Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayne does not bomb to the opposition. If sometimes that means he slows the ball down and kicks across the ground then that’s just because he is passionate about colllingwood keeping possession. A number of times yesterday that’s exactly what happened. He had no legitimate options downfield so chose the next best option.

No chance, IMO. His crumbing presence, ball use on the spread and referred tackling pressure is underrated!

Sure if we had a Rioli or Breust or C Cameron waiting in the wings he’d be in the gun, but the only one outside the 22 that’s putting anyone under real pressure is Elliott and he’s not that type of player.

To me, he is in a group of players we have where my criticism of them is that they don’t do enough if the good things. The things he does do (other than missing the fairly easy goal in the third q) are usually pretty good. He has good closing speed and hits hard. One tackle near the boundary (I think) second quarter knocked the wind out of the guy and I heard it from where I was sitting in P11! You would not want him within ten metres coming at you if you were an opponent with the ball. I sense he is happy to hurt.

Our selectors will be rightly shit scared of the damage Grundy could do to Nank, who i slower than the Queen Mary.
They may decide to bring in another tall, so that would mean if Darcy Moore is fit, there will be a match up for him?

A goal to Grundy after the siren to give us a ninety point win and top of the ladder would be better!!!
I like your vision.

Goal after the siren.
And a ninety point win.
Genius

Our selectors will be rightly shit scared of the damage Grundy could do to Nank, who i slower than the Queen Mary.
They may decide to bring in another tall, so that would mean if Darcy Moore is fit, there will be a match up for him?

Colllingwood doesn’t select specifically for matchups. Moore will play if fit. If not I supect they may be tempted to not bring in another tall regardless of Richmond’s selections. especially as our only fit talls are zero gamers.

Mihocek can play back and was recruited as a defender (premiership VFL CHB) and will be “on call” to be swung back if needed. Grundy can also fill a hole there while Cox rucks.

Colllingwood doesn’t select specifically for matchups. Moore will play if fit. If not I supect they may be tempted to not bring in another tall, especially as our only fit talls are zero gamers.

Mihocek can play back and was recruited as a defender (premiership VFL CHB) and will be “on call” to be swung back if needed. Grundy can also fill a hole there while Cox rucks.
We have no genuine back up quality talls in the twos.
Grundy and Cox scare me.

There isn't a chance in hell Elliott plays, sick of hearing him mentioned, all going well he'll be back against the Lions in 3 weeks IMO.

Apparantly Aish is the most forward of the returning players so i reckon he comes in (all going well) against the Swans.

Fasolo will be made to bang the door down, i think he's played his last game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Moore likely going to be fit enough?

Nah... it was a dud kick... too soft and too low, but I reckon the positives outweigh the negatives..
It was not the best of kicks and not to Maynard's advantage.
But i could say the same thing regarding Pendleburys kicking the last few weeks that have resulted in turn overs.

I thought Nankervis played very well the last time Grundy played him.

I thought Nankervis played very well the last time Grundy played him.
Yes he did, but Grundy was better. If Nank isn't as good and Grundy is as good or better, then that is what I am worried about. Anyway good for footy the two biggest clubs in the land at 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back