List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance there’s some shenanigans being played with O’Sullivan?

I mean his injury was a finger for christs sake not hamstrings/lower leg.

It's going to be interesting how we go about our off season.

Give or take, we have about 15 blokes to cull over the next 2 off seasons. With a draft hand of 3, 23, 59, that is nowhere near good enough for our list needs, particularly if we give up draft capital for baker. We need 5 picks in the top 50, not 2 in the top 60.

It probably forces our hand to split our 1st, and we absolutely have to be open to trading anyone over 21 whose name isnt Oscar.

If we don't improve our draft hand we are sleep walking through this rebuild and will be here for a very long time.

Ginbey ain’t going to be midfielder. He’s just had his most natural looking game, as of course in Eagles fashion…..a hb flanker. The way the game is going, possession and skills will be emphasized more and more with the diminishing contest game and tackling being completely stripped back. Erasmus and Dev Rob use the ball skills are not what we need in a team that struggled to hit rudimentary kicks. (See the amount of missed 15m-30m kicks yesterday in an indoor stadium
It looks more natural because it’s just a way easier position to play.

It's going to be interesting how we go about our off season.

Give or take, we have about 15 blokes to cull over the next 2 off seasons. With a draft hand of 3, 23, 59, that is nowhere near good enough for our list needs, particularly if we give up draft capital for baker. We need 5 picks in the top 50, not 2 in the top 60.

It probably forces our hand to split our 1st, and we absolutely have to be open to trading anyone over 21 whose name isnt Oscar.

If we don't improve our draft hand we are sleep walking through this rebuild and will be here for a very long time.

Free agent and a couple of priority picks will save us .

Heard Jack Carroll had a decent game. Will be interesting to see if we can get these blokes over the line and how we do it and which ones would be the preferred trade and cost.

Sheldrick- best fit for what we need imo but would cost a bit imo but already have 2 picks in the top 20 so not sure they’ll want one this year unless they plan a bundle. Might be part of a possible TB trade?

Garcia- Looks a great fit and would get a lot of CBA straight up. Hopefully tagt helps the sell along with $$. OCC so helps and if the mail he’s toured the Cats and now on the outer is true. If we can get him over line, he might be prepared to use the PSD threat. Reported Power interested too.

Carroll, 2026 3rd pick? Theyll need points for Walker probably. Still not sure he leaves but can find it and has shown he’s not full vanilla in his few opportunities.

Dev- Will be cheap imo, 4th round pick swap. They talked him into staying and slim chance of getting games from next year. Will play with heart and bring a little of intensity to the team. Could play and Keays role down the track once the next mids are ready to take over.

I think they’d offer a 2nd to move up but I’m not sure I’d slide down two spots for a mid / late 2nd.

If they want him badly enough, would they put their F1 on the table if we sent our F2 back too?

Doubt it, but that’s what I’d be asking for.
Maybe 3 spots if the saints get the band 1

My dream off season - I don’t think any of these deals are that unrealistic either personally although I accept none will probably happen lol.

Sign Tim English via free agency

Trades:
WC give: Barrass
WC get from Dogs: Pick 13 (Smith pick from Cats) & Garcia

WC give: 2 or 3 & 23
WC get from Suns: 7,10,28 & Davies

WC give: Bailey Williams
WC get from Dees: 38

WC give: 28, 38, F3
WC get from Lions: 16, F3

Hit the draft with 7,10,13 and 16

Finn O’Sullivan would've played for school this weekend - Xavier. All APS went back to school level footy.

Brighton played Haileybury in pretty much the grand final decider. Trainor took a mark from 3 deep to have a shot with not long to go, to win the game. Kicked a point and Brighton won by a point.

Harry Armstrong (kicked 5 for Vic metro last week) was well held by Trainor, only 1 goal. Which was a handball over the top.

Ashcroft, Oliver, Trainor and Hoffman all at Brighton.

Ginbey is our defensive mid, he was top 5 in the AFL for tackles midway through his first year. Duggan rolls through from defense. Yeo can easily go back to doing defensive jobs in the midfield if required, as he has done plenty throughout his career. Hall is still trying to get in the team and has a good frame and work ethic, Culley too.

We don’t have to go looking for defensive mids. We should be able to give a run with role to the worst mid in the side. Or rotate through the existing guys mentioned. Otherwise sure a fringe guy like Dev Rob, Sheldrick, Garcia even Erasmus if available cheap.
Thats not quite what I mean. We need a Dunkley/Rowbottom/Drew/Durham style mid, who can do that job RIGHT NOW. Ginbey cant do it right now, Hall isnt it, Culley isnt it, Trew isnt it.
Duggan is the guy id have liked to be this person, but they keep playing him at half back.
They need to be a bit of an all rounder, but defensive minded and tackle first
Attacking, powerful, explosive mids are the difference makers. Dusty, Petracca, De Goey etc. And it’s okay to have more than one. Yeo is 30+ with injury concerns, Hewett has missed two years of footy and is now a huge unknown.

That leaves Harley who is no guarantee to stay, especially when he looks around and realises he is going to have to carry the team for the next 10 years. Put some more star power around him like Warner and it will ease the weight on his shoulders and go some way to keeping him long term.
We have Yeo, Reid, Hewett, Kelly, Chesser(hopefully) who are ALL attacking mids like the guys you listed here.
We need to complement these guys, not add more of the same
Reid cant do his thing when the ball is walked out of stoppage by the opposition every time with no resistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handball gets podcast. Rolled out that English year to date has not won a hit out contest head to head.

Given he rucks solo this is pretty concerning especially against clubs that roll two rucks.

No idea on last night's game

*he won

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
He won it unconvincingly against a full back and a winger :tearsofjoy:
If it was a 1v1 SDK vs English, then English would have lost the hitouts to a guy who has played 4-5 games as a ruckman

Hes awful at it

And what's wrong with that. I would kill for a parish type as part of our midfield mix.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wonder how gettable Parish would be. I wonder if they even want him in their best 23 anymore, especially with Hobbs and Tsatas waiting for games too.
They did just sign him on a long contract, they might want out of it after seeing their midfield perform reasonably well without Parish

I wonder how gettable Parish would be. I wonder if they even want him in their best 23 anymore, especially with Hobbs and Tsatas waiting for games too.
They did just sign him on a long contract, they might want out of it after seeing their midfield perform reasonably well without Parish
Good thought but turns 27 in a couple of days and would cost a decent 1R pick. Hard pass for me, we need to use free agency to acquire players 26+ and use the picks on kids or the Buss types.

Without knowing ins and outs of Hobbs and Tsatas they may be worth making a phone call to.

IIRC - however Hobbs was vocal about ‘staying home’ Maybe he is off the teat and now ready to leave home if true.
Tsatas - cannot remember same vibes. Maybe wrong.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without knowing ins and outs of Hobbs and Tsatas they may be worth making a phone call to.

IIRC - however Hobbs was vocal about ‘staying home’ Maybe he is off the teat and now ready to leave home if true.

Hobbs already a lifelong West Coast meme/gif.

And yes, still bottlefed and has his arse wiped for him.

Tsatas foot skills would be nearly worse than any of our current players. Can find it

Hobbs apparently loves the social life. Doubt he moves over.

Setterfield would add something and OOC so wouldn’t cost much. Would help straight away. Just gotta see why he’s been at 3 clubs and maybe a 4th.

Tsatas foot skills would be nearly worse than any of our current players. Can find it

Hobbs apparently loves the social life. Doubt he moves over.

Setterfield would add something and OOC so wouldn’t cost much. Would help straight away. Just gotta see why he’s been at 3 clubs and maybe a 4th.

Cheers - so Tsatas would fit right in then.

Good thought but turns 27 in a couple of days and would cost a decent 1R pick. Hard pass for me, we need to use free agency to acquire players 26+ and use the picks on kids or the Buss types.
Not even as a salary dump? If the bombers want to make the jump to a premiership contender they need to build their midfield around Caldwell and Durham imo, and probably need 1 more A-grader

I dunno what the Bombers salary cap is like but they cant have that much space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back