taken any pot shots at us this time? :rolleyes:

Hah!
Would it matter what the god of all drafting Terry.........Tambling............Wallace said?o_O

No love on this forum for Armitage despite consecutive top 10 b&f finishes and a contract until 2016 !!!
No love for Dustin Martin from 17 clubs, & i'm aware he's a bloody good footballer..
But fair dinkum if you've got half a brain, go on a bender with some low profile boys not Martin & Chips..!!
Armo's a good, solid player who gives nothing less than 110% on field, but is 26 next year..

Viv Michie get's a mention with the Saints..

ST KILDAThe Saints are open for business.
They are rebuilding and could shed several longtime servants in exchange for younger talent or high draft picks.
They have also signalled they would be willing to part with their first-round pick – No. 3 – but only if they receive an extraordinary offer.
Veteran midfielders Nick Dal Santo and Leigh Montagna could be up for trade, along with defender Sam Fisher.
They desperately need key defenders, and unsuccessfully tried to get Collingwood back man Nathan Brown, after failing to lure his brother Mitch from West Coast last year.
Giants backman Josh Bruce is enthusiastic about a future with the Saints, while North Melbourne defender Luke Delaney is also on the radar. Fremantle midfielder Viv Michie might also come into calculations.
Last year St Kilda lost restricted free agent Brendon Goddard to Essendon. As compensation it received pick 13, which it wrapped up with picks 37 and 57 to get Gold Coast ruckman Tom Hickey and picks 24 (Nathan Wright) and 47.
The Saints also picked up Claremont forward Tom Lee, who was pre-listed by the Giants, and picks 25 and 46 in exchange for its first selection at No. 12; along with Swans speedster Trent Dennis-Lane for pick 47; ex-Eagle Jamie Cripps and pick 46 for selections 41 and 44; and former Dockers free agent Dylan Roberton. - BC

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-30/trade-preview-what-moves-could-your-club-make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back