Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Bombers v Blues Sun June 9th 7:20pm AEST (MCG)

AEST

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

4th for stoppage clearances, 1st for i50's and 1st for i50 ground ball gets. In the top 5 of the competition for two of the latter. Instrumental to our forward press/around the ground. Isn't flashy like goals so it gets missed unless you look at stats.

Got a goal tonight and kicked a few bags to get us going in the close wins we had.

All our forwards just couldn't capitalize tonight. Inaccuracy was rampant throughout our entire team.

Yeah seems strange to target him, he's averaging a goal and assist a game. He's fine. We need another but to work with him, not replace him.

Kicking for goal and entries inside 50 killed us

Carlton had the class and more effective forwards and are a damn good team

Hollands very good and Zac Williams seems to have found his niche as a forwad

We more than our chances - just failed to take them

Anyone who thinks we haven't improved in a lot of areas is kidding themselves and has the blinkers on

A week off and go again - enjoy tomorrow folks if you have the day off (not here in QLD or in WA)

Yeah, nah. We've dominated them with shots, inside 50's, and around the ground. Just haven't taken our chances.

We'll use the bye to learn from it and reset.
We controlled the central area of the ground and denied you access to dangerous entries.

Downside of that is it allows you more entries wide but you were forced to take pot shots under pressure from tight angles while we kicked our goals 30 out straight in front all night.

Your accuracy and entry numbers are down to that, we controlled how you went forward almost all game and that's why you never got close.

4th for stoppage clearances, 1st for i50's and 1st for i50 ground ball gets. In the top 5 of the competition for two of the latter. Instrumental to our forward press/around the ground. Isn't flashy like goals so it gets missed unless you look at stats.

Got a goal tonight and kicked a few bags to get us going in the close wins we had.
Regardless of what your stats sheet says, he ain't the answer.

With regard to 'the bags he's kicked in your close wins' - he hasn't kicked more than a single goal in any of your wins...

Reality time for essendon

LOL .. Every Essendon fan I know was expecting bottom 4 or bottom 8 if we had a good year.

They were not expecting to dominate Carlton for large parts of the game, whose list is peaking now, and end up losing the game with kicking for goal and a few crucial fumbles down back. Considering it was a game for 2nd on the ladder I would have though that a good side would have buried a middle of the road team like Essendon if they were kicking for goal that badly.

Essendon are a level below. They've played all the bottom teams. Collingwood and Carlton both have had a heap of injuries and played more difficult games to start the season.

It is difficult to separate Collingwood and Carlton though. Both teams at full strength, I wouldn't be able to pick a winner.

I 100% agree with you. A game between Carlton and Essendon is all about Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the flip side, we won far more of the ball, plus inside 50's, plus didnt have an effective forward, and had more scoring shots, but still lost easily

Strange game

Felt like Blues had more gears to go up

as they should, further ahead in development

We controlled the central area of the ground and denied you access to dangerous entries.

Downside of that is it allows you more entries wide but you were forced to take pot shots under pressure from tight angles while we kicked our goals 30 out straight in front all night.

Your accuracy and entry numbers are down to that, we controlled how you went forward almost all game and that's why you never got close.

We are kicking most of the harder goals and missing the corridor ones though. I think our accuracy problems are down to fatigue, we don't have the depth to cover midfield injuries and our forwards are having to get further up the ground. We are clearly improved, but need to keep stacking players for another 2 off seasons I think before we are ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Bombers v Blues Sun June 9th 7:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back