List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we upgrade TC...do we only have Minchi & Shenton as rookies? Do we then have a rookie spot open?
Holmes is International, Ferg is scholarship?
Yep. If TC is elevated and Staley has already been delisted so we have two rookies selections along with Minch and Shenton.

Ferguson needs to be elevated or delisted though but doesn't count as a rookie as you have said

If we upgrade TC...do we only have Minchi & Shenton as rookies? Do we then have a rookie spot open?
Holmes is International, Ferg is scholarship?
Four list spots, upgrading Curren and delisting Staley leaves two open. Ferguson I think is at the end of the maximum three years on the rookie list so we have to upgrade or delist.

hmmmm...i'd probably delist Ferg (harsh as it sounds). You's assume Bruce, Delaney, Roberton & Simpkin are ahead of him.

Maybe rookie the WA kid that Defacto likes...rookie another key back like Sully/Tippet

Rookie cockie

Personally I would clean out the Rookie list save for Minch and fill it with kids and a State League KPD. Shenton and Ferg are not up to it IMO and regardless - they can't be on the rookie list any longer and there is nowhere for them to be upgraded.

Tha
Freeman at 3 is a risk because picking him is a little speculative as to what he could become.. Pick 3 you generally expect to get someone that has elite traits, looks a sure thing and already has a high level of consistency.. Freeman has that ready made big type body and has explosiveness that is drawing comparisons to Dangerfield, so if he turns out like that then of course he is well worth pick 3, but its a very big IF.. Freeman with his explosive pace along with Bontempelli and his sheer size are 2 who may well end up years down the track as 2 of the best from this draft as they look to have a point of difference to that of others, but I think clubs picking them will be picking them for not what they have done already but what they may become and that can be risky at picks in the top 3-4.. Melb due to their past failures at the draft table and apparently very keen on Freeman I think made a very smart trade. Getting Tyson along with pick 9 where it may well be possible they still land Freeman was a very astute trade.. If he ends up a bust at 9 it will be less frowned upon than if they selected him at 2 which seems way too high for him.. In saying that, GWS are probably in a totally different situation, where they have so much young talent, albeit starting to lose some ( Adams, Tyson) to take the calculated risk for high reward of a Freeman or Bontempelli if they are that way inclined.. It helps when you have the security of picking Boyd 1 pick beforehand too I guess..
thanks for the reply. I get that GWS can take a risk with bontempelli. However I think recruiters do look at what attributes a kid can bring to the next level years down the track. Freeman and bontempelli fit that bill and perhaps billings as well. I just don't want too much of the same type of midfielders as it would be too easy for the oppositions to counter our game style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fish would have to play IMO.
If we wanted him to play in the VFL he wouldn't be kept, we would trade him to GWS.
Plus he has a bigger and longer contract offer at GWS so we would be acting like dicks if we did that to him.

Think Bruce and Delaney can learn a lot from him (on field of course).

From what I hear it'll be out of Billings and Kelly. Aish will not be considered at pick 3 due to strong go-home factor.
I reckon you've been told correctly. Apparently Aish didn't interview too well and should slide to Collingwood's pick, perhaps further. I would love to have one of Kelly to Billings, probably lower risk players than Aish.

I think he's a Lions Academy Player, so it's hands off. Nice player though.
Very promising player who was carrying a hip injury during the national champs and although played well was not up to his best. Been overlooked in favour of Jono Freman by Brisbane. Definitely a smokey worth looking at.

could Pelchen butt in on GWS/Collingwood talk...

GWS - Shaw & 18
Collingwood - Adams & 19
Saints - 10, 22 & Bruce

would give us 3, 10, 22 & 25 - 25 goes to Brisbane for Longer

Saints -
Lose 18 and 19
Gain 10, 22 and Bruce.

Pies -
Lose 10 and Shaw
Gain Adams and 19

GWS -
Lose Bruce, Adams and 22
Gain Shaw and 18

Cant see it happening.

Not sure exactly why but I'd be disappointed if we got Kelly... seems like the skinny type of player Melbourne always draft that never develop.
Aish or Billings for sure.
Though after messing about with our possible 22 it does look as if Billings would suit our future needs best.

could Pelchen butt in on GWS/Collingwood talk...

GWS - Shaw & 18
Collingwood - Adams & 19
Saints - 10, 22 & Bruce

would give us 3, 10, 22 & 25 - 25 goes to Brisbane for Longer
Saints -
Lose 18 and 19
Gain 10, 22 and Bruce.

Pies -
Lose 10 and Shaw
Gain Adams and 19

GWS -
Lose Bruce, Adams and 22
Gain Shaw and 18

Cant see it happening.
Pies fans have reliably informed us there's no chance they downgrade from 10 to 21 for Adams, I'm not sure that 19 gets it done...

On the GWS end perhaps a 4 pick upgrade for Bruce is better than pick 41, unless we could flip 41 for a worthwhile player.

Saints come out pretty well ;)

General idea has merit if it improves GWS offering to the Pies and lands us 'more' for Bruce.

Very promising player who was carrying a hip injury during the national champs and although played well was not up to his best. Been overlooked in favour of Jono Freman by Brisbane. Definitely a smokey worth looking at.
Tall, aggressive and athletic too if 194cm and 91kg is accurate. I suppose the issue becomes whether he's a 'tall' 194cm (ala Luke Delaney) or a 'small' 194cm (ala Dylan Roberton)...

Ideally he'd grow another couple of centimetres to go along with the extra bulk he'll no doubt put on as he matures.

Pies fans have reliably informed us there's no chance they downgrade from 10 to 21 for Adams, I'm not sure that 19 gets it done...

On the GWS end perhaps a 4 pick upgrade for Bruce is better than pick 41, unless we could flip 41 for a worthwhile player.

Saints come out pretty well ;)

General idea has merit if it improves GWS offering to the Pies and lands us 'more' for Bruce.
as i said..for us to get involved it would need to be on our terms :D

It could help with the current stalemate.

Would like us to keep a 30+ pick, just for a 'project' player,

Say a forward (small/med/tall) or a 'not your typical' midfielder,

I know these picks are probably all booked up with Bruce, Delaney & Curren etc, but would like us to risk it with one of these later picks, that may just be the 'cream' when we challenge next for a flag,

Rahul, any thoughts on who might be worth something like this?

This is our round 23 team, with players who have departed swapped with new recruits (and those strongly linked to us), and players already on the list.

FB Roberton - Bruce (Blake) - Geary
HB Dempster - Gilbert - Ray
CT Armitage - Montagna - Jones
RK Hickey - Newnes (Dal Santo) - Steven
HF Schneider - Riewoldt - Curren
FF Savage (Milne) - Lee - Longer (McEvoy)

Int Hayes - Ross - Saunders (Ledger)
Sub Stanley (Koschitzke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back