Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have to think that Frosty is the one to go if Barass comes in. I think Frosty has been brilliant this year - I was one of the big doubters - but it could be a great case of selling high if we can get some good capital for him.

I am not dead against Barrass but not real keen, West Coast aren't going to let him walk without decent compensation and i am not sure we are in the position to be trading significant currency for a soon to be 29 year old with back issues.

If he ends up a Hawk i will get excited at the talent but think the risk outweighs the reward for me.

8* for Barrass and 23*

I'd be pretty happy with that if back injury is all good.
using our F1 in such a deal would be the best outcome imo

either way i don't think we are going to be shy with any of our first-rounders. i know plenty are still strong on the idea we need to keep hitting the draft but i believe the club will be preparing to make some win-now moves this off-season. a few clubs will probs start entering rebuilds in the next year or two so there could be some interesting players come onto the market.

Can't be giving up first round pick for barrass unless... We do but get Barras And their second rounder which lands at around pick 20-21!! Then if baismith sees the light, then a future first plus eagles second or a player of significance to them. But I still think our pies second rounder should be enough for barrass.

Lake was a salary dump from the Bulldogs and we did a pick shuffle. You would only take Barrass for the same kind of deal.

The Dogs won’t want to trade English for Barrass as they want the band 1 compo for English.
Surely the Dogs would get more for English from a trade than a compo pick especially if they play finals ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be giving up first round pick for barrass unless... We do but get Barras And their second rounder which lands at around pick 20-21!! Then if baismith sees the light, then a future first plus eagles second or a player of significance to them. But I still think our pies second rounder should be enough for barrass.
First round picks should be traded for exceptional, long-term talents.

I think Barrass is worth a mid first rounder say 10-14. Would you trade our first and f1 to get Barrass and eagles seconds this year and next? We get our key defender one of those seconds gets a KP like OFarrell Sims Gerryn we are just left with the explosive mid as per my understanding of our positional targets.
2025 brayshaw and Bont are free agents and Callaghan OOC any of them mission accomplished.

West Coast are not Geelong and desperate to top up.
I agree it would need to be better than the compo for Dogs to entertain and would make little sense for West Coast to do

It’s up to his agent to advise the clubs of what the thought process is on both ends and if there’s a middle ground

The other thing the Dogs could do is think yeah we can fit that in the cap sheet and simply match then in 12 months time if he still wants to go trade him then for a bundle

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back