List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not about performing at the same level. We are in a rebuild and have been on the bottom of the ladder for three seasons playing the same shit players. Blood young players when they are in decent wafl form.

Baker is unlikely to make it. But we already know guys like witherden, jones and Rotham aren’t A grade material. Jones and Rotham are barely D grade. There is zero harm in giving a young guy a run of games. If they are complete shit then simple decision to delist.
Baker needs to show enough in the WAFL to earn a spot. We need to stay competitive, just gifting games to every single teenager on the list is an awful idea.

Ryley Sanders VFL stats today
39 disposals
7 clearances
3 goals

Macrae had 43d 10clr and 6t in the same game so he might not even be next in. Plus the Dogs just beat the Swans so they probably aren’t changing their line up.

Sanders is constantly overlooked by Bevo and has shown frustration.

If TB is worth approximately 2 first rounders…

Sanders was 2023 pick 6
Busslinger was 2022 pick 13

What steak knives would need to go with TB to net us both young pups?

WB could then keep their Smith pick and English combo to bring in some draftees this year.

Sanders would be a great inside/outside accumulator to complement our bulls.
Didn't the dogs trade up to with gold coast get the pick they took sanders with? Trelor is 32. Sanders is his replacement. No way they let him go.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good luck on the bid being after pick 4 or 5 for Levi. I suggest Mathew Clarke at pick 2 should be calling his name out. This is not to be a smartar$e and playing games. Twomey and Fox footy have Levi as top prospect and I highly rate him. I would be delighted to have Levi joining Harley in the midfield at West Coast if we could take him with pick 2.

Don Pyke is toughening up the trenches and he will likely endorse an early bid. Remember, one way of getting better is to weaken your opposition. I truly think Norf have learnt the lesson for not bidding on clearly the best player in the draft in Daicos to stoke the ego of Horny Frank. Likewise with Darcy. It is not as if either player did not make sense for Norf in their rebuild.

With SOS at St Blunders, he will likely have pick 4 and based on his track record, Levi will not slip past him. He likes to keep clubs accountable and he loves to keep the phone lines open as long as possible for possible trades when he is on the clock.

The difference between pick 2 and pick 5 is just over 500 points which is like a mid R2 pick Matching at pick 2 for Levi and pick 25 for Marshall, the Lions are going to need 2,770 points while you currently only hold 1,388. This is a shortfall of 1,382 or pick 7. Assuming your R1 gets a premium of say 25%, that still leaves you over 1,000 points short.

That all said, Levi and Marshall would be 2 brilliant pick ups for a club tipped to be in the GF.
It is what it is. The club will do it's best, where ever the bids come. There is a pretty good chance that we'll be picking mostly (only) academy players over the next 3 drafts.

Waterman is an easy one to just let play out. If a team comes with a godfather offer this year, then deal.

Otherwise let him play motivated in 25 on a contract year. Could net us some good compo in 12 months time and gives us another season to assess our stocks and how to move fwd.

What we shouldnt do, is look to extend him now or give him away for unders (ie a pick in the teens)
Forget what this fool said. Pay the man.

Anyone who wanted to trade Waterman-you need to uppercut yourself.

Anyone who thought we would finish last - you need to uppercut yourself.

Anyone who thought the rebuild hadn't started - you need to uppercut yourself.

Umpires- you need to uppercut yourself.

Commentators - you need to uppercut yourself.

Birds of Tokyo - you need to uppercut yourself.

UP THE F-ING COASTERS!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Do Yes GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

I havent done a mega trade in ages........

Not a proper one anyway!;):cool:

The 25-33 year olds were A grade players. Graham is the furthest thing from.
Hmmm.

He’s clearly not an A grader, he’s a role player which are very important.

It’s all about balance and getting that right, which helps with one of the most important things in football….winning. So let’s enjoy before the next ‘negative’ rumour to set some off

Hmmm.

He’s clearly not an A grader, he’s a role player which are very important.

It’s all about balance and getting that right, which helps with one of the most important things in football….winning. So let’s enjoy before the next ‘negative’ rumour to set some off
Theres nothing wrong with just calling a spade a spade. Not every move the club makes need to be spun into a positive.

Theres nothing wrong with just calling a spade a spade. Not every move the club makes need to be spun into a positive.
Agreed.

Plenty of things need to be called out at this club atm…

Don’t need to all be end of the world either for signing a 25yo role player for free…. but what ever.

I've accepted we will get pick 3 which isn't ideal.

That likely means Draper and FOS is gone.

Thankfully the 3rd player who is the least risky is Jagga. So come on down Jagga.

If we wanted to play risky it's Lalor but don't know if I have the appetite unless we get Tobie as well in which case there's at least a 50/50 chance either Lalor or Tobie makes it as a mid

Thankfully the 3rd player who is the least risky is Jagga. So come on down Jagga.

If we wanted to play risky it's Lalor but don't know if I have the appetite unless we get Tobie as well in which case there's at least a 50/50 chance either Lalor or Tobie makes it as a mid
I’d be shocked if Jagga isn’t at the top of the Tigers board. We’ll have Draper or FOS available assuming we don’t split.

I think Richmond will go Jagga and North will go FOS or Trainor.

We will get one of Jagga, Draper, FOS or Smillie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back