Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Blanck has shown middling results as a backman

Would he get a game ahead of Frost currently?
My opinion is he’s shown plenty in the few games he’s played to start his career, and wouldn’t be unhappy with him standing at full back for us next year. However if we can get Barrass then you do it every day of the week, I just hope we don’t overpay ( draft pick wise) is all I’m saying.

That depends on what Barrass says during negotiations, if he maintains its only Hawthorn that he wants to go to then we have leverage as they wouldn't want to keep him to be honest- doesn't fit their timeline, profile etc

They will accept less if Barrass stays committed
Also would help if Liam Baker nominates West Coast as they will need to use the pick would think

Why are people so hell bent on not letting go of our first for TB? We have enough kids on the list, with plenty high picks developing that we can’t even squeeze into the side yet. As we have shown since R6 our premiership window has come much faster than expected and TB could be the final piece of the puzzle to actually win it next season. Even if he plays for 3-4 years he can plug a big hole while the likes of McCabe and Blank continue to develop. Not to mention if Battle comes we are essentially getting 2 genuine game changes to our list for essentially a first rounder. We are back to being a destination club and any list gaps moving forward I see us bringing in via trade / FA rather than the draft
Because he’s 29 years old, injury prone and he wants out. Barrass’ trade value shouldn’t be starting at a 1st rounder- we’re letting West coast and the media dictate the price on the trade… he’s not playing in their next premiership- they don’t wanna keep him…

The top 25 in the draft this year is very even- we could theoretically get the best player in the draft with our late 1st round pick- if we get the pick right it could be the cherry on top for our premiership tilt…

Frost has been outstanding this season- we’ve also got Blanck to come back, Serong in great form, McCabe showing signs and hopefully Battle coming across as a free agent + Phillips on reserve

Whichever way it’s goes I’ll back the club in but we should be pushing for a better deal IMO..

Last edited:

We'd have far better defenders around him.

I think that's what gets lost in stat-picking with Barrass. That's not to say that the figures aren't valid - but not just in isolation. Surround Barrass with our defensive unit and include Battle and I don't know why people wouldn't want that at the right price.

He’s on ice so West Coast can maintain his trade value. Silly argument.

A silly argument was you wanting Ben McKay last year, a player who's a downgrade on Frost, for 6 years.

At least Barass is an upgrade on Frost but he comes with significant injury risk.

For all the fullback talk, Frosty is playing his 90th game for the club this weekend. Would love him to reach the 100 for the HFC
Frosty this year has been a revelation, career season best! I can see him playing in the deep three lock down backs with Barrass and Hardwick. The rest rebounding and interceptions galore. Exciting times ahead, especially with Serong and McCabe developing alongside Weddle and Scrimers the years ahead look very promising. Winning the flag next year, maybe this one, is where the focus lies.

A silly argument was you wanting Ben McKay last year,

Emma Stone Burn GIF by PeacockTV

Given you have seemingly scoured my posting history I am sure you have the receipts - but I don't recall ever being gung-ho on McKay but was more of a pragmatic 'nice if we can get him, no biggie if we don't'. Granted most of last year is a blur given I was repeatedly sick with my kid's first year of daycare turning our house into a perpetual petri dish - so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the game between West Coast and GWS where West Coast conceded 67 inside 50s and Jesse Hogan only kicked 2.2? The one where the stats show that Barrass didn't attend a single contested defensive 1:1?

Most of Hogan's marks in that game were either not on Barrass, or were almost impossible to defend darts on a lead where he marks them around 50m out. There was one in the goal square that was too loose by Barrass, but there were West Coast guys there to cover that just didn't go. We'd have far better defenders around him.

Go rewatch the game instesd of looking at the stats

The top 25 in the draft this year is very even- we could theoretically get the best player in the draft with our late 1st round pick- if we get the pick right it could be the cherry on top for our premiership tilt…
I dont want this to come across as me having a go but just curious how much of the Coates Talent League and the Championships have you watched? Not asking because your take is wrong either, just curious as it seems that this is what is being reported on the draft in the media and I have seen people say it but not convinced people have been deep diving it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he’s 30 years old, injury prone, he wants out and he’s a salary dump. Barrass’ value shouldn’t be a 1st rounder- we’re letting West coast and the media dictate the price on the trade… he’s not playing in their next premiership- they don’t wanna keep him…

Frost has been outstanding this season- we’ve also got Blanck to come back, Serong in great form, McCabe showing signs and hopefully Battle coming across as a free agent + Phillips on reserve

Whichever way it’s goes I’ll back the club in but we should be pushing for a better deal IMO..
That’s all well and good but the FACT is he is not 30yo.
Where did you pluck that from?

The advantage with Frost is if we get Barras & Battle is that he is versatile & agile enough to play on smalls.

If Barass comes, Frost is playing VFL.

Battle would take Weddle's position and Weddle then would run around wherever he feels like it.

I would assume either Morrison or Mackenzie would be dropped if Battle were available for us this week.

Battle would take Weddle's position and Weddle then would run around wherever he feels like it.

I would assume either Morrison or Mackenzie would be dropped if Battle were available for us this week.
You do realise there is such a thing as injuries?

legit injury, shattered not to play in Gaff farewell game

Fair call. Still think using a niggle after a concussion as a means of saying he could be ruled out of all next year is a bit of a furphy.

if we are playing a full strength Carlton early in 2025 Frost plays on Curnow, Barrass plays on McKay, Sicily plays loose, Scrim matches up on a third tall type like E.Hollands, Weddle roams and Battle would have to play forward or at Box Hill.

Tom Barrass is Tom Barrass but pick 11 could be anything! It could even Tom Barrass you know how much we’ve wanted one of those

IMG_1949.png

if we are playing a full strength Carlton early in 2025 Frost plays on Curnow, Barrass plays on McKay, Sicily plays loose, Scrim matches up on a third tall type like E.Hollands, Weddle roams and Battle would have to play forward or at Box Hill.
Man are you in for an eye opening experience if he comes over

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back