List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this isn’t how it is… freo totally get the best of the lot with this rub.
Isn’t it just aligned to WAFL zones?

Naitanui Academy Recruiting Zones​

• Players residing in metro zones aligned to East Perth, Perth, Subiaco, and Swan Districts
  • Players residing in regional zones aligned to East Perth, Perth, Subiaco, Swan Districts and Claremont’s Great Southern district.
Have to be signed up to the Academy by the year they turn 15 to qualify I believe. We should be putting a lot of coin into this. Also should start seeing some FS coming through.

Setterfield and Parish are not names I expected to come up but make sense for both clubs in a way. Takes a little pressure off the kids and allows to develop the kids in the second units and WAFL.

Yeo and Setterfield might not be the ideal centre square set up though.
Big difference in price. Setters is a great fit especially for the cost and has played a role for Dons on his games this year.

Yeo could move back to half back too, at least he gives some drive out of there.

Yes they are both mids, very true.

Trew is more of an extractor, Dev is more of a defensive mid.
Dev can sit in another position and not be completely useless too. A huge + for Dev
Why is Dev more of a defensive mid over tree? What attributes does he have that actually suggest that?

It’s pretty irrelevant there talent in their second position. Both unlikely talent wise to ever make it in their main.

There is zero to suggest that dev is any more valuable than trew.

Yes they are both mids, very true.

Trew is more of an extractor, Dev is more of a defensive mid.
Dev can sit in another position and not be completely useless too. A huge + for Dev
The difference isnt between Dev and Trew. Its whats the difference between say Jack Carroll and Dev

Id say its not enough to pursue Dev over Carroll for given the history

The 3 year Yeo deal was ridiculous.

We really need to roll the dice at the trade table in October. Barrass & Ryan have currency and should be traded I reckon. If we can have 5 picks (including priority comp pick) that will help immensely for seasons ahead.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds good in theory, but honestly in the last 5 years, who is an actual player that the club has developed into a out and out gun, or even shown signs of?

Our development pathways over the last couple of years are pathetic and embarrassing. If the above is true, then add Development Programs to the list of things needing and overhaul within the club.

Knowing WC the past few years, we might have a Diacos MkII in our NGA, but he will turn out to be the next Partington
Oscar Allen
Jake Waterman

Others showing potential:
Brady Hough
J Williams

I dont think it matters too much if its an ideal setup tbh. As long as we stop getting smashed in there its a win.

If it prolongs Yeos career by allowing him to do stints in the backline(maybe even play there full time), it also covers for the likes of JJ/Witho being delisted with an experienced player.
So we shouldn’t pursue a 23 year old Chad Warner because we have a soon to be 31 year old Yeo who is a pure attacking mid (despite winning AA at HB, HF and spending parts of his career as a defensive/two-way mid).

However if we recruited checks notes Will Setterfield (26) out of the VFL then we could restructure and play Yeo full-time in the backline.

Drug use detected ✅
Opinion rejected ✅

The difference isnt between Dev and Trew. Its whats the difference between say Jack Carroll and Dev

Id say its not enough to pursue Dev over Carroll for given the history
Jack Carroll over Dev 100%.

I’m in the Dev over Trew camp.

Garcia and Sheldrick over all.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but probably rough realistic look if we get involved in a trade back? Depends on Baker and Rioli obviously, and possibly Bolton. Richmond and GC have a load of later picks so they are probably shuffled about too.

RICH IN: 9,10, 15
RICH OUT: Baker, Rioli

GC IN: Rioli
GC OUT: 9,10

FREO IN: 2, 23
FREO OUT: 7, 11, 15

WC IN: 7, 11, Baker
WC OUT: 2, 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but probably rough realistic look if we get involved in a trade back? Depends on Baker and Rioli obviously, and possibly Bolton. Richmond and GC have a load of later picks so they are probably shuffled about too.

RICH IN: 9,10, 15
RICH OUT: Baker, Rioli

GC IN: Rioli
GC OUT: 9,10

FREO IN: 2, 23
FREO OUT: 7, 11, 15

WC IN: 7, 11, Baker
WC OUT: 2, 23
Rioli worth pick 9 & 10? If that’s what the Suns will pay then they are the gift to Melbourne clubs that just keeps on giving.

They are very different players
And both aren't very good.

Just take a punt on an untired kid instead of getting players like JJ and others who don't play regular footy at other clubs.

Sure, you might jag the odd one, but usually there's a reason they're not getting games and it's because they aren't very good.

Chesser is substantiated puss. How he got selected again I don't know.
He didn't have a lot of possessions, but from what I did she, he was clean with them and effective. Compare that to Trew, who got more possessions but did very little with them and made some absolute clangers. I feel there's something to work with with Chesser, not so much Trew.

It won't happen because the gap between WCs first pick and Freo's first pick is minor (thanks pies and shultz).
It’s a wait and see, especially this season.

Saints could get a band 1.

Eagles might not win another game.

Richmond and North both have more winnable games than the Eagles.

Could still be a gap of 7-8 picks. Which is a bit depending on a clubs draft board

He didn't have a lot of possessions, but from what I did she, he was clean with them and effective. Compare that to Trew, who got more possessions but did very little with them and made some absolute clangers. I feel there's something to work with with Chesser, not so much Trew.
Chesser hasn't progressed at all and had a lot of chances. Averaging 10 touches across 19 games.

Trew got 21 touches, 4 marks and 8 tackles, 5 clearances against Brisbane and played well. More than what Chesser has ever done in a game.

Chesser hasn't progressed at all and had a lot of chances. Averaging 10 touches across 19 games.

Trew got 21 touches, 4 marks and 8 tackles, 5 clearances against Brisbane and played well. More than what Chesser has ever done in a game.

Thats not fair, the Eagles need 6-7 years to find out if they can play. All other clubs know within a year or two at most. We wait for our players to have grandchildren before we tell them they can't play.

Chesser has a skill set that you have to keep working with. Clearly hasn’t got the IQ atm to play wing. Drafted as a HBF/mid I believe and yet hardly played there. Looks great in traffic but very rarely finds the easy ball.

Need to move him to the hbf in the magoos and see what he can do.

I thin Maric and Duggan should be our wings going forward.

Three strong senior SANFL performances in a row now for my current choice for number 1 draft pick Sid Draper. He split his time pretty evenly between onball and half forward, and it was arguably at half forward where he did most of his damage in this game showing his potential versatility as a prospect. In a brilliant sequence late in the third quarter Draper was pivotal in a three goal burst for Souths, booting 1 goal himself and directly assisting two more, effectively sealing the game.

Chesser had more effective touches against the Saints than Trew did. Yes, he needs to get more of the ball, but at least we know he's good with the ball in hand. It's up to the club to find out where he's best suited to get more of the ball.

Sigh…

Simmo thread has shut down so no where to vent after a loss. Some of it’s finest are making there way to the draft thread. Big blanket statements that are massively over exaggerated incoming. We already had that Sgio bloke in here for that.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back