Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fremantle > 30 pts

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit dramatic there mate. Yeah he had a great game but theres still others who have had a better years so far. De goey, BReust, Rohan, Betts have all kicked more goals. Hence me saying hes not AA yet. **** is that so hard to believe? Jesusssss

In all fairness, they're all virtually permanent forwards. Walters would spend more time in the midfield than any of those players, that's why he's had a lot more touches.

Bit dramatic there mate. Yeah he had a great game but theres still others who have had a better years so far. De goey, BReust, Rohan, Betts have all kicked more goals. Hence me saying hes not AA yet. **** is that so hard to believe? Jesusssss
Betts better then Walters? You dreaming? Not even the same role. Betts has been 100% full forward/small forward. 20 goals all season. Walters has been 70/30 even 80/20 midfield/forward and has kicked 19 goals.
Breust is a star don’t get me wrong, but he’s clearly not the same player of years gone. He’s only on 19 too.

Another shining example today of why the time remaining in the quarter/game shouldn't be shown.
Collingwood mark the ball with an easy shot on goal with 6 sec to go in the 3rd quarter and decides to play on, handballs to another player, then to another player and the siren goes before the kick on goal. Freo win by less than a goal.
A countdown clock (or a runner for that matter) and Collingwood wouldn't have played on.

Great win from Freo beating Collingwood in Melbourne. Just goes to show you cant be up and win every week, but still think they are the best side in it.

Disappointing to see some Pies blame the score review that was nowhere near the end of the game, rather than giving credit to Freo
All valid points.

Although it was frustrating for some Pie fans, it shouldn’t have any bearing on the end result IMO, that’s not how games work.

The better side won on the day, and they were deserving winners. Their speed and fast movement out of the back half and wings through Hill and Wilson seems to trouble teams on a frequent basis in 2019.

Good to see this thread full of AFL apologists. It’s a score review system, it’s entire purpose is to review scoring decisions. Utterly laughable they didn’t review the start of the kick, and in a game decided by less than a kick, it’s cost us the match. Disgraceful, and shame on those defending it.
I agree it’s pathetic that they didn’t review it properly, and it should have been a point.

But no one can say for certain what the impact on the result was - we might have managed to turnover the kick-in and score a goal. Or not. a whole raft of things could have changed.

AFL need to learn from this and fix it up.

Geez I hate agreeing on anything that aligns me with freo but fck me they got shafted by the umpires more often than not and to hear King rant on about a dobbed Collingwood goal is pathetic.

AFL needs a complete commentary overhaul because the standard and professionalism is disgraceful.
It’s shocking. All ex AFL players on fox sports have played for Victorian team bar Pavlich. Hardly any interstate commentators.
King, Dermott, Eddie try to look like they’re experts in the game, but they just come across as biased and ignorant.

Non existent HTB????? Well if you are a close watcher of this game in general, I'd say half the frees are non existent even the ones that get shots on goals. That is all the game does these days, leave confusion and anger, meritorious play is second fiddle to the free kick for nonexistent frees, doesn't matter which team , it happens to everyone every week, and we the public put up with it, look at Richmonds comeback last night, second quarter last 7 minutes , 2 goals from frees that WERE NOT CALLABLE , but they were called and umpy gets a couple of goals, its the rules and the tiggy touchwood non contest allowed in contact when you are meant to be playing a contact sport when most of it is free kickable , how the hell do you defend or attack with out some pedantic rule that gives the prancer a chance to call some petty ambiguous free kick . Like FREMANTLES DYING MINUTE TODAY, rICHMOND GOT PRAISE FROM THE BLOODY COMMENTATORS FOR A COME BACK, WHEN THEY ACTUALLY GOT TWO GOALS OF THAT COMEBACK FROM FRAUDULENT FREE KICKS

Is that how we are prepared to accept this great game , by bulldust, thats why I get angry, and Freo , the poor mongrels have copped it twice for a win that looked like a maybe all day!
Its the AFL and the rules, if you don't see it , you are blind . Its there in your face.

Umps need to put the whistle away in the last three minutes and NOT CALL disputed tiggy touchwood frees , it is 9 out of 10 times one of the grey grey maybe rules , that can create a situation where umpires can, and one day will decide a game, and no one will know , but it'll happen if it already hasn't.

Merit is how you win and hardness and tough allowed physical contact in the contest. But thats gone now days. Sack the rules pains , and sack Gil the killer of the game!

Lol here he is the whinging Pom from Joondy.

So Fremantle once again the umpires save you with twisted free kicks that could go any way and you don't reckon your tinny , what a way to win a game , YEEEES its Fyfe again gets the ump rub, and it just smacks of bulldust every time you people win a game, last week you didn't deserve it and this week the same and Ross Lyon hanging by a thread as coach and you guys again win by 2 free kicks to none, in the moments that it counts to pinch , bloody terrible. Matera couldn't kick straight unless he 5 feet out , and it takes a couple of frees to let you pinch it, if you were convincing then It'd be different ,but you aren't While you score these dodgy free kicks while in attack, your merit goes down the toilet, because you get help, the tinniest club in history,.
The only trad club with no flag, and a long way off from winning one on merit.

But you always got the umps , well last week and this week, tin eventually stops . There is no denying that today , was last week all over again.

And yes I would like you to look convincing one day instead of pulling wins out of your bums like you always seem to do in the last seconds of a game. Umpires the horror of the AFL, and free kicks the nonsense that umpires can use to decide to pay,its an awful look of the game these days. Disputed frees are nearly every thing in all games now , the word "disputed" , you know could be called any which way, where'd you get the rub??? ha ha !

I mean, same thing you guys got help whether intentional or not , free kicks win games, your last two, and these days frees are never black and white!
Try really putting a team away once and for all, today was tin and umpy induced!

When umpires decide games, well baffling but they do 2 in a row win or lose today , DOESN'T MATTER FREMANTLE THE FACT REMAINS UMPIRES WIN IT 2X2 but its not about winning or losing its how tinny teams seem to win , when are you going to belt someone in the east , really belt them and not get free kicks in the final 3 minutes! Especially the way the grey rules work these days , it looks bad!
You got down there enough times so it wasn't as if you weren't doing that , but doubtful calls and your in the pink , couldn't do it in play you had to get the rubby dub dub. Are you are good enough you win by convincingly beating your opponent , you never seem to, but thats the game , would have been nice to see you belt the Magpies the way North belted Richmond, hammer footy, not freo? Couple of freebies gets them home!

Do your best!!!!!!
IMG_2102.GIF

Richmond fans making absolute numbskulls out of themselves in a Pies gameday thread as per usual. Never seen a bunch of supporters so obsessed.

Especially given how level headed Pies supporters are. Not one will claim we were worthy of victory today. Beaten by a side who wanted it more and hopefully it’s the loss that wakes up many of our overconfident players happy to coast at a sub-par level.

Third place, 8-3 with a fat percentage. Hardly the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners are grinders, the rest can suit themselves.

As the saying goes, “if a top side is 5% off, and other side is 5% on, game on”. Collingwood can be more intense, from what they presented today.

Still think Freo can get 10 / 11 wins, finals is possible but let’s see what the footy gods say.

Brad Hill is just so unique, irreplaceable. I don't think i have ever seen anyone like him in 40 years. Nobody with his neat skills, pace, and stamina. Normally you see 2 of the 3. He is a better player than Issac Smith, and any winger in the game, imo.

Funny thing is he struggles with confidence. We appointed a retired Shane Crawford to Hill to help with that.
Absolutely shone two weeks in a row. He’s in spectacular form.

Bucks all class as always - baited multiple times in the presser about the Walters goal/Mayne touch and repeatedly said, we didn’t deserve to win today. He had to give that same answer after multiple questions about the incident for them to get the hint he wasn’t going to bite.

Winners are grinders, the rest can suit themselves.

As the saying goes, “if a top side is 5% off, and other side is 5% on, game on”. Collingwood can be more intense, from what they presented today.

Still think Freo can get 10 / 11 wins, finals is possible but let’s see what the footy gods say.
Freo and Hawthorne will battle it out for 8th spot this season

No. Don't shift the goal posts, mate. You made out that all Walters did was kick the winning goal.

"Ya gotta do more than kick the winning goal to be named AA"

I pointed out that Walters was one of the best afield and did more than kick the winning score.

Anyways... Walters is EASILY deserving of All Australian honours. A legitimate gun. One of the best players in the AFL not to have been a previous AA selection. Hopefully he can do it this season if the stats-obsessed muppets who pick the team can pull their heads out of their arses.

In the games I've watched this season, Walters >>>>>>> Breust, Rohan and Betts. Laughable to even compare him to them on 2019 form. Gary Ablett would be a better comparison.
  • Luke Breust has been hot & cold. He's one of the best small forwards, but i wouldn't rank him in Hawthorn's top 6 or 7 players this year. That aint AA form.
  • Eddie Betts has looked past-it in many games. He had one big day out (his 300th), but he's been mostly looking for cheapies. Old and ordinary.
  • Gary Rohan...Meh. He isn't All Australian class. He looks good kicking 3 or 4 goals for a strong side, but he's been Mr Invisible in 50% of games this year. He has just 0, 1 or 2 tackles in 9 of his 10 games. :oops: He struggles to get 10 touches in most games. Gotta do more than that. Geelong trolls would bag Cyril Rioli for averaging 15 disposals and 5 tackles, but Rohan averages just 9.7 disposals and 2 tackles per game.

Last edited:
Pies look the most vulnerable in the top 5 teams of failing to make the top 4 and if they make the top 4 can see them out in straight sets easily. Great midfield but massive holes at either end.
Last time a side lost to Fremantle at the MCG by under a goal, conceding the match winning goal with under a minute to go was Richmond in 2017.

What happened next...?

Geez I hate agreeing on anything that aligns me with freo but fck me they got shafted by the umpires more often than not and to hear King rant on about a dobbed Collingwood goal is pathetic.

AFL needs a complete commentary overhaul because the standard and professionalism is disgraceful.
Couldn't agree more, the only other team sport I watch a bit of is the EPL and the standard and professionalism of their commentary and analytical teams puts us to shame, I don't watch them but I'm almost certain the big American sports ie. NFL, NBA, MLB would be the same.

Ours are in the main just immature boys club sycophantic wannabes trying to relive past glories and build their own silly brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 11: Collingwood v Fremantle, 1:45pm AEST MCG

Back