List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea hopefully but he is settled in Sydney so lets hope Flynn can convince him
He is due back from injury in 3 weeks so will see how he comes back and if he gets back in the team straight away
Have you heard about Perryman too? Love us to have a crack at him as well.

It's hard to see a spot for Darling once OA is back.

IMO, it's time for a forward paradigm shift. BEagles leader/break glass in case of emergency.
Play the younger guys with Waterman and OA as the centrepieces.
Maric and Darling with duking it out. I think Darling can easily have Maric number

Can you ask him his weight while you're at it? Can't find it anywhere.....
cf890fd0-4dad-4dc6-9d41-b81cb8d2e724_text.gif

Relocated to Sydney and is now in the Swans academy.

Surely that’s a pisstake

If the northern clubs are going to be allowed to relocate players from interstate into their academies it’s time to shut the ****ing things down

Surely that’s a pisstake

If the northern clubs are going to be allowed to relocate players from interstate into their academies it’s time to shut the ****ing things down
Laura Kane intimated today that the clubs are on notice that changes may very well happen this year to NGA and FS. Her tone was quite revealing that it is more likely this year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you mate but I'd cut others first.

Out
Gaff
Sheed (pay-out - trade token pick)
L.Edwards
Z.Trew
J.Rotham
J.Baker
T.Cole (Trade)
JJ (last cut depending on FA/RFA/Draft pick ups)
As I said, tough or bold calls. Cole is a bold call, but I don’t hate it. Not sure there’d be many suitors, at least not offering much. Sheed does look done but I suspect we’re not cancelling contracts early. My hope would be a break glass in case of emergency mature body.

LOL.😂. What is bewildering is that it has taken so called football professionals this long to realise the whole system is a piss take.

This issue has been a decade in the making with first GWS banking top 10 pick after top 10 pick only to keep selling them on the cheap back to big vic clubs, and now Gold Coast banking picks year after year to build a war chest for top draftees they only have access to.

As with all things AFL, they only react when it becomes so ****ing obvious that even their usual obliviousness can no longer be an excuse. Now we should just let the whole shitshow of a system go for one more year, good one Sen.

I for one look forward to the next system which will no doubt show yet again how inept the AFL is at running a truly national competition.

Last edited:
Busslinger 15K 8H 9M in VFL loss to the Swans, barely saw any of the game so can’t comment on how good the possessions were but the Dogs certainly looked undersized.

LOL.😂. What is bewildering is that it has taken so called football professionals this long to realise the whole system is a piss take.

This issue has been a decade in the making with first GWS banking top 10 pick after top 10 pick only to keep selling them on the cheap back to big vic clubs, and now Gold Coast banking picks year after year to build a war chest for top draftees they only have access to.

As with all things AFL, they only react when it becomes so ****ing obvious that even their usual obliviousness can no longer be an excuse. Now we should just let the whole shitshow of a system go for one more year, good one Sen.

I for one look forward to the next system which will no doubt show yet again how inept the AFL is at running a truly national competition.

100%. Total BS saying what about the clubs planning for this draft and matchnng bids.

Well you still can people. It just wont be at the ridiculous discounts that clubs have rorted year after year.

Clubs still get their player. They just dont get to double dip and trade in good future picks and pay for top talent with crappy later picks.

Everyone pays closer to fair market value. Starting now.

How can anyone defend one more year of rorting an obvious unfair system.

Busslinger 15K 8H 9M in VFL loss to the Swans, barely saw any of the game so can’t comment on how good the possessions were but the Dogs certainly looked undersized.
Dogs didn't need him to demolish freo . Can't see many changes to their team

With naughton and Darcy due back soon I think buss might have missed his chance

I can't understand why it hasn't simply been you need to match a selection by using a pick in the same round. Fo

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Initially that’s how it was set up but then Sydney got Isaac Heeney who was top 3 on talent in his draft year (2014) by using their R1 pick which was 18 since they made the GF that year

Then the points system was brought in the following year when they got Callum Mills at pick 3 after trading down from pick 14 to get sufficient points with a bunch of picks in the 30’s and 40’s

What needs to happen is to set the points up correctly so that clubs pay fair value. Even if it means having to trade up to get sufficient points

Initially that’s how it was set up but then Sydney got Isaac Heeney who was top 3 on talent in his draft year (2014) by using their R1 pick which was 18 since they made the GF that year

Then the points system was brought in the following year when they got Callum Mills at pick 3 after trading down from pick 14 to get sufficient points with a bunch of picks in the 30’s and 40’s

What needs to happen is to set the points up correctly so that clubs pay fair value. Even if it means having to trade up to get sufficient points
There should also be no % discount.

Priority access is your reward .

You forgot your emojo. ;)
You know, you could have just rolled with the tongue in cheek stuff.
Where did Ashcroft and Hodge immigrate from again?
You mean the QLD born and bred Ashcrofts?

Immigrated from the Gold Coast academy.

And Blakey at the Swans?

Blakey considers himself a new south welshman. He said, when he nominated the Swans, that he wanted to stay home, similar to Murphy years ago, when he said he didn't want to nominate Brisbane as a father son, as he wanted to stay in Melbourne.

Born in Melbourne, left at 2 and then lived in Brisbane until 6, then grew up in NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back