List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be in a few weeks time, all I can say is this. I'm not going to Sydney for no reason and i'm not just chasing one player.
Speaking of needing 22yo inside mids ready to go, I don’t suppose Gold Coast is on your itinerary?

I think this is key. He's adamant that he's a forward and I believe has been training with the forwards in previous preseasons.

Needs to accept that his role at the WCE is as a ruck (or no role at all) and train full time for the role.
You think he chooses which group he trains with?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hutch was drafted as any position from HF to HB defending on where he fit. It was too high a talent level and rate of improvement to ignore. I don't think anyone saw his potential ability as an inside player. His athletic talent and size is amazing but it's the head on his shoulders that is the elite quality. He just needs a couple of preseasons and consistent training and play through the midfield to get there.

Xerri is a horrendous disposer of the ball as well. Bailey can be an average ruck in the future but he needs to train like a ruck as CountryLad said. He needs to put on 5+, potentially 10kg of muscle and redistribute his key mass areas and train solely as a ruck. He also needs to work on the defensive side of his game, particularly once at that point using his frame to help protect the mids and open play.

WCE are so incredibly short on developed inside mids who are AFL level something has to be done at trade. Yeo has lost most of his burst as well as some speed which was to be expected. Kelly was never an inside mid and shouldn't be played there. As an inside mid at least 50% of games it's arguable whether he is AFL quality.

I have no issues in spending up on getting established players who can play inside and particularly inside and out as people are right. Currently our inside midfield bats to 3 and one of them was a first year 18/19 year old.
Yeah before the last MSD his coach or someone associated with him said he would definitely be able to be a wingman. Probably the role we envisaged him in. If he did excel in the wing position that'd be a huge win for us too.
Very small sample size but if he can keep going as an inside mid next season to a high level it really puts our rebuild way ahead of schedule

Last edited:
FOS 3.2 and 18ds
Seems to hit the score board recently. I reckon Roos will take him and Tigers Jagga.

Levi only 17ds

Yeah, I think Jagga to Richmond seems likely

I have little idea what North will do at 2, I think they could reach on Trainor, if they stay put it’ll be him or FOS imo. Think they’ll try and trade down though as the players they need are Trainor, Shanahan or Armstrong and Berry imo

Yeah, I think Jagga to Richmond seems likely

I have little idea what North will do at 2, I think they could reach on Trainor, if they stay put it’ll be him or FOS imo. Think they’ll try and trade down though as the players they need are Trainor, Shanahan or Armstrong and Berry imo
I’d keep a watch on Adelaide, GCS and Freo trading up to North’s pick 2.

I also wouldn’t discount them taking Smillie or Langford at 2, both were BOG again in their respective games.

We need another inside bull.
We need a balanced in/out mid
We need 2 wingman
We need elite half back flankers who can run and carry and not turn the ball over

Should play chesser & ginbey as half back flankers.

Kelly should be that balanced in/out mid

Harley & yeo should be our 2 inside bulls. Definetly need another 2 for depth.

Theres plenty to be done to get this midfield up to just being competent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure I saw a stat pop up on the screen yesterday that had us leading hit outs to advantage 9-7 at one stage early yesterday?
They also had double our disposal count at one point. We really need an accumulating ball pig who keeps busy and helps link up play.

If Langford is smart he'll pick up a 'minor injury' so he can't do testing at the combine. His results speak for themselves.
Would you pick at our first or if we had a later top 10 pick
Also would you take Urquhart with a late 2nd if we get one in the barrass trade(or somewhere else)

Also I worry that Barnett is a wingman in an oversized ruckmans body. Hopefully he can show something down back.

I still don't think Archer Reid is a forward. He could make it as a forward but I think he could be a great key back.
So archer reid is a Rory lobb
clone

WCE_phil Cheers for the somewhat positive info about our trade targets. Do you know what position the club sees Hutchinson playing long term? He was literally the only shining light for and showed A LOT as an inside mid in half a game. I'm worried they'll just put him back where they think he should be as a hff.

Also do you work for the club or do you have an inside source?

Should play chesser & ginbey as half back flankers.

Kelly should be that balanced in/out mid

Harley & yeo should be our 2 inside bulls. Definetly need another 2 for depth.

Theres plenty to be done to get this midfield up to just being competent.
You can't count Yeo and Kelly. They're almost done. We need their replacements now, to develop and be ready to slot in when both Yeo and Kelly's bodies final them....and that'll be quicker than you realise.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We will see.

Has all the attributes an afl player needs and kicking goals recently. Accumulation has been an issue for him this year but the Roos don’t need another one of those.
All they've drafted is HFF/mids for the past 4 years and they just picked up Duursma last year.

Picking up yet another of the exact same type of player is probably exactly what I expect them to do, because it's dumb as shit.

If Langford is smart he'll pick up a 'minor injury' so he can't do testing at the combine. His results speak for themselves.
33 disposals and 4 goals is a big day out.
Will have a look at that game during the week.
Have you had much of a look at Shanahan yet, another 6 goals? He’s had the best month of footy out of anyone really and it will be interesting which club/clubs come hard for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back