List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we don't want Bailey Willaims, Who ****ing does?
Depending what possie you think he does s suited to but Teams that have worse key forwards than us? Few teams out there.

Not sure what we do for a ruck then. The East Freo bloke? Matched it with Flynn today

If Hutch can be a solid full time 2 way mid for next year that makes our side a lot stronger already.
Add 1 more like Peatling, or even Dev to Draper/FOS, Reid and Hewett with yeo and Kelly doing bits in there and we have a somewhat competent midfield.
Never need Petch or Duggan to have stints in there again would be a huge bonus

Just need a Ruckman.
I have some hope that with Bailey spending a full preseason training as a ruck he can improve, but not good enough long term
Need to add to that depth too. I think LEdwards, Culley and Trew are gone.

Garcia would be perfect. Tackles hard, skills are decent, gets forward but runs both ways. Would be a walk up start.

Bring in Carroll to if he is a DFA if still in need and miss out on a couple of them

Garcia would be perfect. Tackles hard, skills are decent, gets forward but runs both ways. Would be a walk up start.

Bring in Carroll to if he is a DFA if still in need and miss out on a couple of them
Is Garcia out of contract?

Garcia isnt coming across to have to fight for his spot from day 1, if we have Hutch, Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Hewett, Draper, Peatling/Dev with Chesser and Hall in the WAFL hes not guaranteed a regular midfield spot by any means(im talking 25%+ CBAs).
Garcia, Dev and Peatling are probably all in a similar category, Hutch is in there too if he can show a bit more over a few more games.
Could see us running 2 mids in the forward line to fit all these guys in if this is how we ended up after the trade period.

Carrol would be a good one to get as depth(if a DFA), but I dont think hes as good as the others, he might prefer to chase games at another club.

These guys are out of contract at the end of this season...

I wouldn't be shocked if we delisted all of them except for Livingstone and maybe Culley and Burgiel
  • Josh Rotham
  • Luke Edwards
  • Jamaine Jones
  • Coby Burgiel
  • (R) Jai Culley
  • Alex Witherden
  • (R) Zane Trew
  • (R) Jordyn Baker
  • (R-B) Coen Livingstone
  • (R) Loch Rawlinson
Cripps and Cole are still in contract next year but should be depth unless they get back to their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Williams isn’t a forward and we need a ruck to replace him because he’s not a ruck either.

Had a good laugh over Bailey Williams listening to the 6PR post game, Karl and Jacko were like Flynn's never healthy rar rar rar and Bailey Williams is a good tryer but isn't a ruck then one of them cut in and said well he isn't a key forward either so what the heck is he?

And I laughed out loud. The state of our rucks instantly make us a 4/5 goal worse side every week.

Had a good laugh over Bailey Williams listening to the 6PR post game, Karl and Jacko were like Flynn's never healthy rar rar rar and Bailey Williams is a good tryer but isn't a ruck then one of them cut in and said well he isn't a key forward either so what the heck is he?

And I laughed out loud. The state of our rucks instantly make us a 4/5 goal worse side every week.
Agree
We don't have one!!

Why trade bailey Williams it's all too complicated and runs the risk of him staying if no trades get done. Prefer delist bailey for risk free approach

Last edited:
Keen for Waterman to do what no West Coast key forward has ever done and be named Club Champion.

That would be awesome. Hard to win if you miss games, he's missed 3. He's a chance given he was best on for us in a lot of games. Hough is a decent shout though, hasn't done much wrong and played every game.

Guys who have played every game: Hough Williams Cripps Cole Ginbey are all going to be top 10, probably at least 3 of the top 5.

That would be awesome. Hard to win if you miss games, he's missed 3. He's a chance given he was best on for us in a lot of games. Hough is a decent shout though, hasn't done much wrong and played every game.

Guys who have played every game: Hough Williams Cripps Cole Ginbey are all going to be top 10, probably at least 3 of the top 5.

Gov missed same number of games as waterman or 1 more? Will be tight.

Also was good catching up with the boys, told a few Derek Hall stories which was a laugh. I think Hutch is going to be a star. Perfect attitude, just give him 2 preseasons.

Tim Kelly is a lazy 1 way running ball butcher and we need to move past him in the midfield.

Sure he is contracted for 1 more season but that is it . Transition him out of the midfield and move him on .

We need some hard running team players both inside and out of the contest .

2 SA boys come to mind Sid draiper and kade Herbert.

Add that to a hopefully fit Hewett Hutchinson , hall and HJ we have the makings of a diverse midfield who may actually be able to play 2 way footy

Also was good catching up with the boys, told a few Derek Hall stories which was a laugh. I think Hutch is going to be a star. Perfect attitude, just give him 2 preseasons.

How is Brady Hough’s knee

Haven’t seen an update on it anywhere and Schofield wasn’t asked about it in his presser

Yep Gov missed an extra game compared to Jake, would be tough for him.

Hutch was a great pick-up, very glad to see him do well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back