Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent win against a tiring opponent. The pressure wasn't Prelim worthy as they were leggy, and us a bit underdone, or realising we could just wear them down and win.

Clearances and free kick count a real worry, though the stats evened up quite a bit in the last when the game was done. Door ajar for Adams to at least be the sub next week IMHO. So if we are behind and getting belted we have an option of changing something up in the middle.
Real dilemna though cause if we lose a tall down back...most likely to go in with no changes. If anyone vulnerable in the starting team it might be Cambpell for Adams?

Again Warner had zero clearances in the first half and ended with 5. He's going to have to turn up for a whole game next week if we are any chance. I'd trade 2 goals of his for 5 clearances in the first half tbh.

Great to see the forwards leading into space and marking.
Not sure how Papley got three goals, I barely remember him being there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is a worry

i thought grundy got better further into the game, and there were some flashes of his early season form, a few things didn't quite go right but i don't think he's a worry at all ... and seriously, you think we'll drop him now, for a grand final?
he was fine ... i don't think any player tonight deserves to drop out

maybe injuries play a part, but unless something structural emerges, i don't think mcdonald looked in any real trouble after the game, and there didn't look any serious discolouration or swelling when they showed a close-up of him cutting bandage off it (if that's what that was, i had sound down for a lot of the commentary) after he came off the second time
blakey was hobbling but that seemed nothing more than cramp
was there anyone else?

the issue might be more who makes way if indeed mills proves his fitness ... but that's still hard to imagine
otherwise, surely none of that team tonight gets axed

i thought grundy got better further into the game, and there were some flashes of his early season form, a few things didn't quite go right but i don't think he's a worry at all ... and seriously, you think we'll drop him now, for a grand final?
he was fine ... i don't think any player tonight deserves to drop out

maybe injuries play a part, but unless something structural emerges, i don't think mcdonald looked in any real trouble after the game, and there didn't look any serious discolouration or swelling when they showed a close-up of him cutting bandage off it (if that's what that was, i had sound down for a lot of the commentary) after he came off the second time
blakey was hobbling but that seemed nothing more than cramp
was there anyone else?

the issue might be more who makes way if indeed mills proves his fitness ... but that's still hard to imagine
otherwise, surely none of that team tonight gets axed

I agree with you Grundy got better as it went, he was fine in the end

Agree with C88, thought our talls at either end were fantastic. Able to defended their entries and exit the 50 well and compete forward of the ball to win territory, which was non existent against GWS. Was key to the win.

How can Leigh Montagna be considered elite by saying we won all 4 quarters? We lost the last quarter, he’s so overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back