List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would rather keep a 20 year old on the list than him.
We have plenty of 20 year olds tbh. We need a few guys older than 25 around.
In 2-3 years time when all the older guys retire itll be just Duggan, Allen and Waterman over 26 in the squad otherwise.

Almost sounds a bit like North Melbourne's list

Seems pretty pointless to me. Limited player and 27 next year.

You havent seen the massive void in our list in the 26 to 27 year old area?

He is free and coming in ro support the kids. Either at AFL or WAFL level.

And better than some of the younger blokes who have had their chance to make it. Definately better than Gaff and Sheed.

We have plenty of 20 year olds tbh. We need a few guys older than 25 around.
In 2-3 years time when all the older guys retire itll be just Duggan, Allen and Waterman over 26 in the squad otherwise.

Almost sounds a bit like North Melbourne's list
I agree if it was in other positions. But we already have three senior players as inside mids. It’s not a gap in the list.

How is graham getting a game?

I agree if it was in other positions. But we already have two senior players as inside mids. It’s not a gap in the list.

How is graham getting a game?
We have very few defensive minded players. All our senior mids natural game is playing offensive.

Our younger mids/hffs are not particularly defensive minded either. Ginbey maybe but he's a back man for the near future from the looks of it.

He will get a gig across half forward or mid as that defensive player

Any updates on trading in Davies, or was it all just wishful thinking from this board.
Don’t think we were ever linked to him in the media or at club level. A couple of our posters to their credit saw the potential and went early on him as a good pick up and many (myself included) got onboard. Would still like to explore it. Shit if we’re giving up our 2R I’d rather it on someone in his age bracket than Baker’s.

****ing hell. So if we acquire all of Richmond scraps we will be as good as them? Woweee.

We better not be giving Richmond picks. If we overpay Graham we will dilute our hand.

Stop it!!!!!

Wait we have to give them picks? ****ing hell. I thought it was payment and they

Geez there are some serious bed wetters posting in here overnight.

Take a chill pill ..........geez.

Everyone please.......

calm down chill out GIF

We have very few defensive minded players. All our senior mids natural game is playing offensive.

Our younger mids/hffs are not particularly defensive minded either. Ginbey maybe but he's a back man for the near future from the looks of it.

Again this would make sense if he was a good player but he’s not. He Is playing as a defensive forward with his pace.He is not getting a game as an inside mid in our current lineup. Five ahead of him at least.

There’s a reason why the Richmond board are mostly happy about this news.

We should be chasing 26 year old wingers and damaging back flankers.

Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I come in peace.

Curious to ask what Harry Edwards trade value is? Noting he is out of contract, but also starting to come on (limited sample size).

My team is 100% one of the VIC clubs targetting Harry. Suspect any deal would include Jack Carroll coming the other way.

Why would HEdwards sign now? Give me one good reason...
If barrass stays he can ask for a trade. If barrass goes then he'll get more money than he would otherwise.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
McGovern isn't going to play forever. In all the let's get rid of Barrass noise it seems no ones noticed that Gov is already the oldest player on our list.

Could mean Luke Edwards is gone!

He plays that defensive HFF role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Curious to ask what Harry Edwards trade value is? Noting he is out of contract, but also starting to come on (limited sample size).

My team is 100% one of the VIC clubs targetting Harry. Suspect any deal would include Jack Carroll coming the other way.

Canrt see the Eagles letting him go if Barrass moves. And we would have more money to offer than the Blues.

Carroll plus a F2nd only because multiple clubs are interested and we dont want to let him go. Tall defenders are fetching a premium lately.

Just dont see it happening.

Hi all,

Hard to say about trade value, he's been WAFL/injured for quite some time but finally got his body right and is showing really good signs.

I imagine WCE will do whatever they can to keep him, especially with Barrass looking to leave.

OOC though, so hard to say. Mid 2nd? Not based on form necessarily but WCE's want to keep him.

Again this would make sense if he was a good player but he’s not. He Is playing as a defensive forward with his pace.He is not getting a game as an inside mid in our current lineup. Five ahead of him at least.

What draft picks would you use on these 26 year old wingers and damaging back flankers?

Hes free. Costs 0 draft capital and should be getting Richmond band 4 compo unless we are doing some shenanigans to get Baker cheaper.

He improves the 22, and puts in effort. More than can be said for a lot of our list.

Any improvement at all is good

Hope we aren't going too far the other way in terms of trying to raise our age profile. Bringing in "mature bodies" to protect the younger players seemed to be a wish for some on this board.
Most of our delists are guys 22-27 and then older players.

If we brought in Baker and Graham to replace 5 guys in that age bracket we are delisting it's not really a concern imo

You havent seen the massive void in our list in the 26 to 27 year old area?

He is free and coming in ro support the kids. Either at AFL or WAFL level.

And better than some of the younger blokes who have had their chance to make it. Definately better than Gaff and Sheed.
If we fill this void will we be more competitive next year? Will younger guys have to sacrifice games in the seniors so that these fill ins get games? Will these 27 year olds be around in our next Premiership window? Happy to take 1 or 2 that come with very little draft cost but not at the expense of losing games to our younger squad. The old school of thought is that young players need protection from floggings, I doubt that's still the case in the modern era.

Just because something is free doesn’t mean we have to do it.

We got Jayden hunt for free if I remember correctly.

And I recall a fair few negative comments about picking up Hunt.

Very similar to what is being said now about Graham.

He is free people. A premiership player and a highly respected player at Richmond with high standards.

How about we hold off on making judgements until the end of the trade and delisting periods. We likely have payers in that age group leaving and we cant replace all of them with quality kids as we dont hold the picks.

Fast forward three months. We have Rotham, Petruccelle, J Jones, L Edwards and Barrass gone.

Plus Gaff retired, And younger delistings.

If we trade and cut deep we will need some experience coming in. As cheaply as possible.

Last edited:
A defensive mid who's slower than Jack Redden....not sure how this helps us be a better team or helps stop other teams slicing us up on the rebound. Feels like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back