Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Cats v Port Fri May 10th 7:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To the level Geelong fans booed tonight, yes it was out of the ordinary and quite noticeable.

Cats didn’t get a free kick from memory until about 15 minutes into the first quarter. Not a whinge because it had no impact on the game at all but there were plenty that got missed and a lot later in the game that got paid that were probably for very little. And we probably got plenty later on for nothing as well but what crowd in history is going to observe ‘oh hey we got some cheap frees so we won’t boo when the opposition gets them too.’

FWIW, I reckon the umpire tried to fudge it for Geelong by not allowing Advantage. I reckon he thought it was a shank kick to a messy contest so he called it back.
In other words he didn't think it was advantage.

Complete non-issue.

Focus should be on Port climbing into the premiership contending pack, or if you want something a bit spicier - the wheels falling off at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advantage was a floating kick to a 50/50 (at best). Most of the time that ends up not being a goal and then the complaints would be about it being an incorrect advantage call. Also the Cats player was already in the motion of kicking it when the whistle went, so it's not as if they chose to take the advantage.

I think bringing it back was the right call.

Because (as a club not individuals) we don’t forget who we are and try to be something we’re not.
Yes you are bogan, but thsts nothing to be proud about. Just shows ignorance, low intelligence and massive insecurities.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

There shouldn’t have been two whistles as Geelong always had an advantage.
Not when the ball was in a high ball contested marking situation. Cmon be serious, the correct call is for Geelong to retain the ball via the free kick.

Cats didn’t get a free kick from memory until about 15 minutes into the first quarter. Not a whinge because it had no impact on the game at all but there were plenty that got missed and a lot later in the game that got paid that were probably for very little. And we probably got plenty later on for nothing as well but what crowd in history is going to observe ‘oh hey we got some cheap frees so we won’t boo when the opposition gets them too.’
Ah, so the story as quickly changed from "normal" to "reasons". Sure :thumbsu:

Not when the ball was in a high ball contested marking situation. Cmon be serious, the correct call is for Geelong to retain the ball via the free kick.

I agree, can't call advantage once everyone has stopped on the whistle.

Shouldn't have waited a quarter to turn up or playing a big ****ing Spud in the ruck who can't even beat a 4th stringer.

Back