Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Dia ****ing bolical, what the **** are we thinking?
Worse than the sando sacking decision.
God bless you Sando my love.

You referred to Tex and Betts as disgraceful and you’ve had cracks at Betts all year, despite that he’s ranked 10th on the goal kickers.

As for Murphy he should have gone, but I would have played Greenwood up forward and not brought in Douglas. We’ve seen what Douglas does up forward and it’s not much.

Douglas played well in the sanfl as a midfielder.

Also didnt think Seeds was that bad.
If the discussion is around a mid coming in as a forward, that has to be Poholke. He was better at that role than Dougie last week.in the SANFL.

Or play Greenwood as a forward. He is better than both of them up there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What going on with Pyke ,Campo and co with these selections just getting weirder and crazier .
Greenwood is essential to our team with big body that wants to contest and contested marking ability which is very lacking in team especially around ground and up forward.
Douglas before Greenwood is stupid and as only just recovered from injury is insane.
Gibbs thing don't understand as no way over last few games has he deserved to be dropped and offers skills that so many in team don't and this crap re defensive pressure well I can name many that offer less and please tell me the last time Atkind laid a decent tackle let alone a strong one that Gibbs laid in crucial time last week.
If he has issues I thought clubs offered help not put more pressure on.
Think getting too cute with selections and time moved Campo on and think Don is not so good anymore .

Atkins not bouncing OUT

I must admit at times I thought Atkins has been harshly done by but I watched the replay again. He was horrendous. Incredibly insipid performance.

There's no logic in some of the selections this year. To me it feels like Pyke is just trying anything he can to get that elusive premiership knowing this year will be his last chance. Unfortunately he could destroy the future playing group trying to get the premiership that he's not going to get.

He's learnt nothing from the 2017 GF debacle.

BTW Wilson isn't AFL quality.
If Pyke doesnt realise we are no chance of a flag this year he needs to be sacked. I wish we had Clarko at the helm. He would have gutted the team after 2017 and we would likely be contending now. I know for certain the Gibbs trade would never have happened under him. He would have resigned before allowing what we gave up.

Last edited:
Who is the bigger challenge, GWS or Richmond? When you consider that Sloane is a likely withdrawal, dropping Gibbs and Greenwood means you've lost half your midfield, replacing them with a slow and underdone M Crouch and a bloke we know won't give us Greenwood's grunt or composure. Im sorry mate, there is no justification for Douglas coming in. Not form, not runs on the board. GWS are quick and we bring in a bloke who doesn't chase and sucks under pressure.

There is no plan.

I’m not too worried about Crouch. It seems as though he’s been training over the last 3 weeks and hasn’t quite passed the final pain threshold.

What going on with Pyke ,Campo and co with these selections just getting weirder and crazier .
Greenwood is essential to our team with big body that wants to contest and contested marking ability which is very lacking in team especially around ground and up forward.
Douglas before Greenwood is stupid and as only just recovered from injury is insane.
Gibbs thing don't understand as no way over last few games has he deserved to be dropped and offers skills that so many in team don't and this crap re defensive pressure well I can name many that offer less and please tell me the last time Atkind laid a decent tackle let alone a strong one that Gibbs laid in crucial time last week.
If he has issues I thought clubs offered help not put more pressure on.
Think getting too cute with selections and time moved Campo on and think Don is not so good anymore .
It's clear that, regardless of body size, this club thinks it will win a premiership with runners rather than bid bodied midfielders. Yea,h, good luck with that.

Both of our 2 super draft picks excel at running neither will be "big bodied" midfielders.

Rob stays in ....tick, back the improving young guy
Mrouch comes in....tick, improves the team
Hartigan comes in......tick, improves the team due to GWS match ups
Douglas in...... jury out, but showed class, speed and form in the SANFL last week (according to a knowledgeable source of mine).

As we won last week we are selecting best 22 on form and balance for beating GWS. We are going all in for now, as we should.

If we win this we'll be 7 - 5.

(I'm expecting Sloane to be an out to be replaced by Gibbs or Greenwood though)

LOL at the suggestion that Douglas has become faster at age 31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played against Brisbane at the Gabba played well
Dropped against WCE at AO
Played against Melbourne in Darwin, shut down Oliver
Dropped against GWS at AO

Why are we the only ones putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5? I know its a stretch but the question should still be asked.

It's clear that, regardless of body size, this club thinks it will win a premiership with runners rather than bid bodied midfielders. Yea,h, good luck with that.

Both of our 2 super draft picks excel at running neither will be "big bodied" midfielders.
The Neale Craig mantra. We will run our way to a flag. Never worked for him and it won't work for pyke. This years selections have proven that pyke and his match commitee are out of their depth completely. The players must be scratching their head wondering wtf is going on. There is no consistency in strategy and no long term plan I can see. Smacks of a desperate coach trying to meet a clause in a contract to make the 8.

Last edited:

Both will be outside runners, and will continue to train that way keeping a light frame

they will have good and bad games being that type of player and criticized by supporters as outside players on every team in the AFL have supporters pointing the finger at them, only because you look good when youre winning but crap when youre not

Some random comments on this board, 3) Pyke is picking his best 22 based on balance and form, pretty simple.
1) It's half way through the season, we need best 22 to have a tilt.
2) Having said that, crows are not a form team, and if our best 22 can't win at home, we need to consider an 18 month plan.
1) agree totally, which is why I keep asking about McHenry. Is his continued non-selection because of size/muscle, tank, or team structure?
2) speaking of "random", an 18 month plan (why 18?) would take the Crows into December 2020. Did you mean so that we could challenge for the 2020 Flag, or 2021?
3) "best 22" is what most of the discussion in here has been about. I agree that the 22 announced is Pyke's "best 22", but debate rages about eg Atkins as just one example and about what that "best 22" is. Looks to me like the selectors don't think they can risk dropping both Mackay and Atkins (too much outside run lost? who knows?).
To me, the biggest surprise was their dropping Greenwood who is a contested beast, a strong tackler, and has a knack for extricating the ball from tight situations --- can also take a contested grab forward.

It's all opinion and conjecture, but nothing we say here is going to change who plays tomorrow.

That's great he tries hard

But results are should what gets you picked
He kicks a goal a game. It is not just effort. He gets results.

Often when we are down he is a player who gets around the players and creates something.

The "knack" of getting a free kick helps.

I realise he is borderline best 22. But he does his job and I can see why he gets games. Is also only 20 and developing quite nicely IMO.

Sounds like they think the trio of MCrouch, Greenwood and CEY wont work especially against GWS. I have had these thoughts as well it makes our midfield very one paced.

But then I would.play Thor up forward in this case. But I case it then takes away a midfield resting spot up forward.

I can kind of understand this decision.

The reasoning for Gibbs is a joke. This is exactly the game to play him. He is capable of shutting a mid down and can go forward and kick a goal.

Dropping him for this home game confirms the rumour I have been told which up till this week I though was BS.

Sounds like they think the trio of MCrouch, Greenwood and CEY wont work especially against GWS. I have had these thoughts as well it makes our midfield very one paced.

But then I would.play Thor up forward in this case. But I case it then takes away a midfield resting spot up forward.

I can kind of understand this decision.

The reasoning for Gibbs is a joke. This is exactly the game to play him. He is capable of shutting a mid down and can go forward and kick a goal.

Dropping him for this home game confirms the rumour I have been told which up till this week I though was BS.

It says to me that ADEL are worried about the pace & running of the GWS midfield ......I agree our midfield lacks pace, God i hope we play Milera thru the midfield this week

But it also is saying that Gibbs has lost some pace to play as an outside mid ......when did he become exclusively an inside mid ?

If Pyke doesnt realise we are no chance of a flag this year he needs to be sacked. I wish we had Clarko at the helm. He would have gutted the team after 2017 and we would likely be contending now. I know for certain the Gibbs trade would never have happened under him. He would have resigned before allowing what we gave up.

Just like Hawthorn are contending now after he gutted their team?

So did Petrenko. Both also fail to get involved enough to warrant being AFL footballers. Playing him hampering our chances of playing finals.
I just looked at his stat for.last week.

Yep can see an argument for dropping him. Thought he was more involved.

I.still think he is a.player to persist with though.

It says to me that ADEL are worried about the pace & running of the GWS midfield ......I agree our midfield lacks pace, God i hope we play Milera thru the midfield this week

But it also is saying that Gibbs has lost some pace to play as an outside mid ......when did he become exclusively an inside mid ?
Gibbs ain't slow. They are floundering in coming up with a reason to drop him.

In the context of the rumour I have heard this is a desired outcome from an outside party.

Just like Hawthorn are contending now after he gutted their team?
Silly comment. They won 4 flags and hardly ever went to the draft during that period. Of course they were going to fall off a cliff. The fact Clarko has them contending for the 8 this year and they were a top 4 team last year proves his brilliance. Don't hear their supporters complaining either. They are still basking in their 4 flags. You also missed the main point in that he can sum up a team better than any other coach in the league. He doesnt wait a year or two if he knows a team cannot win a flag regardless whether they were runners up or won the flag the previous year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back