Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite clinical really, which is saying something in a PF.
They all had that steely look after the win and with the song that next week is when we will all truly celebrate.

I'll repeat my slightly altered chant that I started the week after our last Port game..
Only need 6 in a row - 5 down and 1 to go.

I will probably be heading over to South Melbourne next week (Probably Wednesday or Thursday) will try take as many photos of Swans photos and posters flying there and post them here (ir that's okay mods)

I used to live around there (Middle Park) several years/a lifetime.ago, but believe me the proud town of South Melbourne has never forgotten the Swans and will never let the Bloods go.

Missing Jim Main

images

I used to piss him off writing troll letters to inside football (Jim's Mailbag) many years ago, he was a lovable old grump though.

Very professional but slightly patchy performance.

Back line was exemplary , midfield/ruck made it a contest, fwds did a good job…Parker was outstanding, Amarty went up a step, Paps was Paps.

Stand outs- Heeney, Florent, Parker, Blakey, Warner, Macartin, Amartey.
Amartey was huge in every aspect.

I know we made another GF, but I had no idea it would be as easy in the end.

Port won the last 8 against us stretching back to 2016, and it really didn't look like it tonight.

We just looked like the better team all night. We are the Swans! Great team!

FURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKR

An extra days break and we saved a lot of energy and potential knocks by sharing the ball around slowly in the last quarter. Hope they bash one another tomorrow.
My preference is the Cats. I will deck out my car in red and white and take the Swansmobile on a tour of my home town of Geelong if we can get up. Maybe detour around Corio, Norlane and Whittington.

we can at least just enjoy tomorrow's game ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations. Destroyed us and we didn’t have a winner in any position including the coaches box.

Hoping you take it out from here.

Port could learn a lot from a winning club like yours.
Thanks. Commiserations you played well but I feel last week just took a lot out of your boys.

Really pleased at the contested marking especially the down the line kicks to the tall forwards. All three key forwards really did their job in allowing that ball to come out of defence.
Yep, made a huge difference when the game was in the balance. Hope Amartey keeps proving me wrong, he was immense tonight. McLean, Logan, all excellent.

Biggest howler

Heeney tackle on Dew umpire 12 right there makes no call.

Inexplicable

They gave us a few questionable ones too in the end which made the umps look even more hopeless.

our turnover game won it in the end but a few Port goals converted and that early umpiring could have made things a bit different. In the end we took the umps out of it and Ken Hinkley was all class in acknowledging the Swans played well.

We had the demons of not beating Port for years but the pressure on Port for not achieving at Prelim stage would weigh heavily. Such a mental hurdle for footballers before the ball is even bounced.

I've concluded The Squiggle is crying into its motherboard. We've made a complete fool of its AI ass.
I’m not sure squiggle is actually AI, I think it’s just a mathematical equation lol

Assuming Mills is back and Logan is fine, you would think Fox would drop out. The question is then who is sub? It might come down to match ups.

An alternative would be dropping Roberts and keeping Fox as sub?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back