List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the Longer deal would drag out.. if Longer is pushing for it, Brisbane are going to end up with all these mid range picks for players that I imagine a lot would be useless for them. I would have thought they'd be keen to get all the players out done, then use the picks they have to do some damage either upgrading or for players while there is still time..

we really need to maximise that PSD pick 3 IMO...send 77 to North for Delaney, send 25 to Brisbane for Longer. Send Bruce to the PSD and use pick 41 on another kid
I thoroughly agree with his. In fact I'd go further and say pick #41 ought to be used on a development KPD, whether they come via the state leagues or under agers. I've been on Sully (195cm) all year, and rated Ticker (194cm) above and was met with agreement by some BL interlopers; I stand by those blokes.

We'd look a lot healthier in that department with Bruce, Delaney and another. As I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, one unfortunate injury and we're back to Fisher - who's body we may not be able to trust - Simpkin or Gwilt as KPDs...

Stage 1:
BRUCE%20Josh%20246A.jpg

Stage 2:
bruce_josh_t.png

Stage 3:
bwc2pfocaaa01cd-jpg.33535

Tune in next year for the next development of Bruce! Josh Bruce!

I thoroughly agree with his. In fact I'd go further and say pick #41 ought to be used on a development KPD, whether they come via the state leagues or under agers. I've been on Sully (195cm) all year, and rated Ticker (194cm) above and was met with agreement by some BL interlopers; I stand by those blokes.

We'd look a lot healthier in that department with Bruce, Delaney and another. As I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, one unfortunate injury and we're back to Fisher - who's body we may not be able to trust - Simpkin or Gwilt as KPDs...

And +1 again. Taking 3 x 18 year olds only at the very early stages of a rebuild is a bit light for me. Sure, we've added some more youth, but many of our ins in the past two years have been a tad older. I'd prefer 1-2 more. And agree - PSD is useful for picking up something for free, so I hope we will still have the capacity to take a reasonable player.

And +1 again. Taking 3 x 18 year olds only at the very early stages of a rebuild is a bit light for me. Sure, we've added some more youth, but many of our ins in the past two years have been a tad older. I'd prefer 1-2 more. And agree - PSD is useful for picking up something for free, so I hope we will still have the capacity to take a reasonable player.
This ^^^ :thumbsu:

Meaning the chances of someone on our list copping a 'Nick Winmar' is quite high

Back to 2002 (Stevie Powell) & 2001 (Brett Voss) since we've been in this position with the PSD!!!

Back to 2002 (Stevie Powell) & 2001 (Brett Voss) since we've been in this position with the PSD!!!

That's right. B Voss was super effective for a few years and I was a fan of Powell in his time as well. Would love a best 22 player even if it appears no stars will be available. I still think we will finish up with too much experience in defence and that is where the additional pick should come from. We need to have room for kids to play plenty of games if they've semi-earnt a look.

Or Davis (Norwood SANFL), ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that next year's draft is apparently loaded with talls; Goddard, McCartin, Wright, Watchman, Durdin, Moore, Lever and McLaren are just some of the very highly rated ones, although Moore will most likely be heading to Collingwood via F/S.

I think we load up on quality mids this draft after our (prospective) trading triumphs, take a project tall later if we clear a spot, and load up like Santa next year on the tall kids.

AFL's Draft Machine is finally up... And I've found my man for the later KPD pick... Rahul's boy Hugh Beasley from the Oakleigh Chargers...

Check this out: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/hugh-beasley

Looks bigger than the listed 192cm, very strong core (read big arse) and likes to take the game on. Yes please.

Although one of Rahul's rejects - as far as my musings go - James Toohey, an overage prospect from the Chargers, measures up very well on paper...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/james-toohey

D.O.B: 23/7/94, Height: 196cm, Weight: 97kg
The inside word
He's a super versatile 196cm key position player who transitioned from attack into defence this year before being moved into the midfield. Toohey's a glorious left foot shot at goal and took out the Okleigh Chargers' best and fairest in 2013 after averaging more than 15 disposals a game. As well as an impressive vertical leap, Toohey has a huge engine that kicks into gear quickly and he ran a 3.05 sec 20m sprint at the state combine.

AFL's Draft Machine is finally up... And I've found my man for the later KPD pick... Rahul's boy Hugh Beasley from the Oakleigh Chargers...

Check this out: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/hugh-beasley

Looks bigger than the listed 192cm, very strong core (read big arse) and likes to take the game on. Yes please.
Yep if available as a rookie, get on him. I have likened him to Jason Blake in the past, but I didn't know he was sub 20 fast. Certainly doesn't use it too much when attacking.

Yep if available as a rookie, get on him. I have likened him to Jason Blake in the past, but I didn't know he was sub 20 fast. Certainly doesn't use it too much when attacking.
Kooky looking ball drop, but seems to work for him.

Besides Collingwood being gifted a player & a gun pick today (I had to do a double take when I saw they'd got Jesse White for pick 44-ish to Sydney & pick 6 from WCE for pick 11 & 31.... :eek:), has anything else happened on our own front?

Is Josh Bruce in RW&B yet?
Is Luke Delaney in RW&B yet?
Is Billy Longer in RW&B yet?

Is Rory Sloane in RW&B yet? :D

aish is growing on me. i know he hasnt had a good year but he just has something about him. i think he's the judd of the draft

scharenberg looks a bit too much of a bloke beating up on those smaller than him. he also looks like a HBF in the mould of a fisher and not someone who can go through the midfield. doesnt the next draft have more like him?

Besides Collingwood being gifted a player & a gun pick today (I had to do a double take when I saw they'd got Jesse White for pick 44-ish to Sydney & pick 6 from WCE for pick 11 & 31.... :eek:), has anything else happened on our own front?

Honestly, something really smells about that trade... Something of an '05-'06 Juventus about it.

Hang on... What strip does Juve wear?

Juve-iyo-Chelsea.jpg

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back