Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 89.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In that interview above with Dawson, he described his own role as a midfielder as a tagger! One of the most talented guys in our team in terms of disposal, and he talks about shutting down his guy and farming it to someone else (Laird/Crouch) to bomb to the forward line! You look at this stuff and have to wonder WTF is going on? :eekv1:

He’s required to have a defensive bent because Crouch and Laird can’t do it in open play.

There's absolutely no way we would let someone of the calibre of Balme through the corridors of power at the AFC.

Within a day he would expose all the frauds and gravy train seat warmers.

They would be totally scared of that kind of scrutiny.

I can understand our group of mediocre staff being $hit scared. What I can’t understand is why the board wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to get a perspective from about the most highly credentialed set of fresh eyes available. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Balme the Messiah who can fix all the ills at the AFC in a flash.
I remember similar hype when Roo was taken onboard.
That worked well.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course one being an unpaid board member with zero football management experience and the other a highly experienced, successful and credentialed footy manager is irrelevant. Regardless of whether he can fix the ills is beside the point. Our club is full of people in key roles that had no experience or previous successes in their roles. At a board level, they should be engaging a person with Balme’s history to provide an independent assessment of the operation of our footy dept and overall football culture and philosophies.

CAN WE AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL HE'S NOT ON STAFF

FFS, we pursued him in the past and Richmond stopped him. There is no reason to flip out and assume he's not going to be here, if he's finally interested and available.

Hey Kristof, you’re yelling in a footy forum, are you ok? I’m genuinely worried about your mental wellbeing. I think we all know that you don’t deal too well with your footy club not being good. PM me if you need to chat.

I can understand our group of mediocre staff being $hit scared. What I can’t understand is why the board wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to get a perspective from about the most highly credentialed set of fresh eyes available. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Its disgraceful incompetence from the Board.... Even on a part time basis Balme would make us infinitely better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its disgraceful incompetence from the Board.... Even on a part time basis Balme would make us infinitely better.

Even a fixed contract for specific purpose. Our workers might be great at implementing our core philosophies. What if it’s the core philosophies that are the problem. And I’m not suggesting that his would be right, but wouldn’t our board want to know if ours differ meaningfully to his experience at multiple flag winning clubs.

Even a fixed contract for specific purpose. Our workers might be great at implementing our core philosophies. What if it’s the core philosophies that are the problem. And I’m not suggesting that his would be right, but wouldn’t our board want to know if ours differ meaningfully to his experience at multiple flag winning clubs.

100% - its called 'Due Diligence'....

I don't think he will get $1million in that last year
That’s not what I said at all

The 1 million difference is with 1 year less so if he plays on after this contract whatever he gets in that next year further reduces the deficit

So if that’s say 500k (low salary based on cap in 5 yrs time) it’s back to a 500k difference

So, is the entire reason we're assuming the board isn't going to involve Balme - despite the fact we've already tried and made offers in the past - is because Rowe said he'd heard we hadn't?

Back