List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This has been one area we have probably been lacking for a long time. We have not really strategically traded players. For example, with Edwards, Dowling, Taylor all on the books and needing games, and obtaining Peatling and our pick 4 mid, surely the need to keep Berry and Pedlar is not a high priority. Why not put them on the market to seek other opportunities as the harsh reality is both look destined to find opportunities limited moving forward. Smart clubs sell that to the players in advance so that they consider other options. Berry could fetch us a pick in the 30s and pedlar well i dont think he has value but could token trade him for a 60s or 70s draft pick to clear a spot on the list.

Either way it clears room to bring in a ruckman.

Pedlar has a higher ceiling than everybody else you named. And Cook would be the one to cut anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean, I would assume it's inarguable that our lack of experience has in some way contributed to our results this year.

And they obviously know that, judging by their off season efforts to bring in mature first 18 players.

Seems a strange thing to argue about.
Most would say it was our experienced players that let us down this year.

Richmond about 10 years if you consider Cochin (P2 - 2007), Martin (P3 -2009), Rance (PP - P18 - 2007) and Reiwolt (P13 - 2006) as the key players or the players they built the team around

Hawthorn was similar if you consider Hodge (P1 - 2001), Franklin (P5 - 2004), Roughead (P2 - 2004), Mitchell (P36 - 2001) as their key players

Even Hawthorn thought winning in 2008 was an anomaly, and thought they'd need a least a couple more years to genuinely compete
Richmond were the last team to build the core of their side before GC and GWS kept everyone out of the draft. It prolonged their run a bit.

Pedlar has a higher ceiling than everybody else you named. And Cook would be the one to cut anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anthony Morabito was extremely talented as well. The worry is injuries.

Massive concern IMO.

He had a shoulder reconstruction in 2019. He missed the end of 2020 with a knee injury.

When he got to the club the shoulder injury was still lingering. He then struggled with groin soreness and an abdominal strain in the preseason of 2021, but managed to make it to midseason and get 2 games for us.

He then hurt his ankle in round 16 in an SANFL game that ruled him out for the rest of the season. A month later he underwent his second shoulder reconstruction.

Here is where we were at the end of 2021. The clock is ticking on Pedlar IMO. Has had 5 injury interrupted seasons and 1 healthy season (2023).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back