Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and we are certainly the underdogs and the punters agree. Don't like our chances against the Pies juggernaut regardless of a few outs (+ we have Ashcroft out) . Pies are the best team in the comp by far and will get up by a few goals IMO.

Not sure if this is part of your defence mechanism, but if you cannot win here, this week, with what you have at stake, you are simply cannon fodder come the finals starting.

IMO, you should win this match.

Not sure if this is part of your defence mechanism, but if you cannot win here, this week, with what you have at stake, you are simply cannon fodder come the finals starting.

Imo pies win by 10+ goals and lions underdogs

Collingwood announced to the comp a few weeks ago that they are the best team in the comp. So by virtue of that ever other team is an underdog

a few outs? just the three most important players in the team but I still think we'll win which will be demoralising for Brisbane

a few outs? just the three most important players in the team but I still think we'll win which will be demoralising for Brisbane

You’re right, Moore de goey and bobby hill are big outs

It's amazing that Jack Crisp has never been injured after moving over. Seems like ten years ago now. Trade of the century.

Great pickup for the pies. Dono about whether the best trade though, getting two first rounders for a cooked beans was pretty decent! Lions couldn’t believe their luck!

Great pickup for the pies. Dono about whether the best trade though, getting two first rounders for a cooked beans was pretty decent! Lions couldn’t believe their luck!

Yeah. I think he was drafted around the same time as Pendlebury and Sidebottom. Its incredible to think how cooked Beams was during his last few years at Brisbane while his older peers are still contributing with good seasons.

Post team announcement Squiggle ... unsurprisingly the adjustments favour the Lions!

Collingwood
Collingwood 76 - 81 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Collingwood
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Brisbane Lions
+5.9 pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership beans 🤣🤣

Brisbane gotta remember we gave up Crisp and the pick Collingwood used for De Goey for him. But shhhh
Yeah we didn’t win this trade even with beams back deal. Crisp looked really promising in his few games with us too. And being a rookie list pick up probably would have felt loyal to us.

Added to that we blew our pick 18 (became 21) on Ely Smith

Then we kept trading on the other first rounder decreasing its value…

So yeah glad we managed to offload Beams but wasn’t good business overall from the club

-Lions MUST win to keep their pole position.
-Pies are treating the game as a NICE to win.
-Therefore Lions should win if they are a fair dinkum flag threat.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Lions on the back of winning this game, receive a significant shot of self belief that propels them to the flag? It would be seen as Pies unknowingly handing over the initiative to an enemy.

When my father came back from New Guinea at the conclusion of WWII, he reportably had gained a mean streak that wasn't there before, and would talk about finishing the job, not letting the bastards off, and sticking the boot in, even when discussing mundane things.

It seems Pies are better than my old man, all it needs is for Lions to be better than what everyone thinks.

Pies by 5 goals, going away down the final stretch.

Is it really in Collingwoods interests to win tonight? If Brisbane lock up the double chance and home finals then they will be odds on to face Collingwood in the Grand Final. I'm sure they would rather face an away from home Brisbane than some other Melbourne based teams. Personally, I would be surprised if Collingwood win tonight, by losing they can optimise their chances of facing an interstate team on GF day. Will be watching with great interest tonight to see how hard at it they are.

Last edited:
Is it really in Collingwoods interests to win tonight? If Brisbane lock up the double chance and home finals then they will be odds on to face Collingwood in the Grand Final. I'm sure they would rather face an away from home Brisbane than some other Melbourne based teams. Personally, I would be surprised if Collingwood win tonight, by losing they can optimise their chances of facing an interstate team on GF day. Will be watching with great interest tonight to see how hard at it they are.
Can you lose premiership points for tanking just one game ... not many just 68 or so to be fair ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Back