Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the one we should be working on and preserving all salary cap/draft picks to make it happen.
We don't need another KPF.
Scaife is gonna deliver.
You keep saying about us not needing a kpf but I am not sure anyone else believes u. Jasper needs to play AFL. He hasn't done that yet to categorically state that there is no need for a kpf. We are desperate to get some depth in that area

If he comes cheap (not trading a 1st) - I reckon we should go for it- could be a Gunston type in the right environment which we currently have. Lots had their doubts about Chol- we might back ourselves in to turn Lukosius around in the same fashion…
Luko would easily cost a first though, while i don't rate him too highly he is a swingman who kicked 40 goals last year. Also still only 23 years old.

Not at all worth the cost.

You keep saying about us not needing a kpf but I am not sure anyone else believes u. Jasper needs to play AFL. He hasn't done that yet to categorically state that there is no need for a kpf. We are desperate to get some depth in that area
Of course Scaife needs to prove himself with senior performances, but I am highly confident in his ability to become a quality player for us. Just compare his BH form to others. He is far too good for that level.

Let's hope the Wiz is in Harley's ear.

Come and join the party, Harley!

Honestly, if the chance to get him arises, just get it done.

GS67m7ebwAASWmW

Of course Scaife needs to prove himself with senior performances, but I am highly confident in his ability to become a quality player for us. Just compare his BH form to others. He is far too good for that level.
We definitely need one and preferably a strong contested marking clunking type but when you scour the afl lists it’s pretty bare. That’s why I’d like to see us draft someone like Gerryn or Faull with a 20-30s pick and they can jostle for a position or come through together with dear as the athletic 3rd.
Edit:
I removed the Tex bit as it was a joke and I have now learned I don’t know how to edit and make font orange.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is that unless they are under a rock, opposition players will all be hearing about how fun it is at the moment at Hawthorn and how you are allowed to be yourself.

I can't read an article or hear an interview at the moment that doesn't recognise these aspects (Watto, Ginni, Chol, Day etc)

I hope it is organic and players aren't being coached to say it but if you are feeling constricted at your club it would have to be a powerful tempter to move.

I just skimmed the above and saw the chat about Lukosius. If you think he's not worth trading for you haven't watched enough footy, super classy and smart footballer that can take a grab and kick a long goal. Does things others can't. Would thrive in an environment like Hawthorn. Would cost a lot though.

We definitely need one and preferably a strong contested marking clunking type but when you scour the afl lists it’s pretty bare. That’s why I’d like to see us draft someone like Gerryn or Faull with a 20-30s pick and they can jostle for a position or come through together with dear as the athletic 3rd.
Or do we simply bring in Tex and go for a flag next year! Despite some shit bloke acts off the field, he’s one of my all time favourite oppo players. I was hoping years ago when he fell out of favour that we grabbed him.
I don't think Tex brings us closer to the flag, he'll be well past his use by date and he's not a great fit culturally. I'd also go as far as to say that he's not really that good a contested mark to bother with anyway.

I have a lot of faith in Dear developing into at least a serviceable contested marking forward, and Chol is a great 2nd tall. Unless it's going to be someone young enough that we could build around up forward like a JUH, King brother or similar, I can't see us bringing anyone in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched every game Jasper has played, some live.
He will make it at AFL level.

Not a doubt in my mind.

Anyone wanting Luko from CGS should look at the plank when he can't be bothered, or he's scared of his oppo.

Never seen a bloke do so many one-handed marking 'attempts' in a single game before as that bloke, plus he's an expert at not tracking his man anywhere.

Hardest of hard passes.

Lukosios doesn't have that dog in him
Same criticism of Massimo. It might be true in this case but just look at the turn around of reputation on players we've brought in.

Massimo was called soft and defensive liability. He cracks in as hard as anyone.

Chol was called lazy and disinterested. He ranks highly for defensive acts inside 50.

Ginnivan was called flakey and a one trick pony. He's been a consistent performer and shown great depth to his game.

I wouldn't be writing off anyone who has displayed high natural talent.

If Ryan Burton of all people can destroy Walker in his prime why the hell would we entertain getting the washed up version?

not much on Gettable today, someone asked what the likelihood of Hawks getting both Battle and Smith done to which Cal said Battle more likely than Smith. Said he is hearing Smith more likely to head to Geelong and then speculated that Hawks would be offering more than Geelong but it would take a strong change for Smith to head to Hawks

Same criticism of Massimo. It might be true in this case but just look at the turn around of reputation on players we've brought in.

Massimo was called soft and defensive liability. He cracks in as hard as anyone.

Chol was called lazy and disinterested. He ranks highly for defensive acts inside 50.

Ginnivan was called flakey and a one trick pony. He's been a consistent performer and shown great depth to his game.

I wouldn't be writing off anyone who has displayed high natural talent.
Difference is we didn't give up much to secure all of those guys. Luko would be a first at a minimum.

Difference is we didn't give up much to secure all of those guys. Luko would be a first at a minimum.
The club wouldn’t pay that unless they were confident he’d be worth it.

The club wouldn’t pay that unless they were confident he’d be worth it.
Of course but we are just here discussing how we view him here and i personally think his weaknesses outweigh his strengths at that cost. Get him cheaper and i'd be keen but despite his issues he is too talented to have a team let him walk for cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back