Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 11 v St.Kilda @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been in great WAFL form and deserves a go. Has decent pace, can hit a target and has shown he's capable when playing in the midfield at WAFL level except he only ever gets placed in the forward pocket at AFL level.

I know it was against Melbourne, but his left foot looked great up around the wing and flanks.

Out: A.Selwood Sheppard Embley
In: Wilson Mcginnity Waters

Butler Brown Glass
Waters Mackenzie Hurn
Gaff Priddis Hurn
Masten Kennedy Hill
Lecras Darling Cox

Ruck: Natanui S.Selwood Shuey
Int: Mcginnity Kerr Wilson Sub: Hutchings

Wilson must be close to getting a game..

We probably have a shit load of coaches. But can one of them teach the players to tackle.

I want Dick in. I wanna see what he can do and this year is toast.

Got a solid 1 goal in the WAFL. I understand that it would be pretty exciting and all to have him come in after everything, but by the sounds of it he didn't have a real flash game.

Think our best chance of new blood in the team is Wilson. Although Waters might be back, but really they should hold him over until after the bye.

I wish Newman was fit (and out of trouble) though, would be something completely different in our line up.

I don't think we really have a personnel problem atm its mostly a team/strategic/structural problem. Its the coaches that need to lift.
That said i have some minor changes.

Out: A Selwood, Butler
In: Mginnity, Waters

Adds a bit of pace, grunt and heart to the side. We look very slow on subi these days. The problem our side has is our rebound from defence and midfield. The midfield can't be fixed with the personnel we have (the only player we have to come back in is wellingham). We need to change structures and recruit at the end of the year.

I don't think we really have a personnel problem atm its mostly a team/strategic/structural problem. Its the coaches that need to lift.
That said i have some minor changes.

Out: A Selwood, Butler
In: Mginnity, Waters

Adds a bit of pace, grunt and heart to the side. We look very slow on subi these days. The problem our side has is our rebound from defence and midfield. The midfield can't be fixed with the personnel we have (the only player we have to come back in is wellingham). We need to change structures and recruit at the end of the year.

Stop making a lot of sense! :p

The team as a whole was flat tonight, and tactical inflexibility killed us.

The frightening thing was I couldn't think of any personnel that could immediately improve our problems, and were fit, in form and available.

With that in mind...

IN: Waters (if fit), Dalziell
OUT: A. Selwood, Embley

Hams needs to be rewarded for WAFL form but Hutchings worked hard tonight and doesn't deserve to be dropped, while Sheppard needs to played in his preferred position.

The team as a whole was flat tonight, and tactical inflexibility killed us.

The frightening thing was I couldn't think of any personnel that could immediately improve our problems, and were fit, in form and available.

With that in mind...

IN: Waters (if fit), Dalziell
OUT: A. Selwood, Embley

Hams needs to be rewarded for WAFL form but Hutchings worked hard tonight and doesn't deserve to be dropped, while Sheppard needs to played in his preferred position.
As much as it pains me to write this. I wouldn't actually be against dropping LeCras for Hams. He really has been utter shite the last few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as it pains me to write this. I wouldn't actually be against dropping LeCras for Hams. He really has been utter shite the last few weeks.

You pretty much figured out what I was thinking. I just didn't want to say it because of...
I think that even with LeCras out of form, the disruption he causes the opposition defence alone outweighs the potential gains from Hams.

... also being true.

Our midfield is junk, bookends are good.
And those bookends will get nowhere because of that junk midfield.

I am at a loss for changes, nobody gives a rats bar a handful.

And they'll all be out having a drink on their large salaries. Should give that pay check to charity, didnt earn it tonight

McGinnity got thumped by Bristow and Dick has has one good game this season (and that was several weeks back). Sadly the only alternatives we have from the WAFL in my opinion are Hams and Wilson. For mine:

Out: A.Selwood, Embley (loved your careers lads and Embles in particular is a club legend but I think time is up)
In: Waters, Wilson
Sub: Gaff

Biggest issue is work-rate rather than personall, a lot of our players weren't working anywhere near hard enough tonight, particularly defensively. I am no coaching expert but our defensive structures (starting with a non-existant forward press) were all over the shop as well.

Biggest issue is work-rate rather than personall, a lot of our players weren't working anywhere near hard enough tonight, particularly defensively. I am no coaching expert but our defensive structures (starting with a non-existant forward press) were all over the shop as well.
Fair call.

I really don't like the balance of our defence without a Schofield, Brennan or even Smith (despite me not being a fan). We don't have the pace or drive to balance 3 talls and Hurn. Butler and Selwood aren't quick enough. Alternatively, someone like McGinnity could work back off a HFF.

Need to drop Lecca, his form is shocking and there are others in the WAFL that deserve to get a game.

Waters is the only genuine best 22 player that might be fit enough to be considered for selection. If fit he's an automatic in to replace selwood. If he's still unavailable I'd like too see Wilson given a crack

Mcginnity, hams, smith, brennan and dalziell aren't significantly better than the players they'd replace and if chosen would inevitably be on the list of outs after next weeks game

Dick was poor for the sharks, still doesn't have the tank for AFL and may be injured anyway
There's no spot for Lycett
Nicoski is still building match fitness

We didn't recruit Garlett so despite him being the exact type of player we could do with right now he's unavailable

Our midfield needs fixing but for now we have to work out how to get the best from what we have because there's no one on our list who can come in and improve it other than the injured wellingham

I'd make a case and i know this is probably premature but for Colledge to have his development accelerated if we can in the second half of the year if his form permits.

We couldn't have Woosha playing the kids now, could we.

I'd make a case and i know this is probably premature but for Colledge to have his development accelerated if we can in the second half of the year if his form permits.

Midfield? Key forward? Flank?

Think he's been playing as a flank has he not? Needs to build up some WAFL form (and fitness).

I wouldn't mind (and kind of expect) Newman bobbing up for a few games in the latter half of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 11 v St.Kilda @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back