Autopsy Blew our chances against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that season was a s**t show overall

im glad they had some fight

but we pissed away a year overall imo sorry.

going s**t and clawing back into the 8 is like starting s**t tonight and fighting back, yeah a good effort but whats a good effort get you

I am sorry but we are better than or at least as good as the 4 teams playing next week, ****ed the season, and sorry most wont agree and will be super proud we just competed, but * that, this side is better than that

Fitness staff can go and the players need to execute under pressure
Injuries played a huge part. Not the only reason of course but at one stage we were losing players weekly. I don't know I feel like it was just one of those seasons where everything kept going wrong. I'm just glad we made the 8, I know it's crap we lost tonight but I think playing finals is invaluable. I'm really optimistic for next season.

Looked very ugly early on but battled on and had a much better second half. Feels like we have an excellent core of players but could slip if we don't get some improvement across the board with the younger players and hopefully get a couple of decent players recruited in the off season.
Not happy about the loss but our Achilles heel of poor goal kicking came back to bite us and wasn't the only time this year.
Congratulations to Ruck Jesus on his career gave everything but you could see he was on his last legs at this level.
Get a decent break this year for the off season and hopefully we get a better run with injuries next year.

Injuries played a huge part. Not the only reason of course but at one stage we were losing players weekly. I don't know I feel like it was just one of those seasons where everything kept going wrong. I'm just glad we made the 8, I know it's crap we lost tonight but I think playing finals is invaluable. I'm really optimistic for next season.

I'll get there sorry

This doesn't sting as much as other finals losses. We were pretty average for large patches of the season

Big off season required, Hickey replacement required he was huge tonight..

I was worried about Longmire picking Melican, he cost us one early but improved as the game went on. Fox didn't offer much when he came on.

Parkers hack kicks forward can get in the bin
Parker to Wicks spot, Sheldrick in the guts. Wicks in the bin.

Lloyd and Papley needed to go for goal instead of trying to thread needles….Lloyd in particular had Togo to the goals.

To challenge again, we need a dominant ruck, a proven KPF and a hard nosed clearance monster. The latter doesn't need to be fancy or a big name. Crouch would do.
Crouch resigned, won’t get him.

Rowbottom was especially poor tonight which you don't say often - 12 touches and only 5 tackles. Thought it should have been the kind of game he'd thrive on. Just wasn't involved much at all
Always seemed a step behind and a step slower than the carlton mids, maybe it was the speed of Cerra and walsh he couldn’t keep up with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headline sums it up! We had 4 more scoring shots.
Several of our players were huge - McLean, Gulden, Hickey, McCartin and Blakey.
Poor start. We were too stagnant with our ball movement.
However super proud of the second half of the year and effort to get back into it tonight. Bloods spirit is alive and well. Feel we are going into next year with some positivity despite the loss.

Couldn't capitalise on our chances once again. Repeatedly come up short when the moments matter. Big off-season both in improving fitness & improving on the mental side of things...

I know my fat useless ugly self will deserve a good thump for this but a fit Reid is a big answer as a guy that will mark that footy at the top of the goal square.

May his injury woes stay away and give him a pre season translating into games.

Trade period lets at least land something that we need

McCartin was great what a star and Melican was serviceable. He is a keeper may he also drink some good water in the pre season and get through unscathed.

Blakey and Gulden are super important and props to McLean he lacks in some areas but he keeps impressing with his marks.

Parker forward feels like a no brainer

Our forward line is worse than the stats show. Amartey is close to useless and McDonald seems lazy. McLean is the least talented on paper, but holds it all together almost by himself.
Some better delivery might help. The talls weren't alone in missing shots either.

Our forward line is worse than the stats show. Amartey is close to useless and McDonald seems lazy. McLean is the least talented on paper, but holds it all together almost by himself.

Don’t think McDonald is lazy but with amartey he needs to make it as a ruck forward or not at all. He’s got zero capacity to influence the game currently unless everything goes his way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back