List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arguably should have played double that. I’m not sure how you can argue it isn’t an example. To be fair we don’t have that coach anymore.

No comment on baker?

Trew: you’ve gone from “we delist them without even trying them” to “well he hasn’t played enough games”.

Baker: if you think he’s “been in great WAFL form” then you’re very easily impressed. He’s been alright. If they did a Beagles top 10 right now I’m not sure he makes it.

I’m not wrong, I said you don’t rate him that highly (as in pick 3), not that you didn’t rate him at all. You could mount an argument that just about every player is taking a chance but Draper is probably the safest best with the highest floor.
Wrong again. I do rate him highly I’ve said that several times. I just don’t think we can risk taking him on his limited performance in 2024.

Might been the midfield concerns, yes. He was a half-forward in his draft year, not a mid
Played a good stretch of 5 games mid season in the middle and had a bunch of 30+ disposal games.
However due to midfield depth around him got shuffled back forward where he was super dangerous and creative.

Especially at the champs. I rate kicking 3 goals a game and setting up others every week is just as good as 30 disposals through the guts.

Wrong again. I do rate him highly I’ve said that several times. I just don’t think we can risk taking him on his limited performance in 2024.
So you rate him at pick 3 but we shouldn’t take him at pick 3?

Humphrey came in a bit of rush around state champs time. His main knock was his goal kicking accuracy and also he did talk about his issues with mental health in an interview after the draft.
Actually he missed almost the whole season and champs, coming back for the last champs game underdone and as a full time fwd rather than mid.

Really turned on the first month/6 weeks of the season as somewhat of a Petracca clone.

Word travels slowly on Bigfooty!

Jacks a footballer thats sorta improved athletically since he got here. Doesn’t look slow or lumbering like he did. Bailey is an athlete that lacks complete footy smarts. Think when Jack hits his full maturity he’s gonna be a very strong especially at the legs and hips.

Yeah Deward has really come on in leaps and bounds this season. Tbf he has looked better that brockman all year

Yea - Jack has really started to come of age. He really stood up to Witts physically and never got pushed around in the ruck. I reckon he won as many knocks as Witts did when they competed.

Dewar gets to good spots and is clean when he gets there. I think both will become good footballers

Trew: you’ve gone from “we delist them without even trying them” to “well he hasn’t played enough games”.

Baker: if you think he’s “been in great WAFL form” then you’re very easily impressed. He’s been alright. If they did a Beagles top 10 right now I’m not sure he makes it.
We havnt played Trew nearly enough games for what his WAFL form has deserved this year and last. Why are you trying this hard to miss the point? My definition of trying them is not picking them for a few games and then never again. If Trew had played 10 games this year we would have a much clearer picture on if we should delist or not. This might still be possible with Schofield actually prioritising youth.

Baker had an extremely good game a few weeks back and he should have been picked following it. Instead we chose to play Rotham who didnt even play in the WAFL that weekend and went on to ****ing suck as always. I struggle to believe you genuinely would haved prefered rotham played. Again, Baker is very unlikely to make it but we 100% know rotham wont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who wanted to trade Waterman-you need to uppercut yourself.

Anyone who thought we would finish last - you need to uppercut yourself.

Anyone who thought the rebuild hadn't started - you need to uppercut yourself.

Umpires- you need to uppercut yourself.

Commentators - you need to uppercut yourself.

Birds of Tokyo - you need to uppercut yourself.

UP THE F-ING COASTERS!!!!
QPiCGU.gif

Yeah I know how it works, but Graham is a crab that doesn’t deserve anywhere near 22. I can see it being a favour to get a cheaper baker price.

True, but if all we’re giving up is a 2nd round pick for Baker, I don’t think that’s too bad. Now, I think we’d agree that a future 2nd would be more reasonable than giving up this year’s 2nd. Now if it’s Collingwood’s 2nd that we get for Barrass from Hawthorn, I could live with that I suppose.

True, but if all we’re giving up is a 2nd round pick for Baker, I don’t think that’s too bad. Now, I think we’d agree that a future 2nd would be more reasonable than giving up this year’s 2nd. Now if it’s Collingwood’s 2nd that we get for Barrass from Hawthorn, I could live with that I suppose.

If we turn Barrass into Hawthorn’s R1 pick plus a pick that lands us Liam Baker I’d consider that a pretty good result, especially if Hawthorn miss finals

Still keen for another elite mid. At the moment we have one of Chesser/Trew/Culley coming in for 6 touches and we just can't afford to carry that sort of performance going forward from our last-picked midfielder. Adjusting the gameplan to eliminate the gimp wing will help I guess.

Hall's played half a game of footy, Hewett's a double foot amputee, and Ginbey is a defender.

I don't know if we're splitting pick 2/3 but whatever we do our first pick better be a gun midfielder first and foremost and not a HBF with midfield potential (as good as Ginbey looks down back).

Still keen for another elite mid. At the moment we have one of Chesser/Trew/Culley coming in for 6 touches and we just can't afford to carry that sort of performance going forward from our last-picked midfielder. Adjusting the gameplan to eliminate the gimp wing will help I guess.

Hall's played half a game of footy, Hewett's a double footy amputee, and Ginbey is a defender.

I don't know if we're splitting pick 2/3 but whatever we do our first pick better be a gun midfielder first and foremost and not a HBF with midfield potential (and good as Ginbey looks down back).
Would like to see Chesser come in for Witho on a HBF. Think he could pull a Rueben back there and make us more attacking off both flanks with the ball coming to him.

By crickey you post some dribble.

Bailey played a big chunk of his draft year at CHB. I watched a few of these games and he did pretty well.

Granger-Barrass blows up after 15 minutes so I suggest you edit the post and dull it down.

After tonight’s win, the last thing I want is to read posts from you. Do us all a favour and forget to pay your internet provider
You do know he grew a MASSIVE amount after we drafted him yeah? You do know because of that he isnt the same player? You do know that his weakness overall is reading the flight of the football and because of that he isnt as good a contested mark as he could be yeah?

Thinking a player did something at 14 years olf means they can go man mark Ben King is absolute dribble. The game of AFL doesnt work that way mate

DGB has had a ton of injuries but as a free hit is worth a go to get over them and see what happens. I mean McGovern at that same age blew up after 15 minutes too. Maybe we should have delisted him?

BWilliams will most likely seek a trade if English comes in and that works for most I would’ve thought. Sounds like he considers himself a forward and he really would be 5-6th on that depth chart next year. 3rd on the ruck depth chart.

As most have said here, Dees would probably be in the hunt and would allow Petty to play back. Somehow linked to HEdwards

Would like to see Chesser come in for Witho on a HBF. Think he could pull a Rueben back there and make us more attacking off both flanks with the ball coming to him.
Makes sense and it does seem a great fit in todays footy.

Probably a preseason thing now. Let the man have a run as a midfielder in the magoos and see how that plays out for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back