Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if this is Pyke finally telling the rest of the match committee to **** off and let him do his job

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe there was some type of review and Pyke has wrestled more control over selections.

Happy with this side, although I don't see the need for Cheney. Would have swapped him for the forward pressure Murphy provides.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe there was some type of review and Pyke has wrestled more control over selections.

Happy with this side, although I don't see the need for Cheney. Would have swapped him for the forward pressure Murphy provides.
Possibly. I just think it's strange that we made six changes, three of which were unforced, when we already had 3 returning senior players.

The 'typical' Crows thing to do would be bring back any senior players and make the minimum amount of changes, usually young players getting the axe

Better personnel but strange balance. Overloaded on lockdown defenders and inside mids.

Does that mean Sloane up forward to start with?

Presumably Hampton forward.

Even if D Mac plays wing we've still got too many defenders. Could there be a wildcard switch like Kelly defensive forward on McGovern?
I was thinking this too Drugs
Milera is best in defence
Hampton Sloane fwd

Possibly. I just think it's strange that we made six changes, three of which were unforced, when we already had 3 returning senior players.

The 'typical' Crows thing to do would be bring back any senior players and make the minimum amount of changes, usually young players getting the axe

When was the last time we lost 4 in a row?

Exactly, making these unforced changes feel like a shift in selection policy. Also bringing in Hampton who seems to have been on the outer.

LUXURY, we are only missing five of our best dozen players (Betts, Lynch, McGovern, Brouch and Smith).Fortunately they are also missing some very good players.

So, both teams are missing three of their best forwards. We need to break even in the midfield and hope Tex and the KIDS can drag us over the line.

THE FOG was selected. The #Vaderlist still rules :D.
No it doesn't as both Hampton & CEY came in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: L. Brown, C. Ellis-Yolmen, D. Fogarty, C. Hampton, R. Laird, R. Sloane
OUT: E. Betts (hamstring), S. Gibson (hamstring), A. Otten (achilles), R. Atkins, M. Poholke, P. Wilson

:eek: Finally a hard call made.
It’s been really hard to make hard calls given the missing personnel we’ve had.

Tex, JJ, Fog and CEY makes for an awfully slow forward line. Probably would have liked to have left Fog out of this one if we were going with CEY.

CEY would have been a pretty good trade off as that third tall who can also go into the middle and do some grunt work.

It's a much better looking side this week with the return of the Rory's et al.

Think they will line-up something like as follows:

B: Brown, Talia, Kelly
HB: Doedee, Hartigan, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Milera
HF: Greenwood, Walker, Douglas
F: Hampton, Jenkins, Fogarty
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Gibbs
I: Cheney, CEY, Mackay, Gallucci

However, the side is a little unbalanced.

Would have preferred to have played Polholke or Murphy instead of Cheney to allow Milera to play in defence where he is a far better player.

By bringing in CEY we have picked the extra midfielder, meaning we are going to rotate midfielders forward... &/or look to play Greenwood in the Lynch role... with hopefully the opportunity to "rest" Sloane up forward at times.

Yay Milera buttreamed back to HFF no mans land where we can make sure his best asset isn't used to our advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back