List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would rather take Draper and miss out on Curtin. Pick 23 could still net us something decent in any case.
The difference between Draper and the guy we take at 4 would be minimal at this stage, a coin flip.

I'd back Curtin to comfortably be better than what we can reasonably expect from a pick 23.

It'd be negligence to not accept that trade tbh

The difference between Draper and the guy we take at 4 would be minimal at this stage, a coin flip.

I'd back Curtin to comfortably be better than what we can reasonably expect from a pick 23.

It'd be negligence to not accept that trade tbh
The Crows won’t trade Curtin, they are playing him as a mid in the 2s and that’s where they (and him) want to play him. They need more young mids, not less. What I’d prefer is make noise with the Crows that we are taking Draper at 3. Ask for Dee’s 2R (pick 27) for a one pick slide (Caddy/O’Sullivan deal) then take FOS.

I mean sure having Shai Bolton would be great, but giving up a top 3 pick for him makes absolutely zero sense for us.

So no, we don’t need to trade for Shai Bolton, it’d be the dumbest thing we could do.

As much as the allure of building a decent draft hand from Barrass leaving is strong, if he wants to leave (if) then potentially using him as the main piece to leverage a trade for Shai and Baker would be pretty appealing also.

Obviously would need a 3rd or even 4th party to get it done (minimum Hawks as that would be the destination for Barrass), but worth thought.

I don’t think 10/11 + 25 + WC F2 is enough for Richmond (Shai and Baker) and we also shouldn’t trade our first or F1 unless it’s an absolute top echelon contested/balanced mid (Shai is very good, but feel he may need the ball fed to him rather than being a 1st possession mid).

Just depends if we have fringe players who want to leave and/or have value (petch, BW, Sheed - although don’t think any really add enough value to the trade)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saw Twitter suggest that Graham is running with Sheezel. 12 touches to half time with 72% coming in the defensive half. Graham has 10 of his own.

Haven’t been watching so can’t say, but if he is running alongside then that seems like a nice half of footy.

The Crows won’t trade Curtin, they are playing him as a mid in the 2s and that’s where they (and him) want to play him. They need more young mids, not less. What I’d prefer is make noise with the Crows that we are taking Draper at 3. Ask for Dee’s 2R (pick 27) for a one pick slide (Caddy/O’Sullivan deal) then take FOS.
Yeah I don't expect the crows to make that offer haha. Would be very stupid of them

More likely they offer a 2nd rounder like you said

Maybe if you focus on how he played 5 years ago. Things have changed.

By far his biggest weakness currently is his ball delivery into the 50. He doesn’t have the skills to play HFF.
Isn’t that where he mainly played for Geelong though when he was there - and he was no slouch whilst playing for Geelong from memory lol.

The game has kind of moved passed one dimensional players that “play a role” though. That’s why Gaff and Sheed don’t get games anymore despite being good at what they did a few years ago.

What do you think Chesser and L Edwards have been doing on the defensive wing and HFF? Brockman also.

Both are playing defensive roles to allow the inside mids to attack.

How many times have we heard commentators and even our own players say we need ro learn how to support Kelly and Reid work through tags.
Gaff and Sheed are out because they lack pace and lack defensive skills and accountability, thats why they are out.

Graham can also play on ball either defensively or offensively. He isnt a one trick pony who can only play one position and one role.

A few theoretical idea's, would you?

1) Straight swap Barras for Warner?

2) Trade/Drop Sheed and pick up Graham as replacement?

3 a) - Trade B. Williams and pick up English for free?
3 b) - Play B.Williams forward + move O.Allen to backline and get English for free ? (subject to Barras leaving).
In a heartbeat, never gonna happen
Yes
No

English has been hitting the contest quite hard.
That’s coincided with the lift in the Bullies form.All their big boys are going hard;Ugly-Hagen, Lobb,Naughton, and Darcy who is tough and has assumed the No1 big man role.
The pressure has come off English.
As a No1 ruckman,English would struggle to be in the leagues top10. But as a No2 ruck/forward he would be close to league No1.
But coming to WC he would be No1 again with a target on his back.If he had any brains he’d stay at the Bullies

Saw Twitter suggest that Graham is running with Sheezel. 12 touches to half time with 72% coming in the defensive half. Graham has 10 of his own.

Haven’t been watching so can’t say, but if he is running alongside then that seems like a nice half of footy.

Well that explains why Sheezel is failing as my captain in the first DT elimination final.:mad::oops::joycat:

Well what matters is we can get rid of Bailey.

We could Oscar Allen in the ruck and I still consider that a win because we can delist bailey Williams.

I'm on the side of get bailey the hell out of here and irregardles of who we bring in.
No way as that was why he ended up on the injury list following playing ruck for most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at a 2025 B22, assuming Barrass leaves.

Set and forget locks:

FB: Hough McGovern Duggan

HB: Ginbey - Hunt

C: - Yeo -

HF: Ryan Waterman -

FF: - Allen -

R: - Reid Kelly

INT: J. Williams - - - -

Now adding in the incredibly likely, call them locks to get first opportunity:

HB: Ginbey HEdwards Hunt

HF: Ryan Waterman Hewett

FF: Long Allen -

INT: J. Williams, Maric, Pick 3 - -

We have no locks at ruck and need to sort out our wings. We also need more forward craft - Cripps has been removed from any semblance of lock due to recent form, and equally a guy like Dewar has a way to go before becoming a lock. Then we get into the Chesser, Hall, Johnston, Bazzo’s of the world.

There’s plenty of opportunity for players to stake their claim here, but I also think there’s quite a bit to work with that you wouldn’t necessarily think given our results over the years.

:thumbsu: :)

Now. Now.

Lets. Not let facts get in the way of someone with a different opinion.;)

Graham sounds like he has the shutdown job on Sheezel.

Started on Sheezel amd kept him very quiet in the 1st and then moved to Simpkin in the 2nd qtr and did the same to him

He's now moved to LDU who has dominated the game till now

Would rather take Draper and miss out on Curtin. Pick 23 could still net us something decent in any case.
Still have Pick 4.

Jagar would go to tigers at 1. Crows Draper 2, north would go Trainor or Smillie at 3, that still leaves us one of FOS, lalor, Murphy, hotton or berry at pick 4.

With one of those at 4 I would take Curtin for pick 23.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the key thing is we don't half-ass this rebuild. I would hate to go through these lean seasons only to end up with a team that peaks in the bottom of the eight. Trading draft capital for players who aren't part of the long term is not the way forward.

Looking at a 2025 B22, assuming Barrass leaves.

Set and forget locks:

HB: Ginbey - Hunt

HF: Ryan Waterman -

FF: - Allen -

INT: J. Williams - - - -

Now adding in the incredibly likely, call them locks to get first opportunity:

HB: Ginbey HEdwards Hunt

HF: Ryan Waterman Hewett

FF: Long Allen -

INT: J. Williams, Maric, Pick 3 - -

We have no locks at ruck and need to sort out our wings. We also need more forward craft - Cripps has been removed from any semblance of lock due to recent form, and equally a guy like Dewar has a way to go before becoming a lock. Then we get into the Chesser, Hall, Johnston, Bazzo’s of the world.

There’s plenty of opportunity for players to stake their claim here, but I also think there’s quite a bit to work with that you wouldn’t necessarily think given our results over the years.

Personally I think Cole's recent form locks him in the b22.
He has been part of bringing in the functional grunt work that has been sorely needed.

If we weren't overloaded with KPFs and rucks I'd want us to draft kale gerreyn
Could be a gun.
If we were planning on trading BWilliams,delisting Jamieson, barnett would we take a punt on him for a pick in the 20s?
We could have a few picks before that where we pick up mids, HBFers

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we weren't overloaded with KPFs and rucks I'd want us to draft kale gerreyn
Could be a gun.
If we were planning on trading BWilliams,delisting Jamieson, barnett would we take a punt on him for a pick in the 20s?
We could have a few picks before that where we pick up mids, HBFers

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The real question is could we develop Gerreyn as a KPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back