Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

They basically said as much, and that they expected it. Apparently they were coming from such a low base, that they made the decision to load them up insanely, and force a rapid improvement - injuries are collateral damage

If it completely derails your season it's no longer in the category of collateral damage - it's a failed regime.

Even one player put on his arse by a fitness regime is one too many. There are enough injuries in the game, you don't need your training regime adding to them.

If it completely derails your season it's no longer in the category of collateral damage - it's a failed regime.

Even one player put on his arse by a fitness regime is one too many. There are enough injuries in the game, you don't need your training regime adding to them.

Except they didn't think they were ever a genuine flag shot this year, and we're willing to sacrifice this year to prepare them for a genuine tilt over the next few years.

Don't know how I feel about Tambling playing. I've watched a few games on TV of Sturt and he hasn't stood out at all and to be frank I'd rather give Kerridge a shot as he was our first draft pick. Being as that is, Tambling is a number 4 draft pick and I suppose you ought to give him every chance to prove himself ( and earn that bloody 350k he is getting) before we move him on.

Dont quote me on this but hasnt tambo been in the sturt best list 5 out of the last 6 weeks?

tambo's partner is in a class I do at uni, dying to ask her about his situation but just doesnt feel like an appropriate thing to do, so I dont, frustrating much.

Dont quote me on this but hasnt tambo been in the sturt best list 5 out of the last 6 weeks?

tambo's partner is in a class I do at uni, dying to ask her about his situation but just doesnt feel like an appropriate thing to do, so I dont, frustrating much.

Saw one of his games a couple of weeks back, was quiet in the first, but really stood out after that. Should add some good pace and hardness to our side if given a run.

Riley, McKernan and L. Thompson off the interchange and into the emergencies seems as obvious as a flare in the night to me.

That seems pretty logical to me.

With Jacobs in, one of McKernan or Jenkins has to go. Both were very average last week, and while there's not a lot between them overall, Jenkins has played far less footy, so you'd have to think there will be more upside with him. He also seems to be more switched on than McKernan.

Shaw for Luke Thompson is a given seeing that Shaw is rightly named in the side. With Shaw in, I can't see a role for Thompson.

The last player to miss is the only one that is debatable IMO. I think that Tambling will be in the 22 given that it's Mackay that's out, but it could be any one of Riley, Symes (didn't grab his chance IMO) or Johncock (not in favour).

If they decide on an extra mid-fielder then one of Riley or Symes is more likely to play, with the other as the sub, with Johncock joining Thompson and McKernan on the emergency list.

However, at this stage I'll go for Riley, Mckernan and Thompson as the interchange players.

Name him.

We've already played that game.

Regarding the changes, it comes back to whether we will stick to the structure that we have used in most games this year (i.e. Two tall forwards, a back up ruckman/forward plus Sauce). The forward six that we named is the smallest attack since the dwarfs gave snow white the flick. I think that we will go with just Walker, Tippett and Jacobs in the finals providing they are all fit and firing.

Not surprised to see Tambling as an "IN" this week, as discussed earlier. Symes & Knights have both been given 2 games to make their case, prior to being delisted at the end of the season. Now it's Tambling's turn - he either plays some impressive football or kisses his AFL career goodbye.

Of the players on the extended bench..
Jenkins is almost certain to play, given that Tippett is still on the sidelines and Walker is still wondering where the last month has gone.
Tambling is almost certain to play, partly to replace Mackay, partly to give him one last chance to resurrect his career.
Johncock is likely to play, wearing the green bib as our new "super sub".

That leaves Riley, Symes, McKernan and Thompson fighting for the one last position... Thompson is almost certainly out, given that Shaw has gone straight back into the starting 18. The last position could, realistically, go to any of them. Riley's position on the list is far from secure and Symes is a dead man walking. McKernan's ruck work will probably be required against a Bombers outfit including 2 genuine ruckmen.

My guess: McKernan gets a stay of execution; Symes & Riley miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think McKernan is too unfit to be playing AFL unless he really has to. Sounded like he pulled up sore from Saturday (according to Twitter at least), and would benefit from getting some fitness and touch in the SANFL. For that reason I wouldn't be surprised to see L Thompson remain, and Shaw spending time up forward.

Having said that I think Tambling, Johncock and Riley will make the cut.

LOL o_O
And pigs might fly too!!!

images

As much as it pains me to say it, Bling time.... Give him a go to save his career.... Who knows he could be the spark we need?

I would play Symes and Bling....
Sir you go too far!;)
Like the inclusions..Hope they all play.
Well done to him for continuing to have a crack...last chance saloon for Bling playing for AFL career insert his photo.

We've already played that game.

Regarding the changes, it comes back to whether we will stick to the structure that we have used in most games this year (i.e. Two tall forwards, a back up ruckman/forward plus Sauce). The forward six that we named is the smallest attack since the dwarfs gave snow white the flick. I think that we will go with just Walker, Tippett and Jacobs in the finals providing they are all fit and firing.

Do you mean Walker, Tippett and Jenkins, or don't you think we'll play the back up ruckman/forward?

IMO it will be Walker, Tippett and Jenkins as Sando has openly stated that he prefers to keep Tippett up forward all day if possible.

Do you mean Walker, Tippett and Jenkins, or don't you think we'll play the back up ruckman/forward?

IMO it will be Walker, Tippett and Jenkins as Sando has openly stated that he prefers to keep Tippett up forward all day if possible.

If the goal is to keep Tippett up forward all day then I think McKernan is a better option than Jenkins, his ruckwork is far better than Jenkins, who whilst improving in this regard still gets soundly beaten by most sides backup ruckman.

Long term I actually hold high hopes that Jenkins will be able to play CHF to a level such that we can allow Tippett to play the 3rd KPF/2nd Ruck role. Once he learns the proper running patterns and how to genuinely exert his influence on the game over the full 4 quarters Jenkins will make for a really good CHF IMO. For this year however, the question is whether where better off with Tippett and Walker as our full time forwards and McKernan as back up, or Walker and Jenkins as our full time forwards and Tippett as backup ruck. Come finals time, I don't think we'll want Jenkins 2nd rucking.

No Lyons? :(

Funny how pretty much all the players from the "delist/trade" thread are named on that bench this week lol.

Jenkins, McKernan, Tambling and Stiffy for mine.

Good to see Jacobs and Shaw back.

There's no hurry with Lyons, he's signed up for another 2 years, it is probably worth seeing these guys get a run considering theyre playing pretty good footy in the SANFL. Besides, Lyons has played a heap of footy of late, can't hurt him to regain some form.

I don't think so, Essendon have had mainly strain injuries (hamstrings, quads and calfs)

According to a "Prominent" South Australian sports physician over training causes collision injuries like dislocated shoulders, concussions and broken bones.

You show that naughty strawman who's boss!

Really keen to see what Bling can bring to the 2012 Crows. He seems to tick most boxes in regards to Sando's footy philosophy - I have a feeling he might seamlessly transition into to this team and could very well become a key part of our finals assault.

I love Tambling's work ethic, pace and intensity at the contest.

I just fear come finals we will have too many guys with poor decision making, fumbling under pressure and poor skill execution resulting in turnovers...and turnovers cost matches against skilful, organised, attacking sides like Hawthorn and Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back