Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To play for Geelong would be strange if his obsessed with Hawthorn, being one of our long time rivals along with Essendon.

But it's different if it's a job rather than a supporter I guess.

Look at Watson giving it large to the Collingwood crowd when we flogged them, even though he a a Collingwood supporter growing up.

Look at Watson giving it large to the Collingwood crowd when we flogged them, even though he a a Collingwood supporter growing up.
Exactly. It's difficult for us supporters to understand but I think after you've been embraced by a team and made to feel a part of it it's only natural for allegiances to shift.

I’ve said for months Baz will be hawks bound, all the noise surrounding it is just noise.

The more I think about it the more I think the dogs have asked for ward and a draft pick, or maybe another player.

We don’t just drop off when we have been pursuing for two years maybe longer.

Hardwick - Barrass - Impey Sicily - Battle - Scrim

CJ plays wing already, Amon can rotate wing/half back, and Weddle can play anywhere. McCabe probably mixes in there soon enough too.

Frost, Blanck, and Serong are depth, Phillips and DGB are unlikely to last on our list. Mitchell, MacDonald, and Ryan small depth.

Good teams have good depth. It’s a good thing.

I understand good teams have good depth, and it would be ideal if Serong was happy to play for Box Hill in the hope we had an injury crisis.

I was initially replying to comments that he was likely going to be at St Kilda next year and that they were interested in him, not just making things up to get rid of depth players.

Purely suggested realistic hypothetical trades with St Kilda based on the link, but it’s clear now that doing so in a hypothetical trade thread is infuriating to some.

We need spots on the list, we’re going to have to move some players on. A 9 game 21yo intercept defender who will be 7th-9th on the depth chart seems acceptable to me.

Who has the money to do that, realistically?
Any club could offer $12M over 8 years (the $1.5M/year just being an average figure). Clubs would only have the next 2-3 years of the majority of their cap space locked in. A handful of players at each club on longer deals. Plenty of room to backend a 5+ year deal to get a high potential player in the door. Then just fill in the cap around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said for months Baz will be hawks bound, all the noise surrounding it is just noise.

The more I think about it the more I think the dogs have asked for ward and a draft pick, or maybe another player.

We don’t just drop off when we have been pursuing for two years maybe longer.
He won’t be.

All mail currently swirling around is that we are not keen, and that his off-field stuff has only Cats willing to take him on.

There are only a few clubs around I reckon that will take the punt on a 6 year deal with Bailey Smith.

6 years for a player that has struggled with motivation and the passion for the game is a huge call for anyone to make.

4 years I can see a lot of clubs interested because even if things went pear shaped after 2 you only need to absorb the troubles for two more. 6 years however is an enormous call.

This has a “St Kilda” feel all over it I reckon.

There are only a few clubs around I reckon that will take the punt on a 6 year deal with Bailey Smith.

6 years for a player that has struggled with motivation and the passion for the game is a huge call for anyone to make.

4 years I can see a lot of clubs interested because even if things went pear shaped after 2 you only need to absorb the troubles for two more. 6 years however is an enormous call.

This has a “St Kilda” feel all over it I reckon.
The bloke who started his pre-season the day after the Dogs season ended? Or was that a smoke screen? Genuine question.

Do any of the ITK’s know anything about Lukosius? If he leaves the Suns is it only to S.A or is he willing to head to a vic club, and if so do the Hawks have any interest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back